Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine they're re-shooting to add Shi'ar lul and remove the alleged Skrulls.. I'm okay with that lol xD

there must be something seriously wrong with this movie if they decide to push it back several months. The studio executives will know what a pushback means for boxoffice results and public awareness. That's such a nightmare for this entire franchise...

But quality control is not the real reason...these mainstream studios release the biggest garbage every year without squinting. I am really wondering what could be reasoning behind this decision.
Yes, there is real damage when a movie gets pushed back and its public perception, its not a good look and creates bad word of mouth in the online community. Studios know this. So I highly doubt Fox execs are perfectly happy with this move, not only for Xmen but new mutants too. This will have a bad impact on both movies, lets not fool ourself.

This comment makes no sense. The only thing I can think is the test screenings had die hard fans that were pissed about the omission of the Shi'Ar and they gave them enough hell to reshoot Chastain back to Lilandra. But I'm grasping at straws obviously.

Please..... fox and studios did this then we’d have a whole slew of movies sticking to the source material. Fox never cared about accuracy. Why would they now?

Its *only* 3 months more guys. Cant surely be for reshoots, that would take longer wouldnt it?

In 3 months you can reshoot 50% of a movie.
Theres a lot you can film in one month

I see. I wonder if we get an official reason behind the delay like we did with New Mutants original delay.

This comment makes no sense. The only thing I can think is the test screenings had die hard fans that were pissed about the omission of the Shi'Ar and they gave them enough hell to reshoot Chastain back to Lilandra. But I'm grasping at straws obviously.

It probably has less to do with DPh. A whole bunch of Fox movies are being shuffled around.

Yes, there is real damage when a movie gets pushed back and its public perception, its not a good look and creates bad word of mouth in the online community. Studios know this. So I highly doubt Fox execs are perfectly happy with this move, not only for Xmen but new mutants too. This will have a bad impact on both movies, lets not fool ourself.
i'm going to have to disagree with you since this isnt the only movie moving around. Fox is shuffling around a whole bunch of their movies so this isnt just about Dark Pheonix. Also you probably need more time to reshoot DPh than 3 months since it takes 16 months to reshoot a movie like new mutants.

Speaking of Fox films being shuffled around, the production that was supposedly in trouble—Singer and Ottman’s Bohemian Rhapsody—is being pushed up (Read: the studio has more faith on this pic now) to bump Kinberg’s film, which in turn delays the latter.

This would be funny if this wasn’t bad PR for the X-men.

Well, I don't think there will be a trailer in may now...

This sucks. I was so much looking forward to watch Dark Phoenix as soon as possible, now have the wait almost 1 year. 3 more months of negativity and Kinberg roasting on this board though...ugh
Yeah don't think I can handle that. I'll come back when the teaser drops. I'm assuming DACrowe's doing the same thing, haven't seen them in a while.

Well on the plus side the film will have a solid year of post production. The effects should be fantastic.

Also, the film doesn't have to compete with Fantastic Beasts which was coming out 2 weeks after its original release date.

Last edited:
Speaking of Fox films being shuffled around, the production that was supposedly in trouble—Singer and Ottman’s Bohemian Rhapsody—is being pushed up (Read: the studio has more faith on this pic now) to bump Kinberg’s film, which in turn delays the latter.

This would be funny if this wasn’t bad PR for the X-men.
id imagine they think it'll do better in the oacars since december movies dont fare as well compared to november movies.Also the movie isnt even that expenisive you could reshoot the movie like 4 times over before it even comes out.

since it takes 16 months to reshoot a movie like new mutants.

Relatively speaking though, 16 months itself is a fairly long time for a reshoot. It’s not the norm, so you can’t really look at that number as a gauge to what they might/can do in the 3 month delay for Dark Phoenix.

id imagine they think it'll do better in the oacars since december movies dont fare as well compared to november movies.Also the movie isnt even that expenisive you could reshoot the movie like 4 times over before it even comes out.

What movie are you referring to?

Well, this is disappointing. I imagine it's one of these three reasons:

1. February-March is lucrative. Deadpool, Logan, Black Panther.
2. Disney. Something to do with Captain Marvel? More likely scheduling, since so many Fox pictures are changing dates.
3. They are reshooting more extensively than originally planned.

It's a small delay though, hardly anything serious. New Mutants though, that's starting to sound like Jupiter Ascending.

And to think a while ago Gambit was said to have been given the Feb 2019 spot lol. Cant help but think Disney is somehow involved in these reshuffles. Dont think any previous Xmen film has been delayed more than a month?

The Skrulls overlap is also interesting. Could there be a chance of a merger between Captain Marvel and Xmen since both films are set in the 90s and feature skrulls and both being released around a month apart? Could that be the "twist that changes the course of the franchise"?

Well, this is disappointing. I imagine it's one of these three reasons:

1. February-March is lucrative. Deadpool, Logan, Black Panther.
2. Disney. Something to do with Captain Marvel? More likely scheduling, since so many Fox pictures are changing dates.
3. They are reshooting more extensively than originally planned.

It's a small delay though, hardly anything serious. New Mutants though, that's starting to sound like Jupiter Ascending.

Where is this news about reshoots coming from? Also, reshoots aren't always a bad thing. DOFP had extensive reshoots and imo they improved the film.

There really wasn't any buzz for this movie at all. It probably would've repeated Apocalypse as lowest grossing superhero movie of the year again.

Smart decision... Real question is will there be another release date push back like with New Mutants

Dark Phoenix was trending and for a second I got excited for a surprise trailer or something, and then this is what we get.

The one bryan singer was fired from.

So 16 month reshoot for New Mutants is normal length, but the new director for Bohemian Rhapsody can reshoot Singer’s film entirely “4 times over?”

Got it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back