Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 15

Peep that Simon used the bird emoji and the fire emoji when saying that we'll be getting SOMETHING really soon. I hope that was a hint that they will capitalize off the Phoenix with this next trailer/photo...we NEED a money shot to keep people talking.

I hope so
this trailer needs to be exciting
I hope it shows the phoenix in its final form in some action scene, and it would also be cool to show the aliens

I hope so
this trailer needs to be exciting
I hope it shows the phoenix in its final form in some action scene, and it would also be cool to show the aliens

My hope for the next trailer:

- see some of the space mission (it been praised each time it's shown at a comiccon)
- action and power sequences from storm, cyclops etc (could be biased the space mission footage).
- Jean and Scott relationship at the forefront.
- if Jessica Chasatin is a comic character reveal her identity.
- at the very least make clear there is an alien presence in this film; disntigushing it from Last Stand (I can't deny that the first trailer does look like a Last Stand remake)

- cut to black. Here the classic eagle/Phoenix "kaaaawwww" reveal Jean with the flaming hair.

Also, if there is a slightest chance they are giving Jean the classic costume (Helas entire costume was Mocap in many scenes) they need to show it.

My hope for the next trailer:
- if Jessica Chasatin is a comic character reveal her identity.

- cut to black. Here the classic eagle/Phoenix "kaaaawwww" reveal Jean with the flaming hair.

Agree with the rest but not those 2. If they wanted to reveal her mystery character they would have done it long ago and not in a trailer.

The cut to black edit is too cheesy. Just show her Phoenix form during the climax of the trailer. Leave the black out shot a light hearted moment. Like in the DOFP trailer were Beast says, "in the future, do i make it" and Logan replies "No".

is a trailer that they have to show that this movie is really different from the TLS, to end this image that the first trailer left for the public, that is a remake.

There's the aliens, the phoenix look, the chastain character, new characters, they need to use all this intelligently in this trailer, of course without showing too much.

Does this reflect something from the X-lore ? If so, I'm unfamiliar with it. It doesn't look like the mummudrai that I've seen.. Maybe if one had taken over a Brood?

Kind of looks like the aliens from the Species franchise.

Does this reflect something from the X-lore ? If so, I'm unfamiliar with it. It doesn't look like the mummudrai that I've seen.. Maybe if one had taken over a Brood?

The alien design in that movie was by H.R. Giger who also did the Aliens franchise, very cool stuff.

You're so confrontational and defensive about everything anyone posts lol.. why are you like this?
It's not about me as a poster but this film. Either we speak on that or you should probably move on. I'm merely talking about the misdirection one was trying to push a narrative that we would be bullied if we went to Marvel boards which has nothing to do with Dark Phoenix.

They did not have anything to add about the film which is what this board is for.

If you do not like my words that is your right. I'm not going to call you names for having views different than me but you need to keep it on topic. This film has had a negative press train for a while now some parts deservedly but much of it is by people who are desperate to see it fail. That was what I was discussing. I wasn't trying to be confrontational but it was in response to the pile on of hate that seems to have befallen on this film without merit.

I understand some have their reasons to disagree with having an open mind I just don't agree with poisoning the well before seeing more to judge.

He also loves calling people names.

Ahhh the usual Jh post. Calling anyone who disagrees with you unintelligent or ignorant or needing reading lessons.

The truth is (and going OFF-TOPIC for a second. Sorry mods!) I'm very meh to the Ant-man franchise. I also think Brie as an actress is quite weak as *the* future of the MCU. But why do you need to know any of that? How is that related in any way to Dark Phoenix?

You comparing the way Fox is tackling their own comic book franchise to something you think is subpar (CM and AM) is you admitting Singer and Kinberg and Fox dropped the ball on theirs. Congrats you played yourself!
You should not target specific posters. That is against the rules from my understanding. Also we probably need to end this discussion on the MCU as I only brought them up tangentially and has not meant to go down the rabbit hole that much.

That next part makes me think you have completely missed my point which is in adaptation not everyone can be happy. You've got to do your best to make the best product.

Every film studio should try their hardest to make core fanbases happy but this is a multifaceted dilemma: because there are a good chunk of people who want a to the letter adaptation, there are others who want something different from the comics to make it "fresh" and there are general audiences that know nothing about comics or how a specific story has impacted that niche audience and at the end of the day just want a good film. They have to try to appease all of these sensibilities. This is a business after all. There are multiple creatives saying to go more one direction than others and sometimes things get lost in the shuffle.

So that's why Hollywood has adapted the "spirit of the story;" as a way to convey keeping the most important elements of a storylines premise while giving something new to those who want something other than a complete regurgitation from page to screen.
Besides, just because you think one studio has messed up a popular character(s) doesn't give another studio the license to also drop the ball on theirs.

I'm not even saying that they necessarily "messed up" anything again they are just doing things differently. Regardless of how I feel about each and every change I do understand why it happens.
As an X-men fan, why are you settling? Whatever happened to aiming for something better?
I think we all can agree we want them to aim for the best product but I understand reality too. We are going to have to take the good with the bad sometimes.

Last edited:
Has the film gone back to being X-Men ? Their Facebook has changed again

I saw the change on facebook and was surprised when it said June, I had completely lost track on when it was coming out.

It reminds me more of the Phalanx.

My initial thought was Danger.

250px-Dangeroom.PNG

There is no way she is going to be Danger lol .. we got like 20 seconds of the Danger Room in Apocalypse..

Assuming the images do resemble Chastains characters final form. I don't think they necessarily move it away from Chastain being Nova/ Mumumdrai.

In new Xmen she (while in Xavier body) forms a sort of cocon of energy around her which sprouts out numerous arms and legs.

There is no way she is going to be Danger lol .. we got like 20 seconds of the Danger Room in Apocalypse..

I didn't say she would be Danger. Read the tweet again. Mr. Victor posted that "the final look of 'Jessica Chastain' character is very similar to something we already know, which can serve as a tribute to something very important."

Not that I believe it but I also thought the character in the tweet looked like Danger. And if that’s the direction Kinberg is going with, it’ll just be another wrong decision, in a very long line of wrong decisions from this franchise just so they can say “See! We read the comics! This character looks like this completely unrelated character that showed up in this random issue that one time!”

Last edited:
But if they are...

...a completely new, unidentified race of tree aliens...

...then I suppose they’re free to homage anything they like.

Brood Queen would be a potentially interesting development. Even if she did end up looking like a Giger-esque Borg Queen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"