Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 15

He's saying based on the guidelines the poster gave any response could be seen as confirmation of whether the film is good or not.

Oh my god I'm so stupid, I read the entire conversation again, now it make sense.

Yeah it definelty an ambiguous post.

"Hold your horses" could mean its not good or it is good but wait for my review

Someone from france tweeted out a reaction 'translated' (but again I don't trust it since it not an official review):

The only people we know have seen the film are those who have interview the cast in the press tour (like the guy above who is writing his review) obviously so the have context for the film.

It doesn't seem like the other reviewers have seen it yet (grace Randolph said she is going next week).

Ultimately, I don't know if reviewers all see it at the same date, but I'm doubtful this is real since there seems to be a social media embargo.

Yeah I only trust reactions from known members of the press but alas everyone has different opinions. Maybe my opinion on it won’t be what the majority opinion turns out to be and I have bad taste in film, who knows. One thing is for sure, we won’t get a definitive answer until you see it.

Or see it’s final cut in my case.

Last edited:
The only people we know have seen the film are those who have interview the cast in the press tour (like the guy above who is writing his review) obviously so the have context for the film.

It doesn't seem like the other reviewers have seen it yet (grace Randolph said she is going next week).

Ultimately, I don't know if reviewers all see it at the same date, but I'm doubtful this is real since there seems to be a social media embargo.
This person posted an instagram post a few days ago aside from the twitter post today, so i dunno. Perhaps this was during the tour in france.

Last edited:
When is the review embargo over?

June 4. The movie will premiere in a lot of markets on Wednesday June 5 since it is going to be a long weekend in countries with sizeable Muslim population, as well as a holiday weekend in China.

It is not looking good for the film, with the embargo being lifted so late and the low theatre count in North America.

I saw DoFP 2+ weeks before release and they told us all at the screening to tweet about it.

I ran right here and posted about how incredible I thought it was.

2+ weeks in advance. Studios know what they have when they have it.

Edit: I think this person is part of the french press from tour because they also posted images during the press interview:

I saw DoFP 2+ weeks before release and they told us all at the screening to tweet about it.

I ran right here and posted about how incredible I thought it was.

2+ weeks in advance. Studios know what they have when they have it.

But this is also the same studio that thought they had a sure fire hit on their hands with Apocalypse and made the mistake of lifting the embargo 3 weeks early. That was an embarrassment.

This person posted an instagram post a few days ago aside from the twitter post today, so i dunno. Perhaps this was during the tour in france.

That's more evidence. But I'm still cautious.

I mean I am very optimistic for this film, but the tweet sounded at little too enthusiastic.

Edit: actually seeing your other posts it does seam like they were at the press tour.

I wonder if they'll get the same hosts from marvel.com interviewing the Dark Phoenix cast for the red carpet. Those hosts are kinda awkward and it'll be fun to sit thru.
Lorraine Cink is my favorite Marvel youtube host!

Yeah, and if they were to release the embargo earlier, such as two weeks ago or even this week, again, it would add to press workload as they have two other major films doing press rounds those weeks with embargo’s also releasing in those times.

Dark Phoenix would have been lost in the crowd if it was mixed, forgotten if it was bad, and if it was good it still wouldn’t be at the forefront of everyone’s mind in those weeks. Early embargo dates can have a backfire effect in any scenario.

What’s for certain, for me at least, is that the film I saw and initial experience I had invoked the SAME thoughts Brandon Davis posted about. If he and I are on the same page remains to be seen until his review is out.

They lifted the embargo early for Apocalypse because of how poor it was tracking. They thought any buzz would be good.
Why was it tracking so poorly?

Why was it tracking so poorly?

My guess is because it looked so poor from promotional pics in magazines to the actual trailers. I'll give DP this, it looks way better then Apocalypse ever did.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"