Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still very confused about how my post about diversity turned into a convesation about technology in the MCU.

Well to put it simply im saying i'm not interested in spierman Homecoming esque x-men movies. I want something more akin to Winter Soldier, Black panther, DOFP.

Still nothing to do with diversity.

Still nothing to do with diversity.

Wait we're talking about diversity? Oh my bad. I didnt look at previous comments. But if we're talking about diversity than i hope cyclops doesnt have a black freind thats vaugely has a nickname J.G. or anything. Other than that im fine. More diversity is good when used correctly.

Last edited:
Wait we're talking about diversity? Oh my bad. I didnt look at previous comments. But if we're talking about diversity than i hope cyclops doesnt have a black freind thats vaugely has a nickname J.G. or anything. Other than that im fine. More diversity is good when used correctly.

There you have it then.

Two birds, one stone.

I'm still very confused about how my post about diversity turned into a convesation about technology in the MCU.

Oh, okay, it clearly got lost in translation, lol...

I don't really want the ethnicity of X-Men members to be changed, but I would like existing ethnic-minority X-Men members to be showcased much better rather than being sidelined.

Oh, okay, it clearly got lost in translation, lol...

I don't really want the ethnicity of X-Men members to be changed, but I would like existing ethnic-minority X-Men members to be showcased much better rather than being sidelined.

I don't think they'll do it with major characters like Scott, Jean, Logan, etc. But I certainly think they can and will do it with some not so popular characters, like FOX did with Domino.

Homecoming had a very diverse supporting cast. I expect the same with X-Men, especially considering they have a "bigger" responsibiliy. Or at the very least a very female driven movie.

I don't think they'll do it with major characters like Scott, Jean, Logan, etc. But I certainly think they can and will do it with some not so popular characters, like FOX did with Domino.

Homecoming had a very diverse supporting cast. I expect the same with X-Men, especially considering they have a "bigger" responsibiliy. Or at the very least a very female driven movie.

MCU could race bend majors like Scott Jean Kitty and Rogue if they wanted. and easily get away with it, but the Zendaya -MJ debacle may scare them a little though. MJ fans don't play around...

Scott, Jean, Kitty, Logan and Angel shouldn't be changed but It'd be fine with everybody else being open casting. I could see Iceman being played amazingly by Ryan Potter for example

MCU could race bend majors like Scott Jean Kitty and Rogue if they wanted. and easily get away with it, but the Zendaya -MJ debacle may scare them a little though. MJ fans don't play around...

Not surprising, their only options in life are to be committed to their laminated pin-ups of (real) MJ, which protects the integrity of the art from teeth marks and *sticky* substances. :o

Scott, Jean, Kitty, Logan and Angel shouldn't be changed but It'd be fine with everybody else being open casting. I could see Iceman being played amazingly by Ryan Potter for example

I actually think Angel is some of the big names I can easily see being changed. Him and also characters like Bobby, Sean or even Xavier.

PS: I'd love if they made Bobby gay, but unfortunately I don't see it happening.

I wouldnt be surprised if MCU Logan gets "bent". Feige and company may feel the need to distance themselves from Jackman's iconic version. Dr. Cosmic suggested an Asian Wolverine on another thread, and that makes sense given his ties to Japan. A first nations actor would fit as well.

I wouldnt be surprised if MCU Logan gets "bent". Feige and company may feel the need to distance themselves from Jackman's iconic version. Dr. Cosmic suggested an Asian Wolverine on another thread, and that makes sense given his ties to Japan. A first nations actor would fit as well.

Definitely a short, jacked up, hairy version. Borderline sloppy, beer-drinking and somewhat gross, like someone who uses their sleeve to wipe his mouth. Not attractive and a killing machine to boot.

Jackman wasn't comic Wolverine at all, he just re-invented the character envisioned by Fox.

What about just dumping Logan and using Laura instead as the movie Wolverine?

Uh, that'd be like starting off the MCU Spider-Man with Miles Morales instead of Peter Parker

so what's the problem? The name will still be the same *wink wink nudge nudge*

A First Nations Logan would be cool, an Asian Logan would only work if he's the son of Chinese immigrants who came to work on the CPR. He's got to stay Canadian.

He could just be Asian Canadian. It would surprise me if Marvel changed an iconic character with their first go though.

Last edited:
Logan is harder to change. The character comes from Old money 1800s Canada. It's a similar reason for why I don't think Warren Worthington can be changed

I have a feeling Scott is the one who's gonna be changed. Personally, I hope they make him Asian... the MCU could definitely use more Asian heroes.

What about just dumping Logan and using Laura instead as the movie Wolverine?
It could work as long as they don't change the fact that she's a clone of Logan, and make it clear that her "father" is still out there somewhere and Xavier just happened to find Laura first.

EDIT: Wait I just noticed that this is the Dark Phoenix thread, I thought we were in the Recasting the X-Men one. XD

Last edited:
so.. with superbowl around the corner, is there any chance we might see a teaser?

Well, I don't mind that at all. And get ready because, if Homecoming is any indication, I bet once Marvel Studios get the X-Men back they'll do exactly the same thing with many characters. And I can't wait for it.

Which wouldn't please me at all. Anyway, there are certain characters that I wouldn't mind, Evangeline Whedon, Moira MacTaggert, Dr. Cornelius... But Domino... Her look in Deadpool 2 isn't an improvement. That's like Nightcrawler turning into a white skinned guy and just keeping the tail.

well some of you are proving my point in myc ritism of broad acceptance of any chnges made to mcu

as for teaser or full trailer inless fox surprises with red sparrow in march i feel most likely is coming in May with deadpool 2.

That's like Nightcrawler turning into a white skinned guy and just keeping the tail.

Actually it's quite different because 1) turning Kurt into a white guy is not doing anything to include minorities, which is different than having a person of color playing a person of color and not having their skin painted blue or green; and 2) Domino's skin tone is not a defining trait of her or a part of her story and the same way Kurt's whole appearance is important to him as a character and for what he goes through.

I know I may be in the minority, but I really hope Angel/Archangel at least appears and somehow gets redeemed, although I’m afraid he simply is dead.

Do you guys think although it looks unlikely we would get the X-Men vs the Imperial Guard battle, that instead we will get some sort of equivalent battle with someone/something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"