X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' started by marvelrobbins, Jun 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeholdMe Storm Disciple

Facts right here.

2. Mad Ones Bebe le Strange

3. GuestStar2004 Registered

Is this some insider information or are you just guessing?

Sometimes embargos are dropped early even with reviews now being amazing, TASM2 comes to mind.

#953 GuestStar2004, Jul 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  4. magneto23 Registered

Just calling out an exaggeration. Something that was near evenly split 50/50 with reviews is mixed. That doesn't equal "eviscerated" in my book.

5. YoungBlood Registered

Eviscerated is Fant4stic, Transformers. and The Mummy.

6. Drseuss Registered

lol some ppl set a very high standard for xmen

if apocalypse 50%RT = the sky is falling, how about bvs and ss?? :whatever:

7. Erik Lensherr Registered

8. jaymes_e06 Registered

Right and it followed up with a 92 rt score for WW so miracles DO happen.

9. Drseuss Registered

yup and same for logan as well

but no it isnt good enough for xmen fans :csad:

10. BeholdMe Storm Disciple

WW and Logan arent Dark Phoenix those succeeded for one in WW case it wasnt the same director they had for SS or BvS, it was someone different so it was different ideas, Logan wasnt done by Singer and Co either it was done by someone who wanted to respectable in some part to the mythos, giving most people the character that fans fell in love with and gave them something familiar. This isnt the same for the main XMen films we have the same person on board no real fresh blood no real new ideas, but then it is super early and we dont know what they have in store for us fans its better to keep lower standards and be surprised rather then continuing to think this time it will be different only to be mistaken with the misrepresentation of certain characters. So its easy to be cautiously hesitant with what we are getting with this movie being that its usually disappointment and they dont respect the characters for the most part. So cant compare the two, im staying hopeful that we will get something different and actually get surprised but you cant fault others for not seeing the light when it usually leads to disappointment. I believe most peoples standards are just low for the next film, just as they were after Bvs and SS but WW changed all that but it was an uphill battle because people thought it would follow the same formula and be more of the same but it was but that was after it came out and changed peoples minds.

#960 BeholdMe, Jul 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  11. GuestStar2004 Registered

i'd argue the attempt was actually to give us something different to what was familiar with Wolverine.

12. jaymes_e06 Registered

Actually Snyder was the one who helped write WW. Some try to minimize his role in but from day one he was an active part of the production and he and his wife produced WW too.

I do understand to be cautiously optimistic but the doom and gloom is a bit excessive in this thread.

13. Avalanche Tremor

I feel like he was primarily responsible for the final third, ie the worst bit by far.

14. Frankeh Registered

That's mediocrity in a nutshell, "I failed the test but some people did worse!!"

15. Phoenix Egg Registered

At this point, it's best to ignore the console warriors. If it ain't by MCU it's bad, repeat ad museum, even when not in the containment thread.

Anyway, I thought I saw a pic of Sophie and Sheridan holding up peace signs. Did that get posted? I could be crazy.

16. EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

Are you people really ok with a sub-50% Rottentomatoes score?

Reviews aren't like the elections where one candidate can get 49% and the other 50% and the latter wins LOL

I could not care less about Fant4stic, Transformers, The Mummy, bvs and ss.

X-men boards: Where having higher standards is laughed at.

17. Smilodon Registered

That's not how movie reviews work, dude. You can like what you like and there's a difference between nitpicking and actual valid complaints, but that's now how movie reviews work at all lol.

18. EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

Pssstt...most of us here that are not ok with Kinberg directing have been posting on these boards even before MCU was a thing. Most of us also loved X-men, X2 and DOFP. I even enjoyed some parts of Apocalypse but the movie is not immune to its many criticisms.

That whole supposed console wars analogy that you few sprung up with doesn't work here.

19. Lip Registered

I absolutely love how criticizing decisions made by anybody involved in the X-Men movies became a synonym of wanting X-Men in the MCU.

20. Lip Registered

I want the X-Men movies to be as good as Deadpool. You know, that movie where Colossus had more personality then 85% of the characters seen in 16 years of X-Men movies.

Or as good as Logan.

Or Legion.

21. EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

Also "ad museum." LOL I just saw that.

22. Frankeh Registered

LMAO.
    We don't need to use MCU to validate our criticisms, its just nonsense.

I only need to bring up X2 to show how incompetent X-Men Blahpocalypse was.

23. Smilodon Registered

Yeah the posters that could be considered console warriors don't reside here, they're in other threads like the one about keeping hope alive. Everyone here just doesn't like Kinberg.

And c'mon dude let's not laugh at autocorrect mistakes for new posters and such. It happens.

24. EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

Haha my bad. It's just one of those "once you see it" kinda things.

25. Lip Registered

Personally, I prefer using Deadpool as an exemple instead of X2. I love X2 and DoFP, and I think X2 is the best X-Men movie, but it also suffered from wasting characters, even though it was the best of the series in terms of balancing screentime. And wasting beloved characters is the number 1 reason I despise Apocalypse so much.

After all those years, they are aware the fans don't want their beloved characters wasted. Apocalypse proved they know that, they just don't care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.