Dark Phoenix X-Men Dark Phoenix SPOILER Discussion

And that’s what it was. *sigh* once upon a time. That’s why the UN was brought in. To force the leaders of Earth to find and hand Jean over for destruction while the entire planet was being held hostage.
That sounds like the second act to Man of Steel. I'm glad they didn't go that route.

That sounds like the second act to Man of Steel. I'm glad they didn't go that route.

It does, but it was more last resort type of thing that would have come about until the third act and would have been Man of Steel plus an armada of ships instead of one. Also had elements of JJ Abrams’ Star Trek with a black hole weapon which was actually taken directly from Phoenix Endsong.

Both movies to conserve on budget would have been more drama based character studies, fleshing out more of its core characters without the budget draining spectacle except for where it needed it. The first one was able to achieve a huge third act because it started on the streets of Ny but cleverly shifted to the park much like Dark Phoenix’s comic debut.

Last edited:
It does, but it was more last resort type of thing that would have come about until the third act and would have been Man of Steel plus an armada of ships instead of one. Also had elements of JJ Abrams’ Star Trek with a black hole weapon which was actually taken directly from Phoenix Endsong.

Both movies to conserve on budget would have been more drama based character studies, fleshing out more of its core characters without the budget draining spectacle except for where it needed it. The first one was able to achieve a huge third act because it started on the streets of Ny but cleverly shifted to the park much like Dark Phoenix’s comic debut.
Well I'm always down for more character interactions but, and I'm probably alone on this, I generally don't like 2 parters. It's something that Harry Potter kicked off and a lot of the time it feels like a cash grab.

Well I'm always down for more character interactions but, and I'm probably alone on this, I generally don't like 2 parters. It's something that Harry Potter kicked off and a lot of the time it feels like a cash grab.

I agree because sometimes they feel like incomplete movies. I’d say avengers handled it the smartest and actually made it a note that their last two films weren’t two parters because they included vastly different elements in each isolated film, while telling a larger story.

I agree because sometimes they feel like incomplete movies. I’d say avengers handled it the smartest and actually made it a note that their last two films weren’t two parters because they included vastly different elements in each isolated film, while telling a larger story.
Agreed. Avengers fell more in line with the Back To The Future sequels rather than the Deathly Hallows films.

But as always thanks for the info Icekid!

They couldn't have made it more obvious Selene replaced Psylocke if they tried. Hmmm a purple haired psychic... I wonder. lol

They couldn't have made it more obvious Selene replaced Psylocke if they tried. Hmmm a purple haired psychic... I wonder. lol
I agree with you. I feel like they meant to use Pyslocke in the movie but somehow they couldn't get the actress to comeback so they picked another actress and called her Selene to put in the movie as a replacement for Psylocke.

But I refuse to see this "Selene" as the Selene Immortal from the Hellfire club. It looked nothing like her for one thing. And secondly Selene would never join Magneto's brotherhood and go live in Genosha in a farm. And Selene does not use weapons. She doesn't need it. Also Selene is powerful enough to fight the X-Men by herself.

I agree with you. I feel like they meant to use Pyslocke in the movie but somehow they couldn't get the actress to comeback so they picked another actress and called her Selene to put in the movie as a replacement for Psylocke.

But I refuse to see this "Selene" as the Selene Immortal from the Hellfire club. It looked nothing like her for one thing. And secondly Selene would never join Magneto's brotherhood and go live in Genosha in a farm. And Selene does not use weapons. She doesn't need it. Also Selene is powerful enough to fight the X-Men by herself.

From what I remember Munn wanted to return, but it conflicted with the filming of Predator, so did that instead.

You say that as if Psylocke would. You say that as if Storm would willingly join Apocalypse in his survival of the fittest quest. You say that as if comics Beast would willingly go to Magneto to beg him to murder Jean.

Yes because this franchise is known for comic accuracy. :p

I wouldn't go that far. However, I will say that I felt like Dark Phoenix moved at a good pace and didn't waste any screentime. Whereas there are sections of Endgame, particularly in the second act, that drag and are a little boring. And there are other moments
Captain America vs. Captain America
that serve no purpose in carrying the story forward. But I did enjoy that movie overall despite those flaws.
yeah i couldnt enjoy endgame at all, it was a collossal failure to me.
ok move but i could not enjoy it.

You say that as if Psylocke would. You say that as if Storm would willingly join Apocalypse in his survival of the fittest quest. You say that as if comics Beast would willingly go to Magneto to beg him to murder Jean.

Yes because this franchise is known for comic accuracy. :p
You clearly don't read comics.
Psylocke would. In fact she joined with Magneto and his extreme X-men team in Uncanny X-Men vol. 4. It was Magneto, Sabretooth (inverted), Monet, Psylocke. This team was something between X-Force and X-Men. While Storm was leading a team of X-Men like Magik, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Old Man Logan and timedisplaced young Jean, Magneto was running the show with that other team with Psyclocke.

Apocalypse movie was a mess. They didnt explain that when Apocalypse amplify the powers of his horsemen it messes with their head too. So, that's why Storm "joined" him.

Beast would totally do that in the comics. He's the most betrayer ever to be on the X-Men. During the war of the Avengers VS X-Men, Beast chose the Avengers side. During the war of the X-Men vs the Inhumans, Beast chose the Inhumans side. Beast always leaves the X-Men to join other teams, always.

Yikes...I shudder to think what the Fox version of the Skrulls would've looked like. If they had kept that February release date and had not changed the Skrulls to the D'Bari then Dark Phoenix would've been the very first cinematic debut of the Skrulls.

You clearly don't read comics.
Psylocke would. In fact she joined with Magneto and his extreme X-men team in Uncanny X-Men vol. 4. It was Magneto, Sabretooth (inverted), Monet, Psylocke. This team was something between X-Force and X-Men. While Storm was leading a team of X-Men like Magik, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Old Man Logan and timedisplaced young Jean, Magneto was running the show with that other team with Psyclocke.
I think I am like most people, who at one point followed every X-book and ancillary X-spin offs, but have had a falling out with the comics that can't commit to storylines, constantly retconning and restarting volumes and rebooting.

If Kinberg and Singer's reasoning for repeating Psylocke as a villain (after the former had already intro'ed her as a villain his first time tackling The Dark Phoenix Saga) is that she teamed up with Magneto that one time in this one comic that barely anyone read, then he is rightfully being dragged.

If Munn was to return and Psylocke were to have her third appearance in these films (after TLS, X:A) having her as a villain her third go is really something to be applauded?
Apocalypse movie was a mess. They didnt explain that when Apocalypse amplify the powers of his horsemen it messes with their head too. So, that's why Storm "joined" him.
Sure Jan. Only you knew LMAO.

It's like most people hated Dark Phoenix "because they just don't get it!" But you get it right? Of course you do ;)
Beast would totally do that in the comics. He's the most betrayer ever to be on the X-Men. During the war of the Avengers VS X-Men, Beast chose the Avengers side. During the war of the X-Men vs the Inhumans, Beast chose the Inhumans side. Beast always leaves the X-Men to join other teams, always.
Please tell the rest of the class the storyline where Beast wanted to kill Jean Grey.

Last edited:
Yikes...I shudder to think what the Fox version of the Skrulls would've looked like. If they had kept that February release date and had not changed the Skrulls to the D'Bari then Dark Phoenix would've been the very first cinematic debut of the Skrulls.

They had the exact same render as the current version and the name “Skrull” was never said so I don’t understand where this Skrull business is coming from. Even the leak of the first test screening said they weren’t skrulls. Not sure who Tye was talking or his exact words were but all the guards were aliens trying to get inside once Scott and Xavier showed up, apparently.

Last edited:
They had the exact same render as the current version and the name “Skrull” was never said so I don’t understand where this Skrull business is coming from. Even the leak of the first test screening said they weren’t skrulls. Not sure who Tye was talking or his exact words were but all the guards were aliens trying to get inside once Scott and Xavier showed up, apparently.

I remember someone on this forum saying they’d been to a screening and the aliens were called Skrulls but had incomplete VFX. So someone somewhere was using the Skrulls name.

From an actual actor in the actual movie. After months of you saying there were never Skrulls, now we know there were Skrulls. :funny:

From an actual actor in the actual movie. After months of you saying there were never Skrulls, now we know there were Skrulls. :funny:

Sure if they were they were. Thus wouldn’t have been the first time I was told one thing by Simon & Co and completely opposite information comes out, but I would like to see a quote or video from Tye saying the word Skrulls.

Sure if they were they were. Thus wouldn’t have been the first time I was told one thing by Simon & Co and completely opposite information comes out, but I would like to see a quote or video from Tye saying the word Skrulls.
The quote is in the original post is it not?

Anyways, apparently it is in this. This is at least what everything linked to. Seems pretty long, but I am sure you can find it if you really want to.

ReelBlend #71: Tye Sheridan Talks Dark Phoenix And Ready Player One

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"