Days of Future Past 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kinda wish Halle will not return for this one.

There is just too much personal drama surrounding her now. And I don't exactly know who to believe.

Kind of change my opinion of her. I used to really like her a lot.

I just saw the shocking injuries video of her Ex-fiancee, and I feel really bad and sorry for him.

If Storm is returning, I hope they replace Halle with other actresses.

Halle's personal drama is kind of irrelevant to this. Patrick Stewart hinted at returning months ago, so it's clear the casting has been under-way for a while. If Storm is in the script they will have checked Halle's availability the same time as everyone else. They may have even enquired about the cast availability during the early scripting stage. A deal may already be in place, just unannounced, and this drama won't matter in July 2014.

Last edited:
We know simon Kinberg had been doing some work on script after Bryan Singer took over as director.Conserding his past history with halle berry It's possable he didn't want to deal
with her again.And If she tried to pull the I want lots of screen time for storm again that could cause her to be dropped.

It's very unlikely to be any recasting.Expect for prequels X-Men films have only done that for cameo roles.

I don't. Like I said before, they shouldn't bring back just 4 characters from the First Class cast. They need to include Havok, Banshee and Emma Frost. But some people here almost want all of the characters that appeared in the previous movies like Nightcrawler and Gambit to come back. They still have to make room for new characters.

dont worry, we wont have all the cast from the 4 previous movies, lol

Some fans seem to expect like 10 or more original actors on this sequel, but thats a fan dream more than anything.

Id LOVE to see Gambit and Kurt again on the big screen, but sadly this sequel doesnt seem the moment.

We know simon Kinberg had been doing some work on script after Bryan Singer took over as director.Conserding his past history with halle berry It's possable he didn't want to deal
with her again.And If she tried to pull the I want lots of screen time for storm again that could cause her to be dropped.

It's very unlikely to be any recasting.Expect for prequels X-Men films have only done that for cameo roles.

If Storm was in the script when Vaughn was still attached Bryan would have had to 'deal with' Halle anyway because he's producing. He would have been on-set and providing input on the story/characters. Whether Bryan was directing or producing Halle and himself would have been 'dealing' with each other either way, so it's unlikely he cut Storm as soon as he took over just because he had a thing with Halle 10 years ago. Lauren Shuler Donner and Halle get on fine, so Bryan would have to convince the fellow producers and the studio to get rid of one of the most familiar faces from the X-trilogy.

Storm has either been involved in the story from the beginning, or she hasn't. We'll find out which it is soon.

Last edited:
i dont want rogue back i feel her being part of the deceased would be a great emotional moment for logan he was a father figure to her

Rogue could very easily be the time traveler If they go with a physical time travel and don't go with Wolverine.And let's put It this way Bryan Singer Is more likely to try to
get Anna Paquin In film than Halle Berry.

Matthew Vaughm may only be a producer In name only with Days of future past especilly If he Is indeed directing star Wars Episode 7.

Rogue could very easily be the time traveler If they go with a physical time travel and don't go with Wolverine.And let's put It this way Bryan Singer Is more likely to try to
get Anna Paquin In film than Halle Berry.

Matthew Vaughm may only be a producer In name only with Days of future past especilly If he Is indeed directing star Wars Episode 7.

There is one other consideration regarding Storm. Ethnic diversity.

Without Storm, the returning cast is all white Caucasian.

so was the so called first Class a lot of people were screaming to be used In X-Men:First Class.

so was the so called first Class a lot of people were screaming to be used In X-Men:First Class.

So you're suggesting we might end up, somehow, with the Original Five?

I agree the Original Five are not at all racially diverse, but that reflects the early 60s. And I'm sure a film adaptation would include diversity in the film somehow, even if not in the X-Men team themselves.

No I am staying Some for First Class wanted the so called first Class.

If Bryan Singer was able to ignore the Last Stand than apart from Xavier and Magneto the characters In future scenes are likely to be Wolverine,Rogue,Cyclops,Jean,Mystique,
and possibly Iceman.

i dont want rogue back i feel her being part of the deceased would be a great emotional moment for logan he was a father figure to her

If they are gonna kill Rogue, I think it could be better if they show it instead of just mentioning it. Rogue's death could be more powerful, more dramatic and more memorable. And just like in the comics, the depowered mutants were killed after they lost their power and they could do that with Rogue.

confirmations to date:

looking forward to next additions :hrt:

Sweet Jesus! I really hope they fix Beast's look.

Well, they have more than 3 months to prep and shoot, so we should be fine in that regard. :p

appart from some shots on the actual movie, I think Beast looks pretty fine on that promo pic.

Wow looks like a whole lot has happened since I was last here. I am absolutely psyched to hear some casting announcements, (I remember when I almost had a nervous breakdown at the fact that there was no news lol)

I'm happy to welcome back Ian mckellen, Patrick Stewart, Jennifer Lawrence, James McAvoy, Michael fassbender and Nicholas Hoult to xmen especially ian and patrick I missed them (and if the rumours are true Hugh Jackman as well)

I can't wait to find out who else is coming back. I would like to see Famke, Anna, Rebecca and Halle come back. I know with all the personal drama surrounding her some people think she might not come back but i agree with Electrix has said. If an adult storm is anyway involved on this film then I think Halle may be playing her. Although they might be holding off on announcing her until all the drama blows over. But then again Storm might not have been involved in this movie at all. Which would be a shame I miss seeing her in the movies

EDIT
It seems that Halle Berry has quite quickly and unexpectedly settled her case with Gabriel Aubry. It seems this might all blow over sooner than expected. I find it curious that she has settled this all quite quickly especially considering her fears about Aubry. I wonder if Fox Execs had forced her to get all this sorted out so it has no negative impact to DoFP once they announce her involvement. or maybe I'm just reading way too much into this. i just hope that Storm appears in some shape or form

Last edited:

Beast actually doesn't look too bad on that pic (and this is coming from someone who detested his FC look!).

But they need to do something about Mystique's hair. I've always thought this, even with Rebecca's Mystique (though Rebecca's Mystique always had the good fortune of being in dimly-lit scenes).

She looks like she has mascot hair. Back in 2000's X-men days, before we ever saw pics of Mystique, her hair was described as slicked-back. I think they need to give it that "wet slicked-back"-look. Or at the very least, play around with the lighting!

Beast actually doesn't look too bad on that pic (and this is coming from someone who detested his FC look!).

But they need to do something about Mystique's hair. I've always thought this, even with Rebecca's Mystique (though Rebecca's Mystique always had the good fortune of being in dimly-lit scenes).

She looks like she has mascot hair. Back in 2000's X-men days, before we ever saw pics of Mystique, her hair was described as slicked-back. I think they need to give it that "wet slicked-back"-look. Or at the very least, play around with the lighting!

You have 1000 posts! Congrats. You can get a big avatar now, unlike me. :csad:

Haha It only took like 4 years! I've been posting here since Spidermanhype.com (the site's first incarnation) days and for the life of me I can't remember my username/password and I don't have access to my old email!

At this pace you'll have your big avatar in 2 years, just in time for DOFP! :xmen:

I just hit 1000 last week and I've been here since 2003 ahahaha .. 9 years ago..

A new hairstyle for young Mystique wouldn't be bad. A longer hair would be nice.

I would have expected the returns of Lucas Till and Caleb Landry Jones to be announced by now.

:hmm

You think they've been dropped. I mean I can't think of one reason why they would not have announced them with the rest of the first class cast. It isn't like fans are going to go crazy over their announcements. But then again maybe Bryan and the rest will just announce their return in the interim before announcing the next original cast member returning.

If Storm was in the script when Vaughn was still attached Bryan would have had to 'deal with' Halle anyway because he's producing. He would have been on-set and providing input on the story/characters. Whether Bryan was directing or producing Halle and himself would have been 'dealing' with each other either way, so it's unlikely he cut Storm as soon as he took over just because he had a thing with Halle 10 years ago. Lauren Shuler Donner and Halle get on fine, so Bryan would have to convince the fellow producers and the studio to get rid of one of the most familiar faces from the X-trilogy.

Storm has either been involved in the story from the beginning, or she hasn't. We'll find out which it is soon.

Storm's part in the previous films have been so inconsequential that she could probably be written out while shooting if a director wanted. Her few lines could just be reassigned to someone else as they rarely ever have anything to do with her character or have any importance to the plot. I can't imagine her role would be any different in DOFP.

Halle is also rumoured to have not got along with Famke (a tabloid even picked up the feud between the two when X3 was released). Not that that will be a big factor in anything, but it's another person part of the Singer crew that has had problems with Berry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"