You Have My Permission To Lounge - Part 10

At this point, It's best we agree to disagree, because now you're making responses to statements that weren't actually made.

You personally have not made such statements. But to pretend that such impressions are not being made by mainstream media outlets is foolish. For example, there are numerous articles being written about Captain Marvel making more money than any of the Batman movies and that such financial gain is somehow indicative of it being an exceptional movie, as if total B.O. gross is an indication of a film's quality. If that were the case, Transformers 4 would've won numerous awards.

Robert Pattinson as Batman is almost finalized. Slow news day.
:oldrazz:

I'm all for it. People need to move past his Twilight years. That was 10 years ago.
I'ma supporter who never watched any performance in Twilight, and he's finalized in the role.

He was never my first choice, but I'm cool with it. He's proven himself to be a good actor and he looks the part of a baby-faced Bruce.

61386366_589034981588604_6128221421408616448_n.jpg

60742686_2238628022887349_5625119745607991296_n.jpg

Time Out published their list of 100 best movies of all time. The Dark Knight is #15 on this list.

The 100 best movies of all time

Christopher Nolan’s brooding, expansive Batman sequel fuses the comic-book flick with the crime epic, and delivers something truly special: a pop spectacle with passages of surprisingly potent despair. The film’s runaway box-office success, along with its critical acclaim, made it a phenomenon that reshaped Hollywood. There’s a reason why superhero movies are taken so seriously nowadays—even by the Oscars—and this is basically it.—Bilge Ebiri

WALL-E is the greatest animated film, no contest. It should be there!

Sup folks! Gonna repost my post in the "Tim Burton's Batman 3" thread in here:

So....I'm doing a series of retro trailers on my Youtube channel (link in sig). Last year I did TDK if it were made in the 80s, and I just did a Matrix/John Wick 80s style mashup. These take a pretty decent amount of work to produce, but I'm having a ridiculous amount of fun doing them and plan on doing a lot more hopefully. Naturally, I have a ton of ideas for Batman related trailers-- including finishing the TDK trilogy with Begins as a late 70s movie and TDKR as an early 90s action movie. And I'm in the midst of working on Batman 89 as a 1940s noir film to hopefully coincide with the 30th anniversary towards the end of this month.

I bring this up here because I may have stumbled on an angle for a "Burton's Batman 3" retro-styled trailer. I know there have been a lot of "Batman 3" fan projects announced on these board over the years, and they never seem to come to fruition...so me even talking about it this point is risky haha. I don't want to jinx it, but I figured I'd just throw it out there and see if anyone is interested and maybe I'll kind of workshop the idea a bit and post about my progress here and there.

I should be clear though, if I tackle this I would be giving it my all. It wouldn't just be slapping together a bunch of clips from random movies like some of the fan-attempts I've seen on Youtube (though there'd naturally be some of that). It'd be designing authentic titles, getting professional voiceover recorded, possibly deepfaking Keaton's face onto Kilmer's face in some key Batman Forever scenes. Trying to find a narrative for it that makes sense and doing my best to approximate how a trailer would've tried to convey that circa-1995. It would be an all hands on deck creative project and would take months of work, whenever I get around to it. The driving goal would be to make it immersive enough so that it almost feels like we're finding a VHS artifact from an alternate dimension where this movie actually existed. That's kind of the approach I've been trying to take with these trailers so far.

I should add that Burton's never-to-be third film has always been an interest of mine and I still would love to see it take form as an animated movie or comic some day. It's like the lost holy grail of comic book movies and I think it's an itch many of us still want scratched...somehow!

Sup folks! Gonna repost my post in the "Tim Burton's Batman 3" thread in here:

So....I'm doing a series of retro trailers on my Youtube channel (link in sig). Last year I did TDK if it were made in the 80s, and I just did a Matrix/John Wick 80s style mashup. These take a pretty decent amount of work to produce, but I'm having a ridiculous amount of fun doing them and plan on doing a lot more hopefully. Naturally, I have a ton of ideas for Batman related trailers-- including finishing the TDK trilogy with Begins as a late 70s movie and TDKR as an early 90s action movie. And I'm in the midst of working on Batman 89 as a 1940s noir film to hopefully coincide with the 30th anniversary towards the end of this month.

I bring this up here because I may have stumbled on an angle for a "Burton's Batman 3" retro-styled trailer. I know there have been a lot of "Batman 3" fan projects announced on these board over the years, and they never seem to come to fruition...so me even talking about it this point is risky haha. I don't want to jinx it, but I figured I'd just throw it out there and see if anyone is interested and maybe I'll kind of workshop the idea a bit and post about my progress here and there.

I should be clear though, if I tackle this I would be giving it my all. It wouldn't just be slapping together a bunch of clips from random movies like some of the fan-attempts I've seen on Youtube (though there'd naturally be some of that). It'd be designing authentic titles, getting professional voiceover recorded, possibly deepfaking Keaton's face onto Kilmer's face in some key Batman Forever scenes. Trying to find a narrative for it that makes sense and doing my best to approximate how a trailer would've tried to convey that circa-1995. It would be an all hands on deck creative project and would take months of work, whenever I get around to it. The driving goal would be to make it immersive enough so that it almost feels like we're finding a VHS artifact from an alternate dimension where this movie actually existed. That's kind of the approach I've been trying to take with these trailers so far.

I should add that Burton's never-to-be third film has always been an interest of mine and I still would love to see it take form as an animated movie or comic some day. It's like the lost holy grail of comic book movies and I think it's an itch many of us still want scratched...somehow!

:funny:

Hey, if you're making this trailer, keep us posted. I would certainly love to see it. You did a good job with the TDK one.

:funny:

Hey, if you're making this trailer, keep us posted. I would certainly love to see it. You did a good job with the TDK one.

Thanks! Yeah, there are still some other ideas I have on deck that will probably come first, but I'm gonna keep this one simmering in the background. It's a pretty ambitious idea and there are some real obstacles to overcome to make it feel authentic, but I'm really curious to see if there's a way to pull that off.

Thanks for the feedback man :up:

I came here to flash the best avatar anyone ever had on any message board.

Very cool :up:

A lot of fans would want that on their wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"