You Have My Permission To Lounge - Part 10

Discussion in 'Batman World' started by Thread Manager, Jan 15, 2018.

1. titansupes

titansupes Well-Known Member

It's a weird one. Very Batman Forever (in general), with a bit of Arkham Knight (tackling the Parademon is like tackling Man-Bat) and a sprinkle of TAS (crouching on the opposite rooftop and swinging away) and B'89 (that last full-body turn and leap).

2. shauner111

shauner111 Well-Known Member

It's beyond awful. Green screen. Bad dialogue and delivery from every actor involved. Stupid Parademon goo. Stupid Batfleck is not even that rooftops greatest detective nevermind World's greatest detective, saying Alfred's name in front of a random dude.

I tried watching the movie again and turned it off pretty quickly. They were trying to make a Saturday morning cartoon (shouldn't we be past that?) and even failed at doing that.

3. StarLord

StarLord Laughing

What the hell happened to that criminal anyway?! Batman has a chat with him and then is like ''See Ya!'' :funny: :doh:

4. The Shape

The Shape In the shadows

Embarrassing.

5. Awest66

Awest66 Well-Known Member

Just saw Black Panther.

Excellent, if overhyped a bit.

6. Kane52630

Kane52630 Something's gotta stop the flow

He got away and then joined the FBI...

[​IMG]

7. shauner111

Black Panther was always going to be overhyped, but i thought it was good. On the level of Winter Soldier and Civil War for me. Not fantastic. I had issues with it. But nothing major like the DCEU movies.

8. I Am The Knight

I Am The Knight Infinity

Pretty much.

9. Tacit Ronin

Tacit Ronin Well-Known Member

Unlike Civil War, Black Panther [BLACKOUT]had a civil war[/BLACKOUT].

10. Greens

Greens I am Danny DeVito

If only the real one had been as short as the one in Black Panther, and as easily resolved.

11. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing. The scene was very Tim Burtonish and I found it pretty lackluster to the awesome fighting scene he had in BvS. That was a pretty extreme death defying in air somersault for simply catching a rooftop baddie (which he oddly just lets go as if nothing several minutes later). Blah

12. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member

It's more intelligent too. Civil War (and to a lesser extent TWS) don't live up as subversive films for me anymore. The HYDRA reveal in TWS plays like it was the "other" who corrupted the morals of American intelligence agencies, and now that the "misguided" SHIELD agents are working for the FBI/CIA and Tony Stark, things are "back on track" :huh:. Civil War at least fixes the problems with the Registration Act in the comics, but it still acts like it's a freedom vs. security debate. The idea Cap too has an agenda like everyone else? Never addressed. It's got no self-awareness when it comes to that. It would be like if the sonar scene in TDK had no self-awareness that surveillance is a question of power, not just of ethics and catching terrorists. They're textbook examples of defending the status quo by critiquing it, or what some would call "manufacturing consent" (I take it you know what I'm talking about based on your signature :cwink:).

Granted I don't think the Russo's deliberately ignored those questions, I just don't think their films are as thought-out as they think they are. Black Panther succeeds where they fail, on top of succeeding where they succeed.

13. DoomRulz

DoomRulz A guy that comes and goes

Just saw BP tonight; 8/10 for me.

It's far from the best superhero movie ever, much less the best MCU film, but it's up there. This is also easily the most visually stunning of the Marvel movies. The set pieces and costumes were amazing. But in terms of storytelling, it wasn't anything to write home about. Winter Soldier and Civil War were far superior in that regard.

Can't believe I'm saying it but Boseman was a bit flat as BP. He wasn't as much fun to watch as he was in CW, but maybe that's because he did't have much screen time, plus, he was a new character to be invested in. His sister was a far more interesting and entertaining character, as was Killmonger. I loved watching Andy Serkis. Man, that guy was having so much fun with his role, he just let loose and it was great!

While I can respect that the vibranium is what Wakanda is built on, I felt like it was too...magical. I mean, is there anything this substance *can't do*? It seemed like it was providing an easy solution to everything.

14. JackWhite

JackWhite Third Man

I just got back from seeing Black Panther. I was almost going to pass on it, but man, I really dug it. It was very fresh with solid performances across the board. It just might be a top 5 MCU film for me. I will definitely buy this when it's out on blu ray.

15. JackWhite

JackWhite Third Man

16. Tacit Ronin

It's weird how he tilts his whole body back at the end as if he was wearing the burton batsuit. Weird direction.

17. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

It's extremely weird and pretty well meaningless other than to try and recapture the magic from the fight scene in BvS. Which oddly enough this scene lands as awkwardly as Batman himself.

18. Brother Jack

Brother Jack Believer

The color grading on that film annoys me. That they just took the film as it was shot then lightened it. It makes everything look cheaper.

19. Tacit Ronin

Did you see Superman's suit? It looked worse than a cosplay.

20. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Cool Rider

I wish it was ''Tim Burtonish''. At least Burton and his teams understood how to light and present Batman in an effective manner. Even with the limitations in the suit, Keaton looks much better than Affleck ever did (I'm also not a HUGE fan of how Snyder presented Bats in BvS, outside of a few scenes).

21. shauner111

Whedon is responsible for that scene, no?

22. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Cool Rider

Yes... it was written and directed by Whedon.

23. shauner111

Just making sure, cuz it definitely screams Whedon. It's really funny if HE is the guy who tackles Batgirl after that. Good luck with that Warner Brothers. Now i read that the Nightwing movie is not even a priority for them lmao. The DCEU is the worst. The only thing i care about in that world going forward is that Joker film with hopefully Joaquin Phoenix, who is one of my favorite actors of all time.

24. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Sorry, I probably should clarify. I think I felt that the feeling or air of the scene reminded me more of something from one of the Burton films as opposed to the more recent Nolan ones.
    It's probably a waste of my time, but I'll never wrap my head around the adulation for Affleck's Batman. Granted that one fight scene was pretty great. But based upon a 5 minute action scene some people consider his Batman to be definitive? I have a hard time understanding how those same fans could justify his performance in Justice League. Phoning it in would be too kind and I still can't get over those awkward comedic moments "I don't not...(like you)" and the childish giggle with glee he gets when he sees Superman arrive. Cringe worthy.

25. Spider-Aziz

Spider-Aziz Raul Boston's Dish Gaunt

A week later and Black Panther is nearing $500 million worldwide.
    And the opening scene in JL is a sign as to why that movie grossed less than Man of Steel.