You Have My Permission To Lounge - Part 10

The Cult of Zaddy continues their nonstop social media assault because Snyder liked a post about Whedon leaving Batgirl.

These creepy fans actually make my stomach turn. I wouldn't be surprised if some are on this forum.
Go to the Justice League lounge thread. It's a ward.

oof

Some people are just downright embarrassing. Like they love him more than the material he attempted to derive from.

I've never understood the Snyder fandom, even going back to Watchmen. I try to get why people like certain movies that I don't like, and a lot of the time I can spot at least a few elements that I can see connecting with people. But when someone calls Man of Steel or Watchmen or BVS a masterpiece... I just don't get it. It's like I'm literally watching a different film from them.

I like most of Snyder's films to some degree. Loved Man of Steel. I look forward to his next project. Would never call him Jesus, though.

I used to be a big fan of his before Sucker Punch... I still love his first few movies, but it gets harder and harder with each passing year.

I agree, he is a suit filmmaker

guy certainly has a keen fashion sense, I'll give him that.

I liked 300 and that's about it. I think visually his films are amazing, but his ability to tell a story is really lackluster for me.

I hate the visuals in his movies. It's the kind of visuals I stay away from normally, Snyder or not. Nothing in his films feel believable to me. I like some scenes in Watchmen and Man of Steel but feel like those scenes would have been handled better with a superior director and DP. I haven't seen Dawn of the Dead since it came out, so I have no opinion of that. I remember enjoying it on a social level I guess, but I seriously doubt i'd enjoy it now. Also Walking Dead and World War Z has made me so sick of zombies so I have no desire to see anything related to zombies ever again. Unless one of my favorite directors was tackling that concept, then I'd have to sit through it.

I haven't seen a Michael Bay movie in years and refuse to. I think Zack falls into that category for me, especially now that he's probably done with the genre.

Last edited:
I like Bay too. Quit being so uptight :o

Nothing to do with being uptight, their movies and style aren't my cup of tea. It has nothing to do with being uptight since i enjoy a lot of comedies and it's not like i didn't enjoy something like Black Panther. Am i rejecting all blockbusters? No, that would be uptight. Bay and Snyder just represent the lowest form of blockbuster entertainment for me. The humor doesn't land, the movies are difficult to watch because you barely see the action well, the cinematography is not very good, there's no interesting ideas being formed, the acting is usually bad, dialogue poorly written, i can go on forever.

Most of the films i watch are indies and foreign language, but occasionally some great films come out of Hollywood and so it's always a breath of fresh air when that happens. Bay and Snyder are on another level of suck.

Edit: if you were sarcastic, my apologies lol, but i see a lot of ppl use that symbol without knowing it means sarcasm lol.

Yeah, I was being sarcastic :funny:

IMO, the lowest form of blockbuster entertainment is generic **** like the new Tomb Raider (it's not out yet but the writing is on the wall) where there is just nothing to enjoy and nothing to distinguish it from other films. I love the way Bay shoots action so I get a kick out of his films. Snyder is more of a mixed bag for me but overall I have fun with his movies.

Haha great! Bay has his moments, but for me it's earlier in his career. Sometimes i liked the way he shot action, Transformers not so much. Tomb Raider, yeah, i see what you mean.

So guys, what will you do if the Joaquin Phoenix as Joker in an origin movie is complete and utter BS?

I'll shrug it off.

It won't ruin my life, but I'll definitely be disappointed.

Guys, always remember, Joaquin is the biggest troll on the planet. This is a dude that went on Letterman, announced that he was getting married (which was a lie). Josh Brolin congratulated him at a party and Joaquin convincingly acted like it was a great thing happening in his life. Brolin then found out that it was B.S. Lmfao, Joaquin denying this just means he's probably the Joker. The dude is hilarious.

It does look like he's just messing around. Reporters now know they won't get any info from him.

Even if he never had talks to play Joker, he would be hearing it by now that it's a rumor. Which tells me he's just trolling lol. Love Joaquin.

Just saw a video 'Prometheus in a Nutshell', that movie has more terrible details than the ones I remember.

I like 300 a lot and Watchmen.

Lol, guy has a point with casting an almost 30 year old man as Robin

The one bit that got imprinted in my mind the most is the one of about "parents sacrificed".
There is also the description of Poison Ivy, and the depth of the singing iceman.

When they eventually put Robin in a movie, he should be a kid. Turning him into some proto version of Batman is missing the point. He's supposed to be a contrast to Batman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"