• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dark Knight Rises You Have My Permission To Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
A fresh start, indeed!

I nominate shauner111 to perform the commencement honors by providing us with today's dose of his daily berating of Zack Snyder and BvS, followed by an appropriate gif from Travesty.

Alright folks..

So Zack Snyder thinks Ben is perfect for Batman cuz he has the chin and the build.

Is this surprising? Am i picking on him? Am i amazing? Is Zack just misunderstood with a large brain and feels like there's more to Batman, but the article didn't show everything? Do you like Zacky boy as a director? Is he a man's man? Do you think he's as strong as Cavill in real life? Is he an idiot with vocabulary limited to "awesome" and "sick" while not being able to understand Batman cuz he just cares about visuals? Or is Batman v Superman a movie with amazing potential?

hqdefault.jpg

GO!

Wow it didn't take long!

Pretty sure he was talking about Affleck's look and that's not the only reason he cast him.

I love Snyder, he puts so much more into a film, there are always things in certain films he does that give and give. They make rewatched even better.

I think Batman v Supermam has the potential to be the best CBM yet and so far from what I've seen I think it's good a great chance of living up to that.

Wow it didn't take long!

Pretty sure he was talking about Affleck's look and that's not the only reason he cast him.

Snyder said Affleck has both the chin and the chops (meaning acting chops) for the role, but of course, shauner's only focused on the chin and build part. :whatever:

I dont know man..

Affleck so far, hasn't been showing any intensity as Batman. And i doubt anyone would cast Ben for Batman if he looked like Jake Gyllenhaal, because the words "intense" or "transformation" or "darkness" or "gravitas" were never words that came to mind for anyone (?) when Ben's name comes up. Jake would be considered for the role by any other filmmaker because of his abilities. If Jake didn't have that, he wouldn't be considered in this day and age and neither would Keaton or Bale in their day. Ben looks so much like Bruce and he's a good director, i'd bet my life on it that he was cast for those reasons and the rest was just a gamble. Maybe once they shot it, Zack was impressed, and we'll see if it was good timing for him. But ill NEVER buy the whole "Ben was cast for more than his looks and directing abilities". Controversial opinion? Sure. So be it.

Snyder tries to put stuff into it but i find the execution is poor. But i also find that he doesn't put enough into his films. He doesn't push it.

That bat/supes tv spot looked like a video game, once again. Im so over that kind of CG. Unfortunately Batman is in this and so i have to sit through another 3D movie where practical effects are tossed to the side. Force Awakens and Fury Road were the only movies worth paying extra due to a mandatory 3D release. Even though 3D wasn't needed there and just annoyed my eyes.

/Grumpy Complaining (for now)

Snyder said Affleck has both the chin and the chops (meaning acting chops) for the role, but of course, shauner's only focused on the chin and build part. :whatever:
You asked for it, so i gave it to you. Part of my post was a response with sarcasm, but with my own personal digs to Snyder as a filmmaker. NOTHING has me changing my mind about this guy being a real cool dude who puts character and story and substance to the side of *****-fueled geeky visuals and making women as badass but one-dimensional as possible. The day he proves me wrong, is the day i buy him a cupcake for us to share at some future red carpet premier.

So much negativity is not good for a person, sonething tells me you enjoy been negative. It his isn't because you're slating Snyder, I don't think he always gets the best performances out of people but I have noticed you seem to enjoy posting about negative things consistently rather than fo using in positive things.

Nope. I love film but i have a few directors that just bug me, and i can't stand todays filmmakers relying on CG instead of practical effects. Zack is one of those guys that annoys me, not as a person, but as an "artist".

If i saw more things i liked out of this upcoming movie, i would be talking more positive.

It's like this, if more action/superhero movies were like Force Awakens, Mad Max, John Wick, TDK Trilogy, some of the Craig Bonds, i would be super positive. That's not the case. If more horror films were like Conjuring, Babadook, It Follows, i would be more positive about that genre as well.

Nope. I love film but i have a few directors that just bug me, and i can't stand todays filmmakers relying on CG instead of practical effects. Zack is one of those guys that annoys me, not as a person, but as an "artist".

If i saw more things i liked out of this upcoming movie, i would be talking more positive.

It's like this, if more action/superhero movies were like Force Awakens, Mad Max, John Wick, TDK Trilogy, some of the Craig Bonds, i would be super positive. That's not the case. If more horror films were like Conjuring, Babadook, It Follows, i would be more positive about that genre as well.

I'm honestly just asking but why not talk more about stuff you like then? I just don't see the point in been negative all the time.

We can all lit a bunch of films we like a to how we think all film should be. En of the day they can't please everyone.

If I don't like a film I usually say a few bits have abit of discussion and move on. Whereas you seem to be going over the same things every day. It's like you want the film to be bad.

All the time? Im usually pretty positive in the TDKR thread. Only not so much with this new version or when Marvel movies are brought up.

I said all i needed to say about it now, unless you guys ask me more questions. That's why i did my semi-sarcastic questions a few posts ago. You guys continue now.

Talk about stuff i like? There's like a couple of things and that's it. What? Bruce scenes (there's like two?). What else? I dont think there is. I could return late March all like OH S**T! IT WAS AMAZING!

Talk about stuff i like? There's like a couple of things and that's it. What? Bruce scenes (there's like two?). What else? I dont think there is.

I believe you had said you are now only seeing the movie for "Bruce, Alfred, and Lois" or something like that. So you've got a lot to look forward to!

I could return late March all like OH S**T! IT WAS AMAZING!

I think we all have a better chance of winning the Powerball then you coming out of the movie saying anything positive. :hehe:

Which reminds me, anyone actually buy Powerball tix? I didn't, but I think it's up to 1.4 billion now.

Here's what I've liked about BvS so far:

The Batmobile
The suit
Affleck as playboy Bruce
Irons as Alfred
More vibrant colors, no more desaturated look
Most of the dialogue we've gotten so far
The tone of the first teaser

I've made the things I've disliked pretty clear, haha.

Which reminds me, anyone actually buy Powerball tix? I didn't, but I think it's up to 1.4 billion now.

I'm planning on buying some tonight. A waste of money, but with a jackpot that high I can't not take a shot.

Last edited:
OK ill be fair then. If i think about it a bit..

I like the new batmobile and im looking forward to the look of Gotham, Wayne Manor, how it leads to a separate cottage with the batcave inside. I want to know if they'll mention Gordon or not, or Barbara. Bruce and Alfred scenes are exciting. Irons is great casting. Im curious about Gal. She looks great, and i wonder if ill really like her performance or not as Diana. I like the colors as well. Dialogue is 50/50 right now. Ben is killing it in that party scene.

OK ill be fair then. If i think about it a bit..

I like the new batmobile and im looking forward to the look of Gotham, Wayne Manor, how it leads to a separate cottage with the batcave inside. I want to know if they'll mention Gordon or not, or Barbara. Bruce and Alfred scenes are exciting. Irons is great casting. Im curious about Gal. She looks great, and i wonder if ill really like her performance or not as Diana. I like the colors as well. Dialogue is 50/50 right now. Ben is killing it in that party scene.

Detroit for Gotham has my attention, we've done Chicago and art deco NY. Which both work fine, but need something new and Detroit has always been fascinating to me.
I feel there is no Gordon, but could be mentioned. If they make it Barbara which I'm fine with as Commissioner, I don't want Oracle Gordon, sorry, was never a fan.
I am definitely stoked for Irons, especially since he's usually playing villains. But I think the movie should have a twist, it wasn't Luthor, the real villain turns around and....
is revealed!
I'm sorry but that would make my ****ing day!

Here's what I've liked about BvS so far:

The Batmobile
The suit
Affleck as playboy Bruce
Irons as Alfred
More vibrant colors, no more desaturated look
Most of the dialogue we've gotten so far
The tone of the first teaser

I've made the things I've disliked pretty clear, haha.

I'm planning on buying some tonight. A waste of money, but with a jackpot that high I can't not take a shot.

Yeah, same. I'm going into a pool with some people at work for the Powerball.

And to play off what you said, here are some things I haven't liked about BvS so far:

- Doomsday. I didn't go on ranting and raving about it after the last trailer, but I'll admit that when I heard that roar and saw Doomsday in the trailer, my heart dropped. I had been the biggest champion of Doomsday NOT being in this film, primarily because I hate CGI monsters in movies with real people and felt that Doomsday's inclusion was unnecessary. But I get the purpose he's serving and I'm willing to give the film the benefit of the doubt and see how it all plays out on screen. I do have a feeling that's going to be one hell of an action sequence.

- Some of the CGI in general has been suspect and questionable

- I haven't been thrilled with what we've seen from Eisenberg's Luthor thus far, but again, there's so much that we have NOT seen of his Luthor so it's hard for me to make a blanket statement about how he's going to suck and be too campy or whatever

- The "jump cut" style of editing and music in the last trailer was a big mis-step, IMO. I thought the trailer had pretty great content (aside from revealing Doomsday), but the music and editing tainted it and made the film seems like it will be even more of a generic action blockbuster than I think the actual film will be (if that makes sense). I think (and hope) that the other things we've seen are better indicators of the actual tone of the film.

I would like to say that once the solo Bat film comes, even if i dont like Ben in this movie, im going to be very excited. So i certainly don't want any of it to fail, especially not Ben.

Ill take Oracle over Batgirl or Miller's female Robin.

Detroit is perfect for Gotham.

Zack Snyder will never be able to replicate the success of fleshed out characters such as CIA, wreckage brother, Dr Pavel and who could forget DWP Guy

Long live TDKR

- Doomsday. I didn't go on ranting and raving about it after the last trailer, but I'll admit that when I heard that roar and saw Doomsday in the trailer, my heart dropped. I had been the biggest champion of Doomsday NOT being in this film, primarily because I hate CGI monsters in movies with real people and felt that Doomsday's inclusion was unnecessary. But I get the purpose he's serving and I'm willing to give the film the benefit of the doubt and see how it all plays out on screen. I do have a feeling that's going to be one hell of an action sequence.

Agreed. When the speculation begun of Doomsday I was not stoked. Doomsday is a LAME character, he was simply created to be a monstrous threat, that no one can identify with and only hate because he killed Superman. At the time there was no plan to use him again, he was planned as a one shot character. Plus, his design... so 90's. So yes, never wanted him. And people arguing his purpose is to kill Superman, save him for that in the film series. Personally, not a huge fan of that story, the aftermath of his death is good though. But his use here works, cause all Doomsday is to me, is a plot device not a character, just like he was in Death of Superman.

But jumping outta nowhere with that dinosaur roar, like you my heart dropped and I was pumped. I don't know why given all that I said. Including I wasn't buying all the speculation, but same time I wasn't fully surprised.

The CGI on him? Meh! Yeah, I get it why people don't like it. Personally, it's Doomsday it can look at ****astic as they want. But let's say they do Darkseid for example, who'd have to be CGI, that I wouldn't be forgiving on at all.

Somewhere it was brought up on Collider I think, the reveal in the trailer and the Trinity was to highlight and promote the "Dawn of Justice" aspect, cause this is more or less a JL origin film. Plus, we needed to show something for general audiences to be like "Don't worry folks, they all become Super friends in the end and save the day."

Ill take Oracle over Batgirl or Miller's female Robin.

To be more specific I meant Commissioner Barbara Gordon, think Batman Beyond. There was speculation this may be the case, though maybe not that old. I meant I don't want Oracle style like Grant Morrison's Commissioner Barbara Gordon in Damian Wayne Batman. Nothing against people in wheelchairs, but the idea of Oracle always pissed me off.

Zack Snyder will never be able to replicate the success of fleshed out characters such as CIA, wreckage brother, Dr Pavel and who could forget DWP Guy

Long live TDKR

Hey, save that talk for the TDKR thread. :o

Guess all that clandestine complaining to the authorities was all for naught! Merely the venue has changed, but the gladiator match over BvS' quality continues!

Yeah, same. I'm going into a pool with some people at work for the Powerball.

And to play off what you said, here are some things I haven't liked about BvS so far:

- Some of the CGI in general has been suspect and questionable

- I haven't been thrilled with what we've seen from Eisenberg's Luthor thus far, but again, there's so much that we have NOT seen of his Luthor so it's hard for me to make a blanket statement about how he's going to suck and be too campy or whatever

- The "jump cut" style of editing and music in the last trailer was a big mis-step, IMO. I thought the trailer had pretty great content (aside from revealing Doomsday), but the music and editing tainted it and made the film seems like it will be even more of a generic action blockbuster than I think the actual film will be (if that makes sense). I think (and hope) that the other things we've seen are better indicators of the actual tone of the film.

I appreciate you 'reciprocating' there, heh. Interesting to get a more full view of your thoughts on the movie. Didn't realize you were originally against Doomsday being in the movie. Were you more in the Bizarro camp?

To be more specific I meant Commissioner Barbara Gordon, think Batman Beyond. There was speculation this may be the case, though maybe not that old. I meant I don't want Oracle style like Grant Morrison's Commissioner Barbara Gordon in Damian Wayne Batman. Nothing against people in wheelchairs, but the idea of Oracle always pissed me off.
Why does it piss you off?

If we're getting Barbara, it'll be Jena Malone, and it just doesn't fit having a 20 something girl as Commish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"