• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Dark Knight Rises You Have My Permission To Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was worse mainly. But i liked their use of Nygma more this time around and i liked the Gordon/Bullock stuff more. The Penguin parts felt random, Jada's delivery was WAY too over the top in the 2nd episode and the tone was all over the place.

Yeah Cat this Cat that.

Granted I was pretty tired when I sat down to watch the episode the next day, I still found it very boring and all of the Selina "Cat" stuff had me rolling my eyes. Perhaps it's still too early to outright condemn the show, but If it keeps up like this I'm probably going to stop watching.

Yeah, was it me or did whatever accent Jada is affecting totally change from Episode 1 to 2?

I liked her performace in the first episode, but it felt off in the second to me.

Same boat as you guys...I'm trying, but not sure how much longer I can hang on. It's pretty bad.

I heard that complaint about her accent being layed on more thick in the second episode and honestly it didn't seem that much different to me, but maybe it's more her delivery? Then again, I was half asleep while watching, lol.

Anyways, this show would be ten times better if they focused solely on the Gotham police department and them dealing with the rise of the soon to be rogues gallery. You've got a great dynamic with Gordon and Bullock and you have Allen and Montoya in the mix too.

I heard that complaint about her accent being layed on more thick in the second episode and honestly it didn't seem that much different to me, but maybe it's more her delivery? Then again, I was half asleep while watching, lol.

Anyways, this show would be ten times better if they focused solely on the Gotham police department and them dealing with the rise of the soon to be rogues gallery. You've got a great dynamic with Gordon and Bullock and you have Allen and Montoya in the mix too.

Or if it was Gotham Central instead of a prequel, if they really want to include the rogues gallery.

Anyone see Gone Girl this past week?

Im also looking forward to Birdman, Whiplash, Nightcrawler, Interstellar, Exodus and Inherent Vice. Super stoked for those movies. Man i love oscar season. It definitely makes up for the horrible mess that's on tv right now. I dont like a single show.

Yup! I saw it over the weekend and I loved the hell out of it. Pike=:bow: What a mesmerizing performance. Dare I even say iconic especially for a female role?

Yep, much agreed, kvz5.

Obviously Interstellar is looking like another Nolan home run, but I'm really stoked for Nightcrawler and Foxcatcher.

I forgot about Foxcatcher!

Pike was amazing. Affleck was good and really funny at times, playing the doofus. Best Fincher since Zodiac? I think so! And the actress who played Ben's sister was really great.

Yep, much agreed, kvz5.

Obviously Interstellar is looking like another Nolan home run, but I'm really stoked for Nightcrawler and Foxcatcher.

Both appears to be very creepy. I'm very excited to see Carrell's performance.

I forgot about Foxcatcher!

Pike was amazing. Affleck was good and really funny at times, playing the doofus. Best Fincher since Zodiac? I think so! And the actress who played Ben's sister was really great.

Carrie Coon! She gave my 2nd favorite performance. All are great but IMO the women owned the film. Pike, Coon, Dickens... Do you watch Leftovers? She's amazing there as well.

Yup! I saw it over the weekend and I loved the hell out of it. Pike=:bow: What a mesmerizing performance. Dare I even say iconic especially for a female role?

:awesome:

I thought The Social Network was better. Hell, I think TSN is better than Zodiac.

And I love all those movies. He's up there as one of my favorite directors.

Was just wondering, do they ever call Stephens (in TDK) by that name in the movie? Is it ever mentioned? Or is it just in the script/end credits. Im trying to remember.

Edit: Nevermind, im pretty sure it wasn't in the actual film. I was thinking of this because i call Juno Temple's character in Rises: Holly. IMO that's who she is. She's certainly influenced by her even if she's "Jen" in the script/end credits. And so i may as well call Stephens: Harvey Bullock. I see him as Nolan's version of him. And i see Zeus/Tiny Lister's character in TDK as Waylon Jones.

Last edited:
So...new solo Batman movie in 2017. :woot:

Last edited:
I still wonder why Nolan didn't credit Juno Temple's character as Holly. I know why Ramirez wasn't officially Montoya and both Wuertz and Stephens gave off Bullock vibes to me.

Even if it's just a Lego one. :cwink:

DARKNESS! NO PARENTS!

i had no idea there were deathmatch pleas here lol but anyways...

hello all,

just wanted to direct some of you over to our Fan Art section. The Nov/Dec Fan Art contest is up and the theme is TMNT! There are prizes as well, hype related and physical ones.
there will be many more contests and more prizes so now is a great time to jump in!

come on out and participate.
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=488839

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"