The Hobbit pt. 2 12-13
Jack Ryan 12-25

1.) Star Trek Into Darkness
2.) TheHobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
3.) Lone Ranger
4.) Iron Man 3
5.) Thor 2

Honorable mentions: Man of Steel, Catching Fire, Ender's Game

Iron Man and Thor would have been higher, but having Avengers last year, puts them down a bit on anticipation.

1. Man of Steel
2. Star Trek Into Darkness
3. Elysium
4. Oblivion
5. Pacific Rim

Good topic! It's quite difficult to tell at this stage because I haven't seen preview material for almost anything bar Die Hard and Superman. So far, with what little knowledge I have, I'm most excited about these five...

5. The Hobbit Part 2
4. Star Trek: Into Darkness
3. Thor 2
2.A Good Day to Die Hard
1.Iron Man 3

1) Man Of Steel
2) Iron Man 3
3) G.I.Joe Retaliation
4) A Good Day To Die Hard
5) The Hangover 3

Just 5? Hmm, that's a tough one.

-IM3
-Thor:TDW
-Cavalry
-The World's End (Wright/Pegg)
-Man of Steel / Star Trek ID / The Hobbit DOS / Pacific Rim

Oblivion
Pacific Rim
Elysium
Gravity
47 Ronin if it EVER sees the light of day.

Special mention to Europa Report, Star Trek, and Man of Steel.

Iron Man 3

Star Trek 2

Man of Steel

Thor 2

Pacific Rim

Honorable mentions : Oblivion , Hobbit 2 , and Elysium.

Wow, am I the only Lone Ranger fan? I've been waiting for that to be done right on the big screen ever since that horrible Klinton Spillsbury version in the early 80's. I had fond memories of it, as a kid, but looking at it now, I see how horrible it really was.

I grew up watching the old TV show, on re-runs every morning. I'm really hopeful that turns out to be great.

There's lots I'm lookng forward too, but 2013 is all about Man of Steel and Pacific Rim.

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Elysium
Pacific Rim
Iron Man 3
Thor: The Dark World

1 Iron Man 3
2 The Hobbit Part 2
3 Star Trek 2
4 Lone Ranger
5 Oz The Great And Powerful.

1. Man of Steel
2. Star Trek Into Darkness
3. Iron Man 3
4. Catching Fire
5. The Hobbit Pt. 2

Thor 2 is close though. Could change after I see Hobbit part 1.

1) Man of Steel
2) Iron Man 3
3) Thor 2
4) The Wolverine
5) Kick Ass 2

Honorable Mentions: Elysium, After Earth, Pacific Rim

Star Trek and Pacific Rim. Couldn't think of three other movies I'm excited about.

It's ironic. I'm more interested this year for original movies, than sequels or adaptations of popular material. Thor and Iron Man I only care about due to Avengers and previous installments, otherwise I'm pretty burned out on superhero movies.

I have literally zero hype for Man of Steel. Looks good, but I honestly just do not care about Superman anymore.

The Last Stand Is the first movie I plan to see on my 2013 movie list.

I'll see The Last Stand and The Tomb opening day.

Wow, am I the only Lone Ranger fan? I've been waiting for that to be done right on the big screen ever since that horrible Klinton Spillsbury version in the early 80's. I had fond memories of it, as a kid, but looking at it now, I see how horrible it really was.

I grew up watching the old TV show, on re-runs every morning. I'm really hopeful that turns out to be great.

I am looking forward to Lone Ranger, but it's not in my top five.

I can't express enouhg how excited I am to see soooo many sci-fi films coming out!! Sci-fi IS BACK.

Now it just needs to return to tv....

It's ironic. I'm more interested this year for original movies, than sequels or adaptations of popular material. Thor and Iron Man I only care about due to Avengers and previous installments, otherwise I'm pretty burned out on superhero movies.

I have literally zero hype for Man of Steel. Looks good, but I honestly just do not care about Superman anymore.

I worry about the general audience getting superhero fatigue , but luckily I'm not feeling any of that. I think it could be even better. However we're getting some really interesting original sci fi films this year ( Oblivion , Pacific Rim , After Earth , and Elysium).

1. Star Trek: Into Darkness
2. Man of Steel
3. Elysium
4.Fast 6
5. Catching Fire

Iron Man 3 would be in the top five if Iron Man 2 hadn't sucked. I plain on seeing all of the Sci Fi films like After Earth and Oblivion and Pacific Rim.

Last edited:
1) Kick-Ass 2
2) The Great Gatsby
3) Stoker
4) Star Trek into Darkness
5) Oz: The Great and Powerful

I don't count anything after the summer as it is way too far away. It's also a little too early to say I am excited by any of these. But they all have the potential to be great, so I look forward to them. Pacific Rim also peaks my interest. Iron Man 3 will probably be good, but other than Avengers, Marvel hasn't shown me it can do a really great movie and we'll see on MOS. I am surprised so many people are excited by a Shamylan movie. I have been burned too many times in that regard. I am always up for another Hangover though, I must admit.

I worry about the general audience getting superhero fatigue , but luckily I'm not feeling any of that. I think it could be even better. However we're getting some really interesting original sci fi films this year ( Oblivion , Pacific Rim , After Earth , and Elysium).

Superhero movies and Sci-Fi is all I'll watch at the theater.

As of now:

1. Man of Steel
2. The Wolverine
3. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
4. Only God Forgives
5. Star Trek Into Darkness

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"