Justice League Zack Snyder Directing Justice League (The Snyder Cut Edition) - Part 2

Yeah I’d say you asked for trouble there

not a good idea to enter into a hive mind and go against the grain

i mentioned this in the r/SnyderCut subbreddit and my comment was downvoted so hard it was funny. maybe its my fault for been there in the first place. they consider it their safe space
The amount of planets to have to align even more so with some of the crazier demands beyond Discovery purchasing Time Warner, then firing everyone so Ray Fisher can come back, rehiring Snyder, forcing Ben Affleck back, scheduling 3 movies in the future to the tune of approximately 3/4 of a billion dollars.

The amount of planets to have to align even more so with some of the crazier demands beyond Discovery purchasing Time Warner, then firing everyone so Ray Fisher can come back, rehiring Snyder, forcing Ben Affleck back, scheduling 3 movies in the future to the tune of approximately 3/4 of a billion dollars.

thats the thing so much has to just fall in place. its not impossible but its improbable that all of that happens. ZS is having fun over at Netflix it just doesn't make sense to me that he will come back. plus hes doing his own original stuff. he even said recently that he prefers his own original stuff to be called synderverse than the DC movies he made cus he doesn't own that world.

Yeah I’d say you asked for trouble there

not a good idea to enter into a hive mind and go against the grain

yeah my comment had to be removed cus it got so many downvotes. it was the first time that had ever happened to me. i should have just kept it to myself

Brolin is the perfect age for a Dark Knight Returns adaptation, and I say this as someone who has become pretty disillusioned by all the Frank Miller TDKR stuff the last few years for….. reasons lol.

I made a Wizard Magazine-inspired casting call for Justice League. This is how I would have cast the DCEU Justice League instead:

View attachment 52615
Yas to Brolin, Elba, Hunam, and Reddick.

Like the idea of Bardem. Not sure of John, Charlize, and Baby Goose whom I love but don't find it ever happening. :(

So I've watched Zack's DC trilogy again, and I've gotta wonder about two things when it comes to the Flash:
  1. How did he get his powers without working for CSI labs?
  2. Then he got the job without having an official degree? I get that a rich man helped, but still..

And then the amount of scenes you can skip is grand, you can skip more than just the portion of the epilogue that comes after Superman's shirt rip. You don't need the museum attack scene, you can skip majority -or the entirety- of Amy Adams scenes before Superman's resurrection, you can obviously skip the ladies singing for Aquaman.....

There is a good amount of good in this, it had the potential to be better, but the way things go it's probably a 6/10 at best.

We proofed the infidels wrong one time, we‘ll do it a second time too :D

We proved the infidels wrong one time, we‘ll do it a second time too :D

That movie is not the phenomenon you wish it to be, the phenomena about it is seeing it realized.
A lot of people were quick to stop watching the movie despite the numerous clicks it reached, and they might not be that big compared to 'Zilla vs King Kong going by number of people who watched the entirety of that monster movie.

That movie is not the phenomenon you wish it to be, the phenomena about it is seeing it realized.
A lot of people were quick to stop watching the movie despite the numerous clicks it reached, and they might not be that big compared to 'Zilla vs King Kong going by number of people who watched the entirety of that monster movie.

That is what many forget, but does it really matter in the end?
It got the numbers either way, doesnt matter if people couldnt stomach the whole 4 hours.
Seeing as it wasnt even in the top 20 in terms Home media sales etc...yeah people think way too much about the movie itself.

Its why i cant take the reviews etc too serious, because i firmly believe a lot of the "hype" is because of the idea, that fans could come together to fight against the big evil company and win.

Wait is he talking about Whedon's version here?

Hard to say isnt it.XD
Lets just assume its about Whedon.

That is what many forget, but does it really matter in the end?
It got the numbers either way, doesnt matter if people couldnt stomach the whole 4 hours.
Seeing as it wasnt even in the top 20 in terms Home media sales etc...yeah people think way too much about the movie itself.

Its why i cant take the reviews etc too serious, because i firmly believe a lot of the "hype" is because of the idea, that fans could come together to fight against the big evil company and win.

Hard to say isnt it.XD
Lets just assume its about Whedon.

Well personally I loved Zack's version and thought Whedon's was terrible, so I am going to assume that.

I mean the Snyder Cut cost 70 million to make, it was an HBO MAX exclusive and was still beaten by Mortal Kombat, Godzilla vs Kong, The Suicide Squad, The Matrix Resurrections, Space Jam: A New Legacy and Dune, all films that also had a cinematic release as well. For all this talk about a global phenomenon it's painfully obvious that only a relatively small number of fans care for this universe, which isn't enough to justify any sort of continuation that would cost the studio 200-300 millions to make. Also you can't restore a universe where half the cast either wants out or the studio wants them out.

...And then the amount of scenes you can skip is grand, you can skip more than just the portion of the epilogue that comes after Superman's shirt rip. You don't need the museum attack scene, you can skip majority -or the entirety- of Amy Adams scenes before Superman's resurrection, you can obviously skip the ladies singing for Aquaman.....

For me, one of the strengths of ZSJL is, in fact, its longform structure. I legitimately enjoyed the extra time and attention paid to character development; to small “character moments”; to minor story details and embellishments (that weren’t, strictly speaking, absolutely essential to the plot); to longer takes of the purely visual elements; etc.

It’s true, however, that at a basic level, the movie’s “superheroes vs. supervillains plot” is pretty standard, boilerplate stuff. So if runtime and “trimming the fat” are overriding concerns, you certainly could streamline the story down to its bare essentials. And presumably, this is what the lean, 2-hour Whedon cut does (though I can’t speak from personal knowledge — since I’ve never seen the Whedon cut.) IOW, take your pick: long and leisurely or tight and efficient.

I suppose it’s interesting to contemplate what Snyder’s alternative theatrical cuts (2.5hrs, 2.75hrs, 3hrs, etc.) might have looked like. Is there, indeed, a “sweet spot” that takes the best of the longform but isn’t quite so… well, long? Maybe. But since steaming (not theatrical) was the eventual venue, I’m happy with 4 hours. (In different circumstances, it’s likely that the extra footage would have ended up as “bonus material” on a DVD release. And then someone would have “fan edited” everything into a 4-hour opus anyway. So Snyder saved them the trouble. :word:)

After watching the movie a few times, I'm not sure what scenes I would have removed. I feel like each scene was pretty essential to the story momentum and character development. Some scenes maybe could be trimmed (like the Aquaman singing choir in the beginning) but I also very much like the deliberate pace this takes. And the small character scenes like Alfred and Diana bonding over tea or catching up with Lois periodically to feel her grief for the loss of Clark I think add to the weight of the film so that you care whats going on. This movie unfortunately did not have the luxury like the first Avengers film to have four set up movies before it to establish all its characters so it had to do a lot of heavy lifting especially with Arthur, Barry and Victor.

But you know, I kind of equate this to those extended LOTR movies. LOTR fans will tell you those extended cuts are the DEFINITIVE ways to watch those movies but if you're not a fan those movies could be cumbersome to get through because they're just so long. So, point being, if you're not someone invested in this world Snyder set up I could easily see this movie being a chore to get through because...well you didnt really care that much to begin with. But someone like me whose been invested in this journey and this rendition of the DC universe since MOS, I ate up every minute we spent with these characters.

Last edited:
If they’re not going to do another movie, just do a stand-alone miniseries on HBO Max.

JJ Abrams’

JLA

Superman - David Corenswet

9BB6CFF6-6A0A-4A04-84FC-0E4427F10C06.jpeg

Batman - Jon Hamm

228D27D1-1A30-43D2-A345-0D0E0EC95A6D.jpeg

Wonder Woman - Alicia Vikander

91A65A14-F249-4E4F-A2D2-18E4251B64E3.jpeg

The Flash - Jack Quaid

97CE4D50-0648-481B-9A29-764BA80B6D9A.jpeg

Green Lantern - Omari Hardick

CE6BFA5C-1B9F-4F91-864D-C006852EFE43.jpeg

Aquaman - Travis Fimmel

1AE728FD-5A1C-4696-8926-97496E4D7779.jpeg

Martian Manhunter - Lance Reddick

5A7DDE5A-75E3-4351-B0EB-442F75B9053E.jpeg

Darkseid - Javier Bardem

642592B0-EB1C-4E68-A241-85451607FC79.jpeg

Lex Luthor - Bryan Cranston

A31FAFC8-20C5-44F6-BDD4-76B5C3B634A8.jpeg

Joker - Willem Dafoe

1A046255-86EF-4D83-A906-1DED95FC3DF0.jpeg

Cheetah - Sofia Boutella

358B9819-1E37-49B0-AB36-601817CFC0D5.jpeg

Gorilla Grodd - Toby Kebbell

647858FC-CA67-400E-966E-75D4E2212527.jpeg

Sinestro - Luke Evans

F9A57C69-9C05-42B9-9AF0-A77A126CEB60.jpeg

Black Manta - Ricky Whittle

758C2AEB-41E7-4F69-97F4-B7B33C593EA1.jpeg

Ma’ale’fa’ak - Peter Mensah

46521FFA-D37A-48BD-BEE7-4138D815F8AB.jpeg

Last edited:
They're 100% gonna attempt another Justice League movie at some point, it'll just be with a different creative team and line-up.

That Aquaman 2
allegedly has an appearance from Keaton
pretty much ensures they're taking the connected universe thing more seriously than they have been the last few years.

That's not Natalie Dormer.

natalie_dormer.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"