Justice League Zack Snyder Directing Justice League (The Snyder Cut Edition) - Part 2

Looks good! Idk I think I would like a more tactical/soldier look with muted greens for Green Lantern’s suit. I still love this concept art minus the mask

C7D20750-8E40-432F-AA28-C36AA757EB96.jpeg

WB and their character embargos. You can't use GL because we have other exciting uses for GL, like GL Corps coming to HBO Max. Oh that's going to have John Stewart in it? No.

Meanwhile theres a Flash on tv and on film, a Superman on tv and on film, there's soon to be two Nightwings, Pattinson is Batman...but so is Keaton....and Ian Glenn apparently, there's 3 different cinematic Jokers running around now. Am I missing any?

You know, in thinking about it though, it probably made more sense narrative wise to have Manhunter pop up at the end of the movie instead of GL. Because think about it, the movie already introduced him earlier with the Martha/ Lois scene. it would've been weird to have no payoff to that. I think it was only fitting we saw Manhunter one more time at the end to punctuate his appearance in the movie and tell the audience who he is and why he's here.

You know, in thinking about it though, it probably made more sense narrative wise to have Manhunter pop up at the end of the movie instead of GL. Because think about it, the movie already introduced him earlier with the Martha/ Lois scene. it would've been weird to have no payoff to that. I think it was only fitting we saw Manhunter one more time at the end to punctuate his appearance in the movie and tell the audience who he is and why he's here.

I'll be honest I would have liked that Martha / Lois scene cut down. It meant so much more when we thought it was Martha instead of MM.

...it probably made more sense narrative wise to have Manhunter pop up at the end of the movie instead of GL. Because think about it, the movie already introduced him earlier with the Martha/ Lois scene. it would've been weird to have no payoff to that. I think it was only fitting we saw Manhunter one more time at the end to punctuate his appearance in the movie and tell the audience who he is and why he's here.

Yes. But OTOH... For either character’s appearance in the movie’s coda, the obvious question is: “Where were you during the big battle with Steppenwolf?” Now had it been GL, we might fanwank (as the kids say) a possible scenario. Perhaps he was off world (or some such). But that explanation doesn’t work with MM — since, as noted, he was around for the Lois/Martha scene.

Having GL appear would've been a fun fan service moment and cool to see John Stewart for the first time in live action but ultimately it wouldn't have gone anywhere. Not that I expect Harry Lennox’s MM to go anywhere either but in a way his appearance put a nice little punctuation on General Swanwick’s character, a character that we’d become acquainted with from the prior movies.

Nah way before he Snyder Cut was announced Zack had shared a storyboard drawing where he showed the MM scene and it broke the internet. He had it planned all along.

Yeah, there's nothing about the MM/Swanwick stuff that makes sense, for ZSJL by itself or for MoS/BvS retroactively. Snyder saw people online saying Lennox would have made a cool MM, thought to himself "Oh they're right" and then pretended that was the plan all along.

Green Lantern definitely should have been introduced in the end instead of Martian Manhunter retroactively being in Earth all along.

I mean for the one and done JL, it should just have been MM. While both MM and GL would have been fan service, GL and the Corps help in JL3's final battle so a setup in JL would have made sense. Even though, that GL Corps movie would have really got more people invested prior to JL3.

So…it looks like it’s happening :funny:

Variety reporting it’s a success, top 4 in streaming among MCU shows, Zack’s crew teasing, GL HD released, stuff delayed, pesky execs about to be gone

:grin:

btw I ended up getting 2 copies of ZSJL cuz the first one from Aussie never arrived, they told me they lost it so sent me another copy, so both arrived within the same week :funny:

There's a visual effects log jam in Hollywood right now because of the pandemic. Marvel's had to delay multiple projects as well.

Wonka and The Meg 2 were also among the WB films that got pushed back, and somehow I doubt it's so they can be reshot to accommodate ZSJL2.

So…it looks like it’s happening :funny:

Variety reporting it’s a success, top 4 in streaming among MCU shows, Zack’s crew teasing, GL HD released, stuff delayed, pesky execs about to be gone

:grin:

btw I ended up getting 2 copies of ZSJL cuz the first one from Aussie never arrived, they told me they lost it so sent me another copy, so both arrived within the same week :funny:

The same happened to me when I ordered a blu ray copy of Logan from Amazon. I didn’t get a copy in the time they promised so I called customer support and they sent me a second copy for free. Then both copies arrived on the same day.

The same happened to me when I ordered a blu ray copy of Logan from Amazon. I didn’t get a copy in the time they promised so I called customer support and they sent me a second copy for free. Then both copies arrived on the same day.

:funny:

1 for the photo frame 1 for live entertainment

Anyway, surprised yet happy to see Flash entering the Speed Force winning the Oscar Cheer moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"