Justice League Zack Snyder Directing Justice League (The Snyder Cut Edition) - Part 2

And that flash scene leading directly into that victor scene...just beautiful stuff. I just love how so much of this ties back to families and how they can really build who you are and the type of strength those relationships provide.

And Leto is underrated as Joker, idc what you say. Love him in Suicide Squad, too, and I want to see the rest of that performance. I like him better than, Heath(RIP). I love Heath in TKD, just doesn’t feel like comic book joker to me.

@Superherofan123 I take it your kind of enjoying the movie? :D
Yea no doubt. I’ve only watched it straight through once but I’ve just been watching bits and pieces here and there since. Watching the third act again now. Just so much greatness. Really hope they continue this on hbo max.

Shotgun - Diana belongs to me. *Evil laugh*

Finished the Black and White version ....the colored version is better but the Noir look is cool like Sin City mixed with 300 and The Spirit.

I tried to edit this into a 3 hour movie taking out:

- half of the singing women of Aquaman
- Bruce and Alfred leaving on a plane
- Some Lois scenes
- WW going to Greece finding about Darkseid
- Martha turning to Martian Manhunter
- All of Lex parts, Knightmare scene at the end, and Bruce waking up to Martian Manhunter.

It just ends with Clark ripping his shirt to reveal his S shield.

And it’s still 3 hour and 35 minutes before credits!!

There’s no way this can be a 2 hour and 30 minutes movie without losing its greatness.

i want a live action animal man adaption.

but ain't nobody but me and maybe 2 other persons on the earth wanna see that.

Animal Man ftw!

Swamp Thing + Animal Man. I really wish DC hadn't cancelled the ST tv show - could have build upto Animal Man (still hoping HBO Max picks it up!)

And Leto is underrated as Joker, idc what you say. Love him in Suicide Squad, too, and I want to see the rest of that performance. I like him better than, Heath(RIP). I love Heath in TKD, just doesn’t feel like comic book joker to me.
You almost had me
Ew2FuPPWUDAbEaG

I'll say this for Leto.

He LOOKS the most like the Joker. He's also got the right amount of weird expressions, etc. He's the one Joker who looks legit scary (at least Knightmare) and for SS he did look gross. :D

I kind of get where you're coming from with Nolan's Joker. Subtract a few lines and he could maybe pass for Riddler.

Still the thing that Leto's missing that he needs to get to Heath or Phoenix's is level is
1. Find his voice...he still seems to be trying out different things.
2. ENERGY. Heath had that manic energy, Phoenix knew when to turn it on and so did Jack.

Knightmare scene works because he's sort of lulling Batman into a back and forth.

So even though that scene is incredible. His acting isnt up there with the others Jokers so I cant put him on that level despite.. him seeming the most like Joker.

Finished the Black and White version ....the colored version is better but the Noir look is cool like Sin City mixed with 300 and The Spirit.

- Some Lois scenes
- All of Lex parts, Knightmare scene at the end, and Bruce waking up to Martian Manhunter.

There’s no way this can be a 2 hour and 30 minutes movie without losing its greatness.
Yea its tough to do with this movie.

Cut down the Amazons bringing out the bow.

I will say I think this movie needs a MoS like treatment with slow-mos. I'm sure if a few scenes were sped up (Vic playing football) it would help.

Nah Leto is still the worst Joker.
TBF he's got the least screen time. And two of those performances are all time oscar winning performances.

I thought Snyder did a wonderful job with him here. Leto needs more time on screen to truly find out, but he also needs to commit to which style he's going to use. Again I think the inconsistency happens when you're not that important to the script. He might need that to focus more.

TBF he's got the least screen time. And two of those performances are all time oscar winning performances.

I thought Snyder did a wonderful job with him here. Leto needs more time on screen to truly find out, but he also needs to commit to which style he's going to use. Again I think the inconsistency happens when you're not that important to the script. He might need that to focus more.
I don't see how more screentime helps. Ok, SS was indeed cut up to pieces. But he had at least one or two scenes where he was allowed to freely flex his performance. Same too with his scene in JL. It just doesn't work for a lot of people.

And frankly I think people who claimed Snyder would turn Leto's Joker around were completely wrong. In some ways, I'd argue he was worse off than SS. In particular, his laugh(s).

- Some Lois scenes

Do a 2hr cut lol

Just finished watching Part 1, after watching BvS UE first.

Y'all have already said it but this version is SO much better than Whedon's theatrical cut. Flows so much better and now I feel like Snyder actually directed this out of his unique artistic vision. And I've already teared up 3 times too from the new emotional scenes.

Steppenwolf also looks SO much better in this one, properly scary and badass. IDK what Whedon could've possibly been thinking with that atrocity from the theatrical cut.

Meh, I liked Leto here. I did not like him in SS, but his performance in ZSJL just just worked for me. But I also do not expect every actor to play the character to sweep awards season. He gave me a believable performance and I’m super happy with that.

So #RestoreTheSnyderverse has reached over a million tweets... and WB ignores lol. Instead they post Dr. Fate's casting announcement (don't get me wrong I'm hyped for that.) And the new Suicide Squad trailer drops tomorrow (also hype.) I can understand it being hard to get everyone to possibly come back for a ZSJL2. But most of the actors said they really loved working with Snyder, so how hard would it be? Affleck might be the toughest one. I'm just a fan, and know very little to nothing about all of that, But if something is in demand... give it a go?

Batman v Superman on 4k dropped and it sold out. I guess I'll wait a minute on that.

So #RestoreTheSnyderverse has reached over a million tweets... and WB ignores lol. Instead they post Dr. Fate's casting announcement (don't get me wrong I'm hyped for that.) And the new Suicide Squad trailer drops tomorrow (also hype.) I can understand it being hard to get everyone to possibly come back for a ZSJL2. But most of the actors said they really loved working with Snyder, so how hard would it be? Affleck might be the toughest one. I'm just a fan, and know very little to nothing about all of that, But if something is in demand... give it a go?

Batman v Superman on 4k dropped and it sold out. I guess I'll wait a minute on that.
I think that casting announcement happened before the hashtag hit 1mil.

As for Leto I'm neutral about him, I don't hate him, nor like him as much as other people. i need to see more to make a decision.

Finally caught up with this since its showing on Sky Premier here and TIVO'd it. Watched it over 2 nights as no-one else in the family was interested, so it went on late and after the first couple of hours it was near 3 am and I was too tired to stick it out in one sitting.

The first half I watched up to the moment they decide to resurrect Superman and Cyborg puts up the hologram of him. Thought that would be a good point to pick up from tonight.

So...First 2 hours and change I did think certain scenes dragged out, some felt unnecessary and did find myself wondering where cuts would have had to come had Snyder been able to finish the theatrical cut. But it was still interesting to see just how different it all felt with his hand guiding it as he intended. Steppenwolf's design is much better, Cyborg's backstory should never have been cut and Flash benefited too from having more screen time for his story.

Into the second half tonight I wasn't wondering about possible edits any more and just rolled with it.

Now, I didn't care much for BVS. In fact I watched that again a couple of nights before as a little prep and skipped half of it. But I did enjoy Snyder's cut for Justice League. There were some things I still disliked, but that's always the case for me with Synder's films, however this was better than BVS for me and way way better than the Whedon finished theatrical mess.

While he would have had to cut it down by an hour or so and remove some content to drop the R rating to make it viable for theatrical release, I would say he can feel vindicated and bravo to the fans who helped make it happen.

Now I understand the fans are pushing for Snyder to be able to continue the story, but since he spoiled his plans I would imagine he'd have to do something different now if he was given that chance.

While I will never be a big fan of Snyder, after watching his cut for Justice League I would be interested.

i want a live action animal man adaption.

but ain't nobody but me and maybe 2 other persons on the earth wanna see that.
Animal Man ftw!

Swamp Thing + Animal Man. I really wish DC hadn't cancelled the ST tv show - could have build upto Animal Man (still hoping HBO Max picks it up!)
I would LOVE a live-action Animal Man. So yeah, there are at least 3 of us!! :funny:

1mill tweets is very impressive, but feel like it doesn't help Zack when it comes to the suits. Hashtags doesn't equal viewings and subs. Now, if all them 1 mill plus had decided to have a viewing type party all logged in at once, now you talkin. You gotta admire their determination tho. Smart and petty move by WB to suddenly announce SKWAD trailer. lawd. they wanna move the convo fast, which it will tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"