Zak Penn scripting Hulk 2! It's Official!

Advanced Dark

Avenger
Reaction score
and a *****load more of Marvel news including Iron Man, Thor, and more!!!

See the front page!

Wow, I wasn't expecting this. A. W. E. S. O. M. E.

Any good directors with ties to Universal for an action flick as Fav's has ties to Paramount?

Here's a bit more info:

The writers and directors Marvel has brought on board are huge comic book fans -- Favreau read comics in high school and doodled, and according to Self, "Captain America was my favorite superhero as a little kid because my dad told me I could one day be Captain America" -- which is the No. 1 prerequisite, Marvel chairman Arad said.

"Unless you buy into the gestalt of what is Marvel and understand the characters and metaphors and treat them as living people, we are not interested," Arad said. "This is material that has withstood the test of history, and the director and writers have to feel a sense responsibility."

Marvel is moving ahead into discussions with talent and visual effects houses as it gears up for full-scale production. The first release is anticipated in 2008.

The movies are expected to be financed with Marvel's $525 million revolving film financing facility and distributed under Marvel's overall distribution arrangement with Paramount. The sequel to "Hulk," however, will be distributed by Universal, which distributed the original.

President and chief operating officer Michael Helfant will oversee the company's growth to accommodate this newly expanded production activity.

The projects will be shepherded and produced by Marvel president of production Kevin Feige and executive vp production Ari Arad.

hmm... i hope he's good, first really news we've got in 3 years :D :up:

Well, that means we will be getting a Hulk sequel that is a short movie, as Penn doesnt like movies over 2 hrs. Bummer.

your s**ting me..really?...

Sava said:
your s**ting me..really?...

No seriously Sava, both the writers of X3 prefer movies under 2 hrs. They both thought X2 was too long. And Simon Kinberg said Batman Begins would have been a better movie with 35 mins shaved off. They both say they have similar minds.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
No seriously Sava, both the writers of X3 prefer movies under 2 hrs. They both thought X2 was too long. And Simon Kinberg said Batman Begins would have been a better movie with 35 mins shaved off. They both say they have similar minds.
well, that just sucks, i dont want a short film, that doesnt exactly mean i want a 3hr one either, some where in the 2hr time should be fine

Well, he has had a lot of negative feedback over the run time of X3, so he might make this a little bit longer, we wont know for a while.

you know, i think he might also direct this one

Sava said:
you know, i think he might also direct this one

You know what Sav? i was thinking the exact same thing, he said in his answers on the xverse that he would like to direct a marvel feature in the future and i have a feeling this will be the one as i cannot see anyone they can get.

^ The movie he's up to direct for is the X-Men spin-off. I doubt he'll be given Hulk 2. It's too big for him as a first film to make and no way Marvel takes that risk with him with their first or second in house studio release.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
You know what Sav? i was thinking the exact same thing, he said in his answers on the xverse that he would like to direct a marvel feature in the future and i have a feeling this will be the one as i cannot see anyone they can get.
me neither, i havent heard them say anything about the next director, i guess we'll have to wait 6 or so months for that to start ;)
Advanced Dark said:
^ The movie he's up to direct for is the X-Men spin-off. I doubt he'll be given Hulk 2. It's too big for him as a first film to make and no way Marvel takes that risk with him with their first or second in house studio release.
your right, but this is too early, i dont think even Marvel is looking for a director, they'll wait to see that Zak will come up with then, go find someone

The more i think about, the more i think i would like Johnathon Mostow to direct this.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
The more i think about, the more i think i would like Johnathon Mostow to direct this.
as a guy who hated... and i mean HATED T3, i dont want this guy anywhere near Hulk 2 ;)

Sava said:
as a guy who hated... and i mean HATED T3, i dont want this guy anywhere near Hulk 2 ;)

I think he was in a lose-lose situation with T3 though, anyone who wasnt Cameron could not have done that film better from that script IMO. And Breakdown and U-571 are both good movies as well.

Advanced Dark said:
^ Surely but it won't take as long as starting from scratch.

No it wont take as long, but i dont want him to rush it as i, and i'm sure all of us, want a great sequel.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
I think he was in a lose-lose situation with T3 though, anyone who wasnt Cameron could not have done that film better from that script IMO. And Breakdown and U-571 are both good movies as well.
i agree there, there was no way anyone could replace the great Cameron. I dont really care who's the director now anyway, they need to get the story right first, then the director issue can be sorted out

Advanced Dark said:
^ Surely but it won't take as long as starting from scratch.
have you read the 1996 script that guy wrote?

I didnt even know he wrote a script in 1996.

Even though i'm dissapointed with a lot of aspects of X3 so far, i think Zak may be able to write us a really good sequel if he gets the right time. And Zak, make this one a little longer than X3 please, thanks and good luck.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
I didnt even know he wrote a script in 1996.

Even though i'm dissapointed with a lot of aspects of X3 so far, i think Zak may be able to write us a really good sequel if he gets the right time. And Zak, make this one a little longer than X3 please, thanks and good luck.
yeah, i want to know if its the one that guy who made the punisher was going to make into a film

The writers and directors Marvel has brought on board are huge comic book fans -- Favreau read comics in high school and doodled, and according to Self, "Captain America was my favorite superhero as a little kid because my dad told me I could one day be Captain America" -- which is the No. 1 prerequisite, Marvel chairman Arad said.

"Unless you buy into the gestalt of what is Marvel and understand the characters and metaphors and treat them as living people, we are not interested," Arad said. "This is material that has withstood the test of history, and the director and writers have to feel a sense responsibility."

So we can officially breathe a sigh of relief that Ang Lee won't be back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"