Jon Favreau/Marvel speculation thread!

BT18 said:
I was already a member of his myspace group just because I'm such a huge Dinner for Five fan. I wonder if he'll get a big influx of we comic type geeks now.

I'm in the dinner for Five one as well...but this...is a new one...

I think his myspace site is gonna be overwhelmed now. He might have to go to a more traditional site and make it bigger and better. Myspace has a lousy layout IMO.

I wouldn't be suprised, this is such big and awesome news. Especially for we comic fans!!

Nobody better IMO come to think about it. He's taking casting advice on his blog now too.

Favreau Talks Iron Man

Jon Favreau, who will direct the upcoming film version of Marvel Comics' Iron Man, told SCI FI Wire that his movie will have a lot of action and wil also look back to an earlier half-man, half-machine. "I want to see a lot of stuff blowing up," Favreau said in an interview at the Saturn Awards in Universal City, Calif., earlier this week. "That's part of it. I've always been a big fan of RoboCop. And using today's technology to create a hero that has that kind of, you know, magnitude could be a lot of fun. There's also a whole geopolitical aspect of it that you you don't really see with other superheroes. And the politics are a little more complicated. So it deals with a lot of issues. I hope that we could, on the one hand, make it an enjoyable movie, [and,] on the other hand, explore certain subject matter that you wouldn't normally see in a comic-book movie."

Favreau will helm Iron Man, Marvel Studios' first independently financed project, which will now be distributed by Paramount. Arthur Marcum and Matt Hollaway (Convoy) will write the screenplay, centering on alcoholic billionaire Tony Stark, who is disabled by an accident and must create a suit of armor to sustain his life. (Favreau will chronicle the process of making the movie in an Iron Man blog on MySpace.com.)

Favreau said he would remain faithful to the comic's mythology while presenting an origin story. "Just my sensibility in adaptations, I really ... I put a lot of weight on ... the stories that have been told," he said. "Now obviously you have certain aspects that lend themselves better to movies, and you're trying to tell a story that's been told over many many issues in the comic books in an hour and a half. So there's going to be some consolidation, and I think that tonally, the comic book has changed a great deal."

Favreau added: "I think part of the fun of the first film is that you have the origin story. And there's been several tellings of it. And the early stuff from the 60s is kind of simplistic. I don't think that I want to play up the campy, corny aspect of comic books. I think I want to get into sort of the deep character work that the books have been so effective in presenting."

Fans will see various incarnations of Iron Man's familiar red-and-yellow armor, he added: "Hopefully, we'll get to see a couple of suits of armor in it. Hopefully there's a progression. That's part of the fun of Iron Man. He had a lot of different looks." No one is cast yet, he said. —Patrick Lee, News Editor

Didn't see this anywhere but if it is here...it's now here too.

Found a little note at http://www.jon-favreau.net where the site owners says this:

04.28.06... It's official!! Jon has finally announced that Iron Man will
be his next project. The Marvel superhero flick should start filming
early next year - I was told January 1st. Read the announcement
from Jon on his blog, HERE. The Yahoo Movie News announcement
is HERE.

January 1st, 2007 is the start date? I guess that is "early" next year.

I'm at least happy to hear they are not rushing the movie to release like the crappy Fantastic Four movies and X-men 3.

Looks like Iron Man will get the time it needs. So hopefully they will have plenty of time to hone the story and polish it up.

They did the same thing with the Spider-man flick.

Janaury 1st, wow that is early, he would need to get the script done within say the next 4 months and start casting by November or December.

Jon said he wants to use techknowlogical villians for this movie. Do you think he will use howard stark like previous reports or do you think he will use someone else.
How about the Iron Mangor he took over iron mans buissness and was about to crush a baby in issue 200. Now that is the kind of villlian iron man needs

StaneVsBaby.jpg

http://the-isb.blogspot.com/2006/03/badass-panels-volume-6-iron-man-200.html

^ Not sure about any of Iron Man villains. I didn't read that comic too much when I was younger but loved the ones I did read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"