Zak Penn scripting Hulk 2! It's Official!

Sava said:
have you read the 1996 script that guy wrote?

No but I'll bet there's a Stax report on it.

I was just watching the Poseidon Trailer today and thinking...imagine Wolfgang Peterson doing Hulk or Ridley Scott.

2-3 years is dead on. 2008 is likely, while by 2009 is virtually assured. They're reworking a treatment in place, have the writer, and have been talking to directors. It will come together faster than you think. You have to remember this is Marvel doing it not Universal. There is no feet draggin anymore. Since Marvel signed the Merril deal late last year look how fast things came together, they hired writers, have directors, etc...Things are falling into place. We may hear more this Thur w/Marvel's earnings but I'd imagine the next quarter will reveal much more as we draw closer to 2007. Enjoy the comic films that are released between now and then and Hulk 2 will be here before you know it.

Advanced Dark said:

I was just watching the Poseidon Trailer today and thinking...imagine Wolfgang Peterson doing Hulk or Ridley Scott.
i dont know about Wolfgang but Ridley would be awesome

JeetKuneDo said:
So we can officially breathe a sigh of relief that Ang Lee won't be back.
technically, he could, seeing as how he's a fan of the character and said he would comeback ;)

Sava said:
i dont know about Wolfgang but Ridley would be awesome

I think Wolfgang is at Universal and Uni is still distributing it. Kind of like how Fav's is at Paramount,etc...

In either case Marvel won't settle for some crap director. I like the choices so far for Ant-Man, Shang Chi, and Iron Man. Nothing but perfect so far!

beavisnbutthead.gif

Advanced Dark said:
I think Wolfgang is at Universal and Uni is still distributing it. Kind of like how Fav's is at Paramount,etc...

In either case Marvel won't settle for some crap director. I like the choices so far for Ant-Man, Shang Chi, and Iron Man. Nothing but perfect so far!

beavisnbutthead.gif
Alex proyas is perfect for either IM or H2 IMO

Well he's not doing Iron Man. I think Alex has a knack for dark films. He'd be great for a Punisher film, Deathlok, Daredevil, and Blade for sure.

yeah... but after I,Robot... i REALLY want him for Hulk 2

^ Do a search and see if he has any ties whatsoever with Universal. Wolfgang does and w/Paramount and his schedule is full till the end of 2008 which means he frees up in 2009. Avi said he has a director in mind for Cap who's not free till 2009. Hmmmm. Spielberg is free in 2008.

Advanced Dark said:
^ Do a search and see if he has any ties whatsoever with Universal. Wolfgang does and w/Paramount and his schedule is full till the end of 2008 which means he frees up in 2009. Avi said he has a director in mind for Cap who's not free till 2009. Hmmmm. Spielberg is free in 2008.
i dont think Marvel can get a guys like Speilberg or Jackson or Cameron. Alex is all over the place, i doubt he would work with Fox anytime soon

Advanced Dark said:

whats a Stax report ?

^ Stax reviews scripts I think at IGN. I was just saying there likely is one out there. He seemed to get his hands on old scripts that were never used. I searched but haven't found it yet.

It appears Hulk 2 & Iron Man will use the existing financing from Merrill. This bit was from Latino Review's coverage of the story:

Arad said the intent is to use the $525 million Merrill Lynch debt facility to finance "Iron Man" and the "Hulk," even though those titles were not among the 10 listed when the deal with Merrill Lynch was struck last spring.

Advanced Dark said:
^ Stax reviews scripts I think at IGN. I was just saying there likely is one out there. He seemed to get his hands on old scripts that were never used. I searched but haven't found it yet.
cant you email the guy and ask him?... you seem to know most of these guys ;)

Advanced Dark said:
It appears Hulk 2 & Iron Man will use the existing financing from Merrill. This bit was from Latino Review's coverage of the story:
good news, i hope Marvel atleast give Hulk 2 around 130mill

And what about Michael France ?
He whas the third writer of the Hulk beside´s James Schamus,John Turman & James Schamus and what if France returns with example James Schamus (Fourth writer of The Hulk) and working with Zak Penn as first writer.

Mabey we can say that the last 2 writers saved the movie or not ? and that there must give France & Schamus a change.

I know a lot of people complane about FT4,but mabey is that because the work of Mark Frost the first writer of FT4,France is the second writer of the movie.

I think that Marvel mabey whant Hulk 2 for 2009 because of replacemend/alturnatief of X-men release date,normaly you expecit X-men 4 in that year but there where remours that X-men 4 don´t going to happen for a couple of years more and keeping Wolverine 2 in 2010 in mind as a kind of X-men 4 alturnatief.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"