DC TV Series ‘Batman: Caped Crusader’: Animated Series From Bruce Timm, J.J. Abrams, Matt Reeves Greenlit

I think Halley Gross (Westworld, The Last of Us Part II) is on the writing staff. She posted a notebook(?) with the logo on it in her instagram stories. And week or two ago she posted Day 1 #BTAS. I could be wrong but...

I think Halley Gross (Westworld, The Last of Us Part II) is on the writing staff. She posted a notebook(?) with the logo on it in her instagram stories. And week or two ago she posted Day 1 #BTAS. I could be wrong but...

She also has the show listed in her twitter bio, so yeah, seems like a fair bet.

At this point, I'm expecting Conroy to return.

- Heavy B:TAS nostalgia/promotion in the DC Fandome tease.
- Framing it as a ''re-imagining'' of B:TAS.
- Using the B:TAS font to promote the show.
- Inspired by Batman: Strange Days, featuring Conroy as Batman.

Yeah, I'm expecting a Conroy return. He's been liking a few tweets asking if he is in it recently. Fingers crossed he will as I'd like him to do it.

I hope she doesn't have a lot of creative influence. TLOU 2 was so horrible

At this point, I'm expecting Conroy to return.
- Heavy B:TAS nostalgia/promotion in the DC Fandome tease.
- Framing it as a ''re-imagining'' of B:TAS.
- Using the B:TAS font to promote the show.
- Inspired by Batman: Strange Days, featuring Conroy as Batman.

Yeah, I'm expecting a Conroy return. He's been liking a few tweets asking if he is in it recently. Fingers crossed he will as I'd like him to do it.
But taking into consideration all those factors, doesn’t it seem odd that his casting is something they wouldn’t have just announced up front? If not for the initial announcement then certainly for their FanDome video?

Idk, i’m probably just letting my desire not to see him in the role again color my outlook here.

But taking into consideration all those factors, doesn’t it seem odd that his casting is something they wouldn’t have just announced up front? If not for the initial announcement then certainly for their FanDome video?

Idk, i’m probably just letting my desire not to see him in the role again color my outlook here.

I get that desire. Usually I'm all about new blood but for some reason I want him for this one.

It is very weird that they have not announced any voice cast for this when My Adventures with Superman and X-MEN '97 dropped that info straight away.

I just think things are leaning towards Conroy at the minute, but of course that all could change. They are pushing BTAS too much, I think he'll be the one constant while everything around him changes (characterization, co-stars, etc). Don't forget that leak from earlier this year that Conroy and Timm were working on a new Batman cartoon together. Everything else was correct, let's see if the Conroy bit was right as well.

I didn't know haley gross (who worked on the last of us 2 among others was on this tbh)(
Hope this and the superman show have high budgets

‘Batman: The Animated Series’ Audio Drama in the Works – The Hollywood Reporter

If Conroy’s involved, I wonder if this is what he’s been hinting at, rather than Caped Crusader.

Yeah... I can't imagine WB giving him both this and Caped Crusader.

To be fair, he was only liking tweets from people asking if he would be in Caped Crusader, which only shows his interest, not his involvement. Plus with MutiVersus and the rumoured Crisis on Infinite Earths animated trilogy, fans will still get lots of Conroy in the future. Nothing wrong with new blood for this series.

------

EDIT: When asked in this video by Susan Eisenberg (Wonder Woman) if this recent photo was for the B:TAS audio drama...

...Conroy went all coy and tight-lipped, claiming he can't say. ''I'm not allowed to say''. So it's not for MultiVersus or the audio drama. He isn't usually so secretive, so who knows.

Last edited:
Alright, it’s the new year. Give us some news, dammit.

it it likely this and the superman show are coming this year? we never got any confirmation right?

I was just about to ask if this is coming out this year. I hope so.

Remember when WB used to announce these shows roughly 6 months before their official debut?

Justice League Unlimited (Announced February 2004 - Premiered July 2004)
The Batman (Announced March 2004 - Premiered September 2004)
Legion of Superheroes (Announced April 2006 - Premiered September 2006)
Batman: The Brave and the Bold (Announced April 2008 - Premiered November 2008)

WB should keep it under their hat until they get closer to release date again. Now we seem to be waiting a year and a half to two years between announcement and premieres.

Unfortunately not…

I’m glad that confirms they’ll both be coming to Cartoon Network because that’s where I’ll watch them.

Remember when WB used to announce these shows roughly 6 months before their official debut?

Justice League Unlimited (Announced February 2004 - Premiered July 2004)
The Batman (Announced March 2004 - Premiered September 2004)
Legion of Superheroes (Announced April 2006 - Premiered September 2006)
Batman: The Brave and the Bold (Announced April 2008 - Premiered November 2008)

WB should keep it under their hat until they get closer to release date again. Now we seem to be waiting a year and a half to two years between announcement and premieres.
To be fair, I don’t think it’s so much a WB thing as it is a streaming thing. What If? got announced more than two years before it premiered and that same timeline will probably hold true for the new Spidey cartoon, X-Men ‘97, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"