10.16- Scion- Episode Discussion(Spoilers)

This episode marks the first time another Kryptonian other than Clark is affected by Red K. I hope Conner returns for more episodes. :super:

Hmm...I wonder what Kara would be like under Red-K...

:woot:

ya there was far to much drama with lana even from day one.

I always felt bad for Clark in the Red K episodes. The aftermath was always the same, people told him to **** off. :csad:

Hmm...I wonder what Kara would be like under Red-K...

:woot:
Hmm...
Owing how it worked on Clark and Connor, something like this...
"Lois, I am so jealous of Clark for being with you. I love you. Let me show you."
"Okay, does everyone from Krypton want to get in my pants?!!?"

:awesome:
That's probably what would happen.

And to quote Ares on Xena, "I would pay to see that."

As for you, JoesphCAW, I knew I wasn't wrong. I was watching a video review of Countdown when the reviewer talked about it right after it happened. "Classy."

Also, does this look like a guy who would scream at you, "I'll kill you to death!" :) He doesn't look insane here at all.
Superman-Prime.jpg

Last edited:
I have to say, this episode was pretty damn good.:hrt:

I was worried how they were going to pull off Conner, but they did it really well. Even with giving him the name.

Probably some of my favorite parts were; Clark teaching Conner about his Heat Vision. It brought back the charm and comedy of the early seasons.

I always felt bad for Clark in the Red K episodes. The aftermath was always the same, people told him to **** off. :csad:
Well, not entirely. I mean, Lana did forgive him in season 3 when he came back from Metropolis, but he pushed her away. For some reason I've always loved that scene at the end of Phoenix, where he tells her he's not going to try to be the right guy anymore and she says he never had to try.

I always did want a kara on red k episode in season 7. Its to bad they didn't do that.

I know I'm a little late to the party, but from what clips I saw of this episode and from what everybody else has been saying about it, it makes me wish that I had watched it when it aired. Which is funny, considering I haven't really watched Smallville since Season 6 ended save for a few episodes here and there.

Also, I seem to recall reading a comment way back saying that they wanted the clip with Darkseid at the end. Well, here ya go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9ZaOMmgOoI
[YT]_9ZaOMmgOoI[/YT]

Also, it seems that the quality of the CG went up about more than a few notches, with the heat vision and Darkseid at the end (especially with Darkseid. I don't think I've ever seen CG that good on this show).

I might as well watch the last few remaining episodes, considering that the series is ending soon. Looking forward to seeing what happens. :yay:

Hmm...
Owing how it worked on Clark and Connor, something like this...
"Lois, I am so jealous of Clark for being with you. I love you. Let me show you."
"Okay, does everyone from Krypton want to get in my pants?!!?"

:awesome:
That's probably what would happen.

And to quote Ares on Xena, "I would pay to see that."

As for you, JoesphCAW, I knew I wasn't wrong. I was watching a video review of Countdown when the reviewer talked about it right after it happened. "Classy."

Also, does this look like a guy who would scream at you, "I'll kill you to death!" :) He doesn't look insane here at all.
Superman-Prime.jpg

.......actually yes......yes he does look a bit insane there :woot::woot::woot:

.........."CONNER"!!!! lol

I liked the idea of an apartment in Metropolis better. :oldrazz:

Maybe Tess gave them a gift that they just couldn't show on TV.
A threesome...:fhm: :hrt: :awesome:

Like on Off-screenville, where it's so much more exciting.
And everyone here would pay money to see that. :)

.........."CONNER"!!!! lol
I'll get it right someday. I'm getting better.

I really would have liked a Red K Kara one too.

We know we don't really want a Zod on Red K episode. He'd just act like it was Pink Kryptonite and go after Clark. :woot:
"I love you, Clark!" "Zod, are you feeling okay?"

I guess it's just lonely being Zod...

As I've said, I liked this episode.

Last edited:
I've never watched Young Justice, but all the discussion on this thread about the differences between the Smallville Clark/Conner dynamic and the Young Justice representation got me interested in the cartoon. For some reason I thought, "I wonder if it's on Sunday nights?" Surprisingly it is, so I set the DVR.

Oh, as far as the actual episode goes, I enjoyed it a lot. Far fewer cringe-worthy moments than in previous weeks. I thought Lucas did a good job making the switch between Good Conner and Red K Conner, and as so may others have already pointed out, John Glover is always a good things. Nice to see Tess seemingly get the upper hand on Lionel in the end.

It sucks to have another gap before the new episodes, but it'll be exciting to know that we're entering the home stretch. Pretty pumped to see the Lionel-Darkseid-Lex payoff.

I wonder what they'll eventually do with Connor. Obviously he would help Clark battle Darkseid if it came down to it but I don't see that happening. I'm guessing he'll get shipped off to the Alt. Universe with Lionel.

I thought it was cool that Conner was wearing the Earth One Clark jacket.

The writers of this episode have tweeted that they have joined the Vampire Diaries. :super:

I wonder what they'll eventually do with Connor. Obviously he would help Clark battle Darkseid if it came down to it but I don't see that happening.

I wouldn't want to see that either. Or really Kara helping him for that matter. I would want him to fully shine as the MOS with no other Kryptonians/half-Kryptonians involved.

I'm guessing he'll get shipped off to the Alt. Universe with Lionel.
If they just HAD to do a spinoff that invovled Connor then I could maybe get behind this idea. Have him in the Alt. Universe growing up in the other Smallville, etc. and learning to be a hero and take down Lionel Luthor.

That could be interesting....especially if they got various heroes/characters from the original Smallville as guest stars in their alt forms.

Checking out other forums & such there is definitely a lot of positive reactions to how they did Conner. I wonder if The CW is paying attention ?

Maybe Tess gave them a gift that they just couldn't show on TV.
A threesome...:fhm: :hrt: :awesome:

Like on Off-screenville, where it's so much more exciting.
And everyone here would pay money to see that. :)

I'll get it right someday. I'm getting better.

I really would have liked a Red K Kara one too.

We know we don't really want a Zod on Red K episode. He'd just act like it was Pink Kryptonite and go after Clark. :woot:
"I love you, Clark!" "Zod, are you feeling okay?"

I guess it's just lonely being Zod...

As I've said, I liked this episode.

lol I know man, just bugging you :oldrazz:

And Zod is to weird......I mean he did kill the woman with his own child, him on Pink K would just mean he'd wear very flamboyant stuff lol

@Tron5000: Young Justice is a good show, but the relationship between Superman and Superboy is horrible, its by far the worst versions of the 2.

On Smallville its a bit rushed (for obvious reasons) but that would be how Clark would react to Conner, he did the same thing in the comics, tho in the comics they have the time to expand on that, but Clark at least talked to Conner instead of running away like a little ***** like he does on Young Justice, they said on the last episode that its been 2 months into the story.......and Superman has yet to have a talk with Superboy, in the comics he did it in the second issue he came back from the dead (which was around 2 months real time, a week maybe in the comics).

Then again I've never been happy with how Superman is portrayed in the animated "TV shows" lol

technically conner was "gift" but on other hand, the episode description was probably off a bit. As they tend to be here and there. And ya buzz for episode been pretty good from boards i been too. But the idea of any "spin off" isnt very likely these days. With cast/crew starting to move on to other projects, and nothing in the books presently to continue smallville's DCU more.

Last edited:
@Tron5000: Young Justice is a good show, but the relationship between Superman and Superboy is horrible, its by far the worst versions of the 2.

Actually I disagree there I think it makes for an interesting dynamic and why do it the same way its been done already. Plus remember that Young Justice is set on a different earth (so yes its elseworlds).

Actually I disagree there I think it makes for an interesting dynamic and why do it the same way its been done already. Plus remember that Young Justice is set on a different earth (so yes its elseworlds).

Why not? Cause it makes Superman look like a tool.......which they seem to love doing nowadays (they being DC), by the next episode Superman should atleast talk to Superboy, help him with some of his powers, no one is saying to accept him as part of the family (yet) but he is basically Superman as a kid and who better knows how to get a hold of those powers? Batman? He wishes lol

And no not a "elseworld", its Earth-16 with is part of the multiverse, elseword stories are one shots only/what if type, they are like a alternate reality of a Earth that already exists.............it gets confusing lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"