10.16- Scion- Episode Discussion(Spoilers)

It makes sense for Clark and Tess to look after Conner since he has Clark's DNA and is technically Tess' brother than Clark and Lois, who'd have no connection to him. Conner's needs were more important than Lois' feelings as the scenes between Clark and Lois pointed out. :super:

Why not? Cause it makes Superman look like a tool.......which they seem to love doing nowadays (they being DC), by the next episode Superman should atleast talk to Superboy, help him with some of his powers, no one is saying to accept him as part of the family (yet) but he is basically Superman as a kid and who better knows how to get a hold of those powers? Batman? He wishes lol

And no not a "elseworld", its Earth-16 with is part of the multiverse, elseword stories are one shots only/what if type, they are like a alternate reality of a Earth that already exists.............it gets confusing lol

I agree, trying to rationalize Young Justice portrayal of superman is hard,its almost like the producers of that show have never read a superman comic. Does YJ superman remember how two farmers, found him as a baby in a bloody spaceship, and instead of turning him away or to the government, they took him in and raised him as thier own. How can that version of superman ever look his parents the face and not feel like a **** bag.

well that show is set on an alternate earth/dimension. So of course you can use the excuse that each character has different histories/backstories/personality traits. I am sure down the road that superman and superboy will have a better bond with each other.

I agree, trying to rationalize Young Justice portrayal of superman is hard,its almost like the producers of that show have never read a superman comic. Does YJ superman remember how two farmers, found him as a baby in a bloody spaceship, and instead of turning him away or to the government, they took him in and raised him as thier own. How can that version of superman ever look his parents the face and not feel like a **** bag.

exactly lol it literally changes who and what Superman is.....cause he is who he is due to something similar.....not exactly the same (stolen DNA to make a clone vs. Alien Baby found in a field) but close enough, whatever his up bringing are on Earth-16 he should be ashamed of himself, cause he's treating Superboy the exact way he did not want to be treated lol

And yea Web I agree, at some point Superman & Superboy will talk and what not, but I wouldn't hold it against Superboy if he's the one who wants nothing to do with Superman at that point.

Visual Comparitive Kara and Conner vs. kryptonite with a blast of heat Vision
tumblr_lhmip6HzR01qcvfsco1_500.gif

Wouldn't blasting kryptonite in front of Clark be kind of deadly? The shards could stab/scrape Clark and he could easily inhale the kryptonite mist from the blast.

Ya can happen but if we get so anal about little details like that we all go crazy.

Kara's heat vision is red while Conner's is yellow. But there are echoes of past season episodes like Phoenix and Fierce. :super:

Wouldn't blasting kryptonite in front of Clark be kind of deadly? The shards could stab/scrape Clark and he could easily inhale the kryptonite mist from the blast.
I thought heating Kryptonite turns it to Black K. Isn't that what happened in Onyx?

Yes. But in Fierce Kara saved Clark the same way Conner did.

I thought heating Kryptonite turns it to Black K. Isn't that what happened in Onyx?

It's in the controlled amount and temp of the heat.

Too much heat, and you can overload the Kryptonite, thus blowing it up. Just enough heat, as they explained in Onyx, and it changed the molecular structure of the rock, thus Black K.

nice, Love Kara but she's just standing there, Conner atleast looks like he's actually using his heat vision :oldrazz:

IDK, Kara actually looks like she's confident and knows what she's doing. Conner had to really concentrate because he never quite got it right before.

IDK, Kara actually looks like she's confident and knows what she's doing. Conner had to really concentrate because he never quite got it right before.

well Kara is actually the exact same way in that very episode lol, she was practicing with watermelons and blew one up and sprayed Clark (sorta like how Conner missed the candle.....and hit Clark lol)

well Kara is actually the exact same way in that very episode lol, she was practicing with watermelons and blew one up and sprayed Clark (sorta like how Conner missed the candle.....and hit Clark lol)

Oh,well, forget my argument then. lol It's been many moons since I've seen that episode.:doh:

lol its funny how similar both those episodes are.....I mean its more then 1 thing, the training the Kryptonite, the hot flashes lol

My question is......why is Conner's heat vision yellow...and Kara's is red? The red looks much better :)

Oh,well, forget my argument then. lol It's been many moons since I've seen that episode.:doh:
Well its not like it was one of the more memorable episodes. :oldrazz:

What I didn't understand was why Jimmy was what triggered Kara's heat vision. I mean, seriously?

I think that Conner's is yellow because he's only half Kryptonian and not able to create a hot enough beam for it to be red. I mean Kara's AND Clark's are both red.

I really don't know what the writers were thinking for a majority of those middle seasons.

Believe me I hated seasons 5-7.

I can also Conner's heat vision being yellow because he's not full Kryptonian like Clark and Kara are. :super:

Meh, each season had their fair share of bad stuff, but they also had downright awesome stuff. If not for the middle seasons, I wouldn't have the always awesome Brainiac make recurring visits. I love Marsters in the role, and season five introduced him.

I didn't say it was all bad but the writers clearly didn't have a concise sense of where they wanted to go w/ the story. There were plenty of instances where they seemed to completely forget what was previously established.

I didn't say it was all bad but the writers clearly didn't have a concise sense of where they wanted to go w/ the story. There were plenty of instances where they seemed to completely forget what was previously established.
For the most part, it was like "How do we keep this show running? Easy. Place something to stop Clark from moving forward!"

That's why it's easier to enjoy season 8-10, because those were the years where Clark stopped messing around and starting to move towards his destiny. He finally left the farm, got a job at the DP, created a superhero persona, and is now pulling off the dual identity role while asserting himself as the leader of the Justice League. He's basically become Superman in the past couple of years.

For the most part, it was like "How do we keep this show running? Easy. Place something to stop Clark from moving forward!"

That's why it's easier to enjoy season 8-10, because those were the years where Clark stopped messing around and starting to move towards his destiny. He finally left the farm, got a job at the DP, created a superhero persona, and is now pulling off the dual identity role while asserting himself as the leader of the Justice League. He's basically become Superman in the past couple of years.

Yes sir, I remember when they introduced Raya and after her death Clark was like "I'm going to start my Training and be the hero Earth needs". and then nothing. I'm glad we're where we are now. lol

Yes sir, I remember when they introduced Raya and after her death Clark was like "I'm going to start my Training and be the hero Earth needs". and then nothing. I'm glad we're where we are now. lol
Haha, I remember that. He was like he was going to start his training, but first he had to catch all the Phantoms. Then when he did that, he was going to leave, but Jor-EL told him to stay to watch Kara. :dry:

I'm guessing Al/Miles wanted to do the "He trains alone in isolation for years" kind of training, so they wanted to postpone that for as long as they could. But Brian/Kelly, in my opinion, did it well by having him train while simultaneously patrolling Metropolis as the Blur, despite the fact that he stopped when Lois came back. It was evident that with some of that training, he understood more of what it meant to be a hero.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"