10.21-22 - Finale - Discussion (Spoilers) [SERIES FINALE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd definitely buy that too. Along with the complete series on blu-ray whenever that comes out.

I really hope the Season 10 blu-ray and dvd set is fully loaded with special features : multiple commentaries, behind-the-scenes docs, Retrospective look back at the journey of Clark Kent over the past 10 years , Gag reels and a badass poster of Clark as Superman that is totally BRAND NEW AND NOT SOME CHEAP ASS PHOTO SHOP GARBAGE THAT THEY BORROWED FROM Superman returns .

I personally hope they do a Smallville complete collection BluRay set...it's the only thing that would probably get me to upgrade all my season dvds to bluray.

I personally hope they do a Smallville complete collection BluRay set...it's the only thing that would probably get me to upgrade all my season dvds to bluray.

Same here. I don't see why they wouldn't do that. I'm sure plenty of people would buy that!

I have a feeling the recap will consist of everything from season 10 but I would love to see the entire series recapped. It would definitely take more than a minute though.
Yeah, I doubt that they would recap the entire series. Geez, that would take AT LEAST 5 minutes, if not more.

I'm hoping the the "Finale" will be one of those shows that has "Limited Commercial Interruptions" types of shows. I could totally see them going this route, which I sure hope they do.

That is the only reason that I have been holding out on buying any of the seasons. There is no doubt in my mind that they will release the entire series on Blu Ray. Since the show ends in May, would there be enough time for a Holiday release for the entire series, or would it take longer than that to put something like that together?

Do you think that when the final show is coming on, they will do a "Previously on Smallville" and then proceed to show a brief recap of everything since the Pilot and then conclude the recap with "...And now the Finale of Smallville"? What do you guys think they will do at that moment of the beginning of the show?
I like that idea... I'd love to see them do some sort of series-long recap. Quite an undertaking, but the result would be so worth it.
You know what would be awesome? It won't happen, but it'd be awesome.

After it airs on May 13, they should release a stand alone extended version (i.e., longer than the 90 minutes we'll be getting on live TV) of "Finale" on blu-ray and DVD with all the bells and whistles: multiple commentaries, behind-the-scenes docs, a "super-trailer" featuring highlights of Clark's journey from the first 10 years, etc.

I'd buy it.
That'd be awesome. I'd buy that instantly.

Not calling it 'Superman' only makes me think that we won't be seeing Tom in costume even more.

I like the name Finale. Gives it that definate 'this is the end' feeling.

I would love to see a HQ, official or even redone by a fan, version of the Smallville Seasons One-Ten trailer from SDCC 2010 on the DVD (though I have never bought any of the DVDs at all of this show).

It's also possible that Finale could be a working title and I'm holding hope for a two-worded title with Superman in it. :super:

Yep, what an "epic" title, we had "Zod", "Bizarro", "Doomsday", even "Supergirl", but not Superman?
They should go for a two-worded title a la "Absolute Justice" and include Superman in it like some fans have said.

Superman Begins or Superman Rises.

The advantage the series finale has over Absolute Justice is that Clark should go all out in this one and that includes flying throughout the whole thing. I expect every set to be destroyed when Clark and the Justice League fight Darkseid and the evil forces. :super:

ZOMG!!!!1111!!!!

They didnt call teh finalz epsiode "CAHSTEWM" therfor Clarkz willz not be wearzing teh cahstewm!!!!111!!!11!!

:rolleyes:

Clark will wear the suit, whether TW wears it or not. :super:

ZOMG!!!!1111!!!!

They didnt call teh finalz epsiode "CAHSTEWM" therfor Clarkz willz not be wearzing teh cahstewm!!!!111!!!11!!

:rolleyes:

Finally someone puts into words how I've been feeling ... down to the l33t speak.

It's like you're in my mind..."can you read my mind?"

I won't be surprised if they combine the real suit with CGI. The suit at the FOS is the one from SR (made for Routh), will they spend the money to make one for Welling if he's going to wear it for just a few seconds/couple of minutes?

I'm kind of disapointed that they're not giving the last episode a cooler name, but considering the first episode of the series was named Pilot this only seems right. Hopefully when they give the movie a name like they did last season with Absolute Justice they name this movie something like Superman or Fate or something.

Having the Final episode called "Finale" isn't really creative, nor is meaningful since no one who just watches the show knows the title of ANY episode to begin with.

I won't be surprised if they combine the real suit with CGI. The suit at the FOS is the one from SR (made for Routh), will they spend the money to make one for Welling if he's going to wear it for just a few seconds/couple of minutes?

If they can make costumes for other DCU characters, I don't see why the same can't happen for Superman. I've said this before - did the producers expect TW to wear the SR suit that's tailor made for Brandon Routh? :super:

No, I doubt he will wear the suit that's tailored made.

If anything, he'll wear a modified suit that's designed more for his body.
The suit on display could change by the time he wears it.

That said, I do look forward to the finale episode.

All good things come to an end.
I remember watching Star Trek: The Next Generation's final episode.

Well as for writers probably will be souders/peterson. Don't see why it wouldn't be them. Unless they do a joint think with some other writers. As for directors, def ant it to be by beeman(half or all), if not him james marshall, or glen winter, or heck maybe bring in another old school director like david nutter, or steven deknight. That would be neat.

As for title, ya curious to see if finale sticks or not. Could very well change. It has happened. Can't wait to see what happens in the episode. Hope they will go out big. And since we know premires/finales get more money. I hope they get an extra bonus money to work with(from wbtv that is).

Can't wait to see what they do with darkseid. What his look will be. Howbthey will do it. Also hopefully we get a decent fight out of the two like clark vs titan and salvation clark zod fight. Can't wait.

As for costume. I do really hope we will see it. I know for full finale isn't likely. But a good 2 or 3 scenes will be good. Def want clark to take out darkseid in suit. And I really don't see them just teaseing on it in finale. That's been there done that. It needs to be more. And really tom knows the fans wouldn't be happy with another tease. Plus really when you think of it. Probably would only be a few days of shooting and then tom never has to wear suit again. Minus maybe any press stuff.

Also to the fans thinking they have resctrictions/
. I don't think it is. Come on when cavill was announced they where just started to work on kent, and by time film goes into production. The show will have wrapped and aired already. So it would be pointless for any thing to be done there. There will be no overlapping and once film is released the show will have been off the air for a yr. So no issues there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back