10.21-22 - Finale - Discussion (Spoilers) [SERIES FINALE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
no offense but that does sound dumb, I mean the suit is not suppose to have any type of tech related to it (aside from a compartment in his belt buckle and a sleeve in his cape to store his glasses)........what would really be the point? He's Superman, not Batman, he doesn't have KryptonianArangs (ha Batarangs.....no.....meh I tried to be funny lol)

But to be honest, I wouldn't hold it past the guys and gals who run Smallville to actually do something like that lol
Like I said, it is just a theory. No logic behind it....I was just putting it out there.

MAYBE the suit that Martha made will be altered by Jor-El. My thought is that Jor-El took it to apply Kryptonian technology to it? The last time we saw the suit, it was encased in a crystal chamber, and maybe that's how it gets modified? It's a theory that's most likely not right, but who knows.

It sounds like something Smallville would do actually.

Hey no different then the other stuff the fos has done lol. What can't the fos do is the question. It can send someone to another time, open/close portals to the pz, give and take powers to folks, freeze someone, block out the sun, and can reform after being destroyed.

Last edited:
More on Kristin kreuk about Smallville:
http://www.tvline.com/2011/03/kristin-kreuk-smallville-status-lana-series-finale/
Kristin Kreuk Clears the Air On Her Smallville Status: 'Lana's Story Is Done'

Matt Webb Mitovich
Smallville alumna Kristin Kreuk apparently was met with a meteor storm of criticism in the wake of sharing her take on the CW show’s upcoming series finale, and as such has set the record straight on where she stands.

Speaking with Hollywoodlife.com at the Genie Awards last week, Kreuk said, “I probably won’t watch” the Smallville finale when it airs on May 13. “Maybe later on — like, on DVD or something.”

The actress’ honesty about not committing her Friday night to saying so long to the series she called home for seven years must have elicited some slings and arrows from the avid fandom. To fend off the online attacks — after all, she notes, “There are many people who are just waiting for me to say something that they can hate me for” — she posted some clarifications to her Facebook page.

“There is no personal reason why I am not watching Smallville weekly. Honestly, I never really did,” she shares. “I know people want to make it a drama … but there is really no drama.”

Kreuk’s love for Smallville must have also been called into question as it regards her MIA status from said series finale. About that, she says, “I do not believe there was ever a real offer for me to come back — though I am pretty sure that if I showed interest in returning, [show runners] Kelly [Souders] and Brian [Peterson] would find a way to fit me in.”

Kreuk, though, steadfastly believes that Lana should not be shoehorned into a place she does not belong. And has said so in numerous interviews since leaving the series. (As she told me in early 2010, “The show has changed so much, it would be weird for [Lana] to come back. She was from a different Smallville time.”)

“I may be in the minority, but I thought Lana’s story ended well,” she says of her seven-year run, which was followed by a brief 2009 encore. “I liked that she gained inner strength and … had the courage to walk away from Clark, that her commitment to a greater good outweighed her very human desire to be with Clark. That she saw that her love for Clark would never diminish, even if they could not be in the same vicinity. And that if she did not do … the best she could for humanity, that would counter some of the very reasons she loved Clark in the first place.”

“I think her story is done,” she reiterated. “I am not sure how her coming back changes Clark’s story any longer. He has moved forward. As he was always supposed to do. As Lana would have wanted him to do.”

“I may be missing something,” Kreuk said in conclusion, “but those are my long-ass thoughts.”

Do you agree with Kreuk, that Lana returning for the Smallville finale would be incongruous at best? And were you surprised to see her red carpet comments draw such fire?

meh so what, I always thought she was a ***** anyway, this does nothing but make me think that still and I'm 100% certain that goes for a hell of alot of Smallville fans

ya i never cared for lana either after season 2. But it was something to post about.

I never really liked how disconnected KK was during the commentaries in season 2. It sounded like she wasn't even paying attention or wanted to be involved, which makes me wonder if she had problems BTS and wanted out like MR did.

well she was during seasons 1-3 i believe also still shooting that canada show blanking on its name. So she probably was stressed then doing two shows at once.

ya i believe that was the name of the show, i know she was still working on it while doing smallville for at least seasons 1 and 2. Not overall sure though.

It looks like both John Schneider and KK were saying the same thing in that the story is better served without Lana being there. There's really no point in her returning again as she served her purpose. Clark and Lana's relationship has been played out.

As for the wrap party, I was right that the 1st part of the series finale is the final episode to shoot. I hope someone sends pics from the party because it may be a very grand one to have the cast and crew together one last time. It's going to be an end of an era and the beginning of a new one.

umm vant we have known episode 21 would be the last, since the report of the last few episodes being shot out of order and all lol. and ya lana has no need now, and since the show wraps at the end of the week we already know kristin isnt there. Also ya i hope they take some good pics/videos of the wrap party, definately would be a nice thing to include in the season 10 set.

umm vant we have known episode 21 would be the last, since the report of the last few episodes being shot out of order and all lol. and ya lana has no need now, and since the show wraps at the end of the week we already know kristin isnt there. Also ya i hope they take some good pics/videos of the wrap party, definately would be a nice thing to include in the season 10 set.

Not everybody. Some people thought that Dominion would be the last episode to shoot. I hope Septien and Meyer can make the first part of the finale match up to Salvation. :super:

@therealtrue**** Flying out to do the final episode of "Smallville" tomorrow. Hard to believe it's been ten years! You are going to LOVE the final episode!
From Schneider's twitter

John Scneider wouldn't lie to us would he? :wow:

I'm glad to know Kara's storyline will be wrapped up before the finale the finale should be all about Clark becoming Superman I dont want anyone stealing the spotlight from him

I can't believe there was criticism for Kristin's remarks regarding the show. All she said was she wasn't going to watch the finale Friday night. She probably had stuff to do.

Agreed. That was just another case of fans showing how much "class" they have. I agree with her about Lana's story - no point in continue beating up a dead horse. Leave it as it is.

I agree that Lana's story is done and that her relationship with Clark is also done. No point in trying to relive the past.

I smell a Kent family reunion. I hope Conner is included. :super:

I hope we see Lex announce to the public that he is back & if somehow Jonathan comes back that would definitely have to get the public talking with all of these resurrections regardless of what ******** lie they tell

i am sure all the writers planned things out right for the last few episodes so everything runs smoothly into each other, even being shot out of order and all that. Nice to hear john s excited to shoot what ever he is going to do for the finale. I doubt pa kent is going to be revived/alt coming to rw. It will probably just be the spirit pa kent we have seen since his death. There is no need to revive him/alt to come to rw. Also ya for kristin i didnt see much of an issue about her saying she wasnt going to see finale when it airs, heck i know of tons of actors who while enjoyed working on shows/movies dont actually watch their own work. So i didnt see why some folks fliped on that comment.

I think I've said this before, but, I think the ending could be just a bad ass shirt rip. No Welling in the suit. I think the shirt rip might be as close as we get to seeing him in the suit.

This is all I've ever personally wanted.

Essentially I want the show to end with a Superman: The Movie style shirt rip into the camera.

I don't particularly care if we see a full body shot of Clark in the Superman outfit.. even moreso if it's that crap Superman Returns outfit..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"