2007 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
C'mon Giants. Let's make it to the 2nd round of the Playoffs this time eh? :csad:

Without Tiki, your best bet is to hope they even make the playoffs. :o

The vikings won't take a DE with the 7th pick, it'll be a wide reciever, hopefully Ted Ginn jr.
also branch and landry won't go that high...and Amobi Okoye will go higher then that

There is not a WR out there worth a 7th round pick.

As far as Branch and Landry go - while they may not be the players at the time, they fill the greatest need for the team.

I am not very high on Okoye.

my prediction - Garcia in a Bears jersey
Grossman in a McDonald's drive-thru

Good job mate - you just proved you have no credible knowledge of the game :up: :heart:

Garcia is a West Coast Offense QB. He is also 37.

Grossman is a good, though currently not consistent, young QB perfect for the Bears offense.

I have checked several early mock drafts, and the name that comes up the most often is Justin Blalock OT/OG UT, but several recievers are mentioned @ 22. I have seen 2 mock drafts that have Ted Ginn Jr. WR OSU avalable @ 22.(One can hope.)

I have Griffin ranked as a higher prospect than Blalock. I think the cowboys also have a great need for a safety.

Grossman takes alot of crap. At least give him one more season, this was his first full year, remember? And he did have some great games. If he's still doing a 4 td game then two 4 int games and so on next year, then look for another option.

Never! :cmad:

Dolphin_Daunte_Culpepper_02.jpg

Daunte 4 lyfe, yo. :o

Joey Harrington :up:

Grossman takes alot of crap. At least give him one more season, this was his first full year, remember? And he did have some great games. If he's still doing a 4 td game then two 4 int games and so on next year, then look for another option.

The funny thing is- he played better than Big Ben did in the Super Bowl, with less game experience.

The difference is that the Steelers Defense didn't give up and played a weaker opponent - thus bailing out Roethlisberger.

Grossman didn't have that help.

There is not a WR out there worth a 7th round pick.

As far as Branch and Landry go - while they may not be the players at the time, they fill the greatest need for the team.

I am not very high on Okoye.
from KFFL:

Vikings | Looking to acquire Cardinals' Fitzgerald?
Thu, 8 Feb 2007 09:08:58 -0800

Citing the St. Paul Pioneer Press, SI.com reports there is speculation the Minnesota Vikings might attempt to trade their No. 7 overall draft choice this year plus additional compensation to acquire Arizona Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald this offseason.

i think the cap hit would be massive for the cards, but this is an interesting rumor nonetheless......

exactly you should know how a qb developes within his third yr (breakout yr)

The steelers won't draft an OT. They need to add to their recieving squad. Right now Ward is the only consistent one out there.

from KFFL:

Vikings | Looking to acquire Cardinals' Fitzgerald?
Thu, 8 Feb 2007 09:08:58 -0800

Citing the St. Paul Pioneer Press, SI.com reports there is speculation the Minnesota Vikings might attempt to trade their No. 7 overall draft choice this year plus additional compensation to acquire Arizona Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald this offseason.

i think the cap hit would be massive for the cards, but this is an interesting rumor nonetheless......

Arizona wont trade Larry Fitz. There isn't a player in this draft as good as Larry Fitzgerald right now. Plus Fitzgerald is the face of the franchise right now - you don't trade away that. Add that to the major cap hit and it would simply be an idiotic deal for Arizona.

The steelers won't draft an OT. They need to add to their recieving squad. Right now Ward is the only consistent one out there.

I think there is higher value taking an OT in their position.

This WR core does not have the incredible talent some past ones have had, a WR open in the second round will not be that great a drop off from one in the first - the same can not be said for OL in this draft.

I have the Steelers (right now) taking Anthony Gonzales WR OSU second round.

Grossman is a good, though currently not consistent, young QB perfect for the Bears offense.
did you watch the Superbowl? or were you hidden under a rock?
a GOOD QB would not throw 2 interceptions in the second half when you are only down 5 points

Arizona wont trade Larry Fitz. There isn't a player in this draft as good as Larry Fitzgerald right now. Plus Fitzgerald is the face of the franchise right now - you don't trade away that. Add that to the major cap hit and it would simply be an idiotic deal for Arizona.
Calvin Johnson , and im fairly certain that the face of the franchise is Matt Lienart.

did you watch the Superbowl? or were you hidden under a rock?
a GOOD QB would not throw 2 interceptions in the second half when you are only down 5 points

Yea, why was he put in that situation? Because the defense gave up the lead and allowed the Colts to run for 150 yards.

Jeff Garcia does not fit in the Bears offense.

Calvin Johnson , and im fairly certain that the face of the franchise is Matt Lienart.

Calvin Johnson is not as good as Larry Fitzgerald.

Matt Lienart has to do something to become the face. Fitzgerald is the star on the team right now.

Calvin Johnson is not as good as Larry Fitzgerald.
Georgia Tech WR Calvin Johnson declared his intentions for the NFL Monday.

He's considered the best can't-miss wideout since Larry Fitzgerald, and his athleticism is probably superior. It would be very surprising if he made it past the top 3-4 picks. Oakland and Tampa (either third or fourth pick) make logical fits
. scouts.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"