2012: A Monster Year? (box office predictions) - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit

Last edited:
It was, but Hasbro is the production company behind TF, Battleship and G.I. Joe.

Yep, people are going to see this as a sign that the movie is awful. I can't ever remember such a big budget movie that was already well into marketing itself and that was only a month out, moving into a whole other year. Yes Star Trek moved but it wasn't a month before it's release and it moved to the summer (because it was a summer movie that had the wrong release date in the first place). This is a whole new thing that has never been seen before. I hate it.

Definitely, no matter what reason they use, even if the reason is legit, moving a blockbuster this close to it's release will leave people in general thinking there film must be a bomb waiting to happen.

Penguin was written that way. They don't write the movie around what the costume designers think up.

It's a collaborative effort, but Ve had a known style. She also designed the Riddler, Two Face and Mr. Freeze. Judging how she did the Lizard and this Spidey costume, it fits right in with her overdoing things.

GI Joe made $150 M in North America, $152 M Internationally. Their argument is that Russia and China are building new 3D theatres. Films that have done well over the past five years have been in 3D where 65-72% of the movie's gross comes from overseas. Enough on its own to be profitable. North America can be given the finger by Paramount by moving the film because they're confident enough that whatever it may lose here will be made up 3x in Asia.

Only problem is that it only did $152M overseas and that it won't appeal to large audiences. It wasn't like it made $252 or $352 that could warrant this. Its a gamble, it will likely pay off for Paramount.

What I'm sure is going on in some Hasbro or Paramount exec's head is a GI Joe/Transformers team up ala The Avengers. After GI Joe 3 and Transformers 5 I'm sure there will be a team up film.

A GI Joe team up with Transformers? Super vomit.

The GI Joes would be better than a crappy human cast. The Rock and Optimus Prime would be a huge draw.

Boxoffice.com has it at 73, and they tend to overestimate. I think late buzz is tanking on this film, although the reviews have been surprisingly good.

I just think releasing a sequel 10 years after the fact is never a way to pick up an audience. However the film has star power for sure.
so they perdict 73 mill domestic and around 130 mill overseas.thats not a big deal considering will smiths appeal overseas.it will probably do 200mill domestic and over 400 mill overseas.not great but not a flop.

Definitely, no matter what reason they use, even if the reason is legit, moving a blockbuster this close to it's release will leave people in general thinking there film must be a bomb waiting to happen.

I think the fact that they moved it to Spring hints at that much more.

so they perdict 73 mill domestic and around 130 mill overseas.thats not a big deal considering will smiths appeal overseas.it will probably do 200mill domestic and over 400 mill overseas.not great but not a flop.

Those would be great numbers for a sequel nobody asked for.

I think the costume is fine but I dont like the eyes much

anyway, just saw the new trailer to Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. Definetly, going to be this year's Cowboys & Aliens
I hope Lincoln Vampire Hunter succeeds.

At least it takes chances with a risky premise and a risky R-rating. Plus it's been a while since we've had a bloody vampire flick. Kids were starting think all vampires were supposed to sparkle.

paramount is not only moving gi joe for 3-d.they looked at th sucess of 21 jump sreet and want to add more channing tatum.this could be a bad move he was going to die early in the film.i think the rock and willis were the reason people wanted to see this film not tatum.tatum might take all the screen time now.i bet the original cut of this will be better than he one we get next year.

I hope Lincoln Vampire Hunter succeeds.
It won't.

Plus it's been a while since we've had a bloody vampire flick. Kids were starting think all vampires were supposed to sparkle.

Let the Right One In, Let Me In, Underworld 4, Fright Night, Stakeland, Priest, Suck, Daybreakers. Probably more.

The title alone will turn people off of Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter just like the title of Cowboys and Aliens did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"