2012: A Monster Year? (box office predictions) - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tatum needs to stick to comedy if only for the fact that he doesn't look bored in comedies.

Worse of all, Tatum is coming back. That pretty much kills the chances of this movie actually being decent or good, for that matter. The whole reason why the executives lured in Dwayne Johnson and Bruce Willis was for horrendous casting choice that was Channing as Duke.

The guy just can't play a badass.

Duke is actually supposed to be this veteran and leader, who can rally the troops. Unfortunately, Tatum is none of these and he is still more about the looks than the talents as an actor.

Honestly his role in 21 Jump Street id say was definitely more the writing being tailored for him rather than his acting. I thought he was great but I think its more due to the writers

Of course, and at the same time Tatum did a great job with the material. You can say that about a lot of actors.

Especially considering that a lot of the time Tatum looks disinterested unless it's comedies. I remember his part in The Dilemma commercials and thinking "he just needs to be in a good comedy".

On a lighter note, did anyone see the new cover for EW with Spider-Man? That costume looks uglier every time I see it. To be fair the lighting's way off, but it is still not very well designed.

oz6uc.jpg

StarTrekFacePalm.gif

IS the juice really worth the squeeze to delay a movie almost an entire year when its one month away from release all for 3D? Im sure tv networks and the super bowl are happy that this year they got free money out of the studios.

On a lighter note, did anyone see the new cover for EW with Spider-Man? That costume looks uglier every time I see it. To be fair the lighting's way off, but it is still not very well designed.

oz6uc.jpg
That photo is beyond ****ing awful. That's what EW does though.

It looks like some 250 pound guy is in the suit and looks like a photoshop guy smeared the head and stretched the left eye over. Does anyone really sit and look at these pics and goes "this is great, this'll get the people pumped". I could have taken a way better picture then that and photoshopped even better.

It looks like some 250 pound guy is in the suit and looks like a photoshop guy smeared the head and stretched the left eye over. Does anyone really sit and look at these pics and goes "this is great, this'll get the people pumped". I could have taken a way better picture then that and photoshopped even better.
I think that EW is run by monkey's. Honestly, the mag is terrible.

I think that EW is run by monkey's. Honestly, the mag is terrible.

I havent read an issue since revenge of the sith but look at the covers when posted on here from time to time but there photos just never seem to be very exciting. From someone who minored in photography they seem to love matching terrible background colors from the main subject and take away from each other. Have there photographers never heard of lighting other then what walmart uses? Always bright.

The two TV spots are the same tone and tenor of TDK TV spots. They're trying to sell it as a slick action movie with entertainment to hit all four quadrants. The Marvel Zombies are becoming almost as bad as the Nolanites who credited Obama's election (America electing its first black president) with Obama/"this generation's Woodstock."

:dry:

Yep, my sentiments exactly. This tone talk is ridiculous, and it's only a matter of time before Marvel Zombies start posting those type of comments all over the site.

:facepalm:

Anywho, yes, Spidey's suit has appeared awkward to me since day one (Garfield's extremely lean body and giant head don't help the situation) and it hasn't gotten any better. Also, what in hell's blazes is up with the puny golden optics?

I love it, and just a few pages ago I was the dude "crapping all over Avengers success whilst the marvel crowd was curious why I wasn't applying the same logic to TDK.

It's around this time that an opinion in one direction grants you a title by fans of the opposite.

I simply noted that this is the first I've seen of TDKR's lighter tone. If anything it would dispute the arguments that many seem to have about the film being all gloom. I also noted that this comes right after avengers sold itself to the top of the list in this genre for doing almost nothing but that. I get that this has been the general direction of nolan's tv spots(though TDK didn't seem this light early on)....if anything I was praising them and the film for being on the curve....

So let me rephrase for anyone that is fuming at my earlier inference that WB's marketing timing is capitalizing on the light hearted success of marvels light hearted success by really focusing on the light heated elements of what's been promised to be the most gloomy batman yet:
"Wb is genius for releasing some ads highlighting how broad the tone is and has always been to nolans batman, those haters betta watch out come june, we're gonna take the top spot back yet!"

:o
gotta be careful round here.

Tatum needs to stick to comedy if only for the fact that he doesn't look bored in comedies.

It's pretty interesting that someone can actually be praised for making a light fun movie one day and bashed for doing the same on another day.

EW really are teh worstest! I mean seriously, some scrub gets paid for that? I could do a better job with MS Paint.

Ve Neill did the costume design and makeup work for Amazing Spider-man. I can't say I'm a fan of her work. She's the one that make Penguin into this black goo spewing ball of fat with a hook nose, who runs around most of the film in his underwear.

There are somethings about the costume I very much like. The traditional black webbing, and the design of the web shooters. One of the complaints of the first movie was how a poor high school student could design something like that. This I'd have to say is even worse for that.

I actually don't mind the costume. But that EW manip truly is amateur. Seriously.

I think the costume is fine but I dont like the eyes much

anyway, just saw the new trailer to Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. Definetly, going to be this year's Cowboys & Aliens

The GI Joe move is odd, whether it's for 3D or more Tatum I have to wonder if the extra cost for said 3D as well as more marketing will be worth it in the long run, plus it will be hard to shake the view that the move is because the studio have no faith in it and are scrambling to try and salvage a mess.

The GI Joe move is odd, whether it's for 3D or more Tatum I have to wonder if the extra cost for said 3D as well as more marketing will be worth it in the long run, plus it will be hard to shake the view that the move is because the studio have no faith in it and are scrambling to try and salvage a mess.
Yep, people are going to see this as a sign that the movie is awful. I can't ever remember such a big budget movie that was already well into marketing itself and that was only a month out, moving into a whole other year. Yes Star Trek moved but it wasn't a month before it's release and it moved to the summer (because it was a summer movie that had the wrong release date in the first place). This is a whole new thing that has never been seen before. I hate it.

They should throw some money at JGL. :o
Just to do a voice over? I was looking forward to Joe 2 because it looked way better than the first one but I don't want my precious to be in movies like it anymore.

Ve Neill did the costume design and makeup work for Amazing Spider-man. I can't say I'm a fan of her work. She's the one that make Penguin into this black goo spewing ball of fat with a hook nose, who runs around most of the film in his underwear.

Penguin was written that way. They don't write the movie around what the costume designers think up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"