2012 Major League Baseball: Showdown!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think A-Rod played his last game for the Yankees. I also really don't see any big ball club signing him in the forseeable future. Given his past, the recent allegations, injury/age and his poor playoff performances, it's hard to argue he would be an asset to a top notch team.
Yeah, its kind of sad for me because he was my favorite player growing up and I was a big Mariners fan, and I even went on to root for the Rangers until I realized they were complete crazy when he was with them. But even though his arrival in NY made me root for my hometown team, it has not been a great 8-9 years. With the exception of his MVP and championship ring, his time here as been nothing but negative and it probably wouldn't be the worst thing anymore if he just ended it.

I think A-Rod played his last game for the Yankees. I also really don't see any big ball club signing him in the forseeable future. Given his past, the recent allegations, injury/age and his poor playoff performances, it's hard to argue he would be an asset to a top notch team.

which is exactly why the Marlins will sign him the first chance they get....

Mariners give King Felix biggest contract ever for pitcher. Pretty good deal assuming he stay healthy. Only takes him up to age 33.

This was the amount of people lined up for Marlins tickets

marlinstickets020913.jpg

They're lucky they got that. We're fed up with Loria down here.

As we can see here fan fest is also very busy for the Marlins

Marlins3.jpg

You should have been at the Fan Fest last year. It was packed like crazy. Even the hardcore Marlins fans have given up. Yes, there are hardcore Marlins fans.

Rivera to retire after this season.

What the heck?!? They have ballgirls wearing Hooters outfits at Spring Training games?

So has anyone actually paid attention or watched any games from the WBC?

I personally don't care much about it just like I don't care about Spring Training, but I'm very surprised at how many people I've seen on my News Feed talking about it like its some big deal. Although it might have something to do with the fact that I'm both Puerto Rican and Dominican, so I know a lot of people who use any kind of competetion between the two an excuse to show their pride and claim bragging rights.

So has anyone actually paid attention or watched any games from the WBC?

I personally don't care much about it just like I don't care about Spring Training, but I'm very surprised at how many people I've seen on my News Feed talking about it like its some big deal. Although it might have something to do with the fact that I'm both Puerto Rican and Dominican, so I know a lot of people who use any kind of competetion between the two an excuse to show their pride and claim bragging rights.

Thats exactly the reason...I know many Dominicans and Puerto Ricans and they are all into this right now

any of you guys doing a head to head draft on yahoo?

Want to do one

Verlander gets $180 million for seven years. Club option for an eighth year could make it worth $202 million.

Kershaw should be the next domino to fall. Him along with Hernandez and Verlander were gonna hit free agency in two years. That would have been pretty fun to watch but not anymore.

You have to sign Verlander although that is a insanely long contract...he isnt built like CC Sabathia or Felix.

But he does deserve it.

Btw, Johan Santana is done for the year...Somewhere Spidey Bat is shedding a tear over the idea being blown up of trading him for prospects

Buster got a new deal too

Well deserved...To me he is the closest thing to a Jeter in this era of baseball and I love Posey as a player

Last edited:
You have to sign Verlander although that is a insanely long contract...he isnt built like CC Sabathia or Felix.

But he does deserve it.

Btw, Johan Santana is done for the year...Somewhere Spidey Bat is shedding a tear over the idea being blown up of trading him for prospects

I'd put this contract up there with A-Rod's, Sanchez for worst NY contracts ever given. 6 years at $137.5 million and only playing less than 4 years.

Nope. It's highly unlikely they would have been able to steal a really good prospect like they did with Wheeler. It would have been some B-C level prospect in the low minors. I'm bummed it means his career is very likely over.

I'd put this contract up there with A-Rod's, Sanchez for worst NY contracts ever given. 6 years at $137.5 million and only playing less than 4 years.

I'd disagree. It was an overpay but they weren't severely crippled financially because of his contract. It was also a trade-extension; they had to do it for that reason and would have ended up paying more on the FA market. Also, the trade was an outright steal. Definitely the 3rd best trade in franchise history, 2nd if you exclude the fact that they only got Keith Hernandez because of his personal baggage.

A-Rod's contract has turned into one of the worst contracts in sports of all-time. They gave him so much because of his chances at breaking the home run record. Now he's probably a long shot to make that happen and even if he does, no one will care because he juiced. And if you're including the other NY teams, there's Sanchez as you mentioned, DiPietro's was bad, and we can spend all day on the Knicks' disasters.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"