A Lounge in the Wind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wal Mart had one good LG that was priced reasonable, had a devil of a time trying to turn off the audio controls every time I hit the button, mistaken hit the control for seeing impaired and had to google the way to turn it off. Sure don't need that function :p
Hee hee. :p

Heal Me by Lady Gaga is certainly as kids say a bop.

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
So I learned Catman is real. Fairly Odd Parents wasn't lying.

So I learned Catman is real. Fairly Odd Parents wasn't lying.
It's interesting what was done with him after he appeared in the early run of the post resurrection Green Arrow series. I forget whether it was Kevin Smith or it was Brad Meltzer that used him but he was basically a fat washed up has been and getting rolled over by Ollie and Roy wakes him up to how low he has fallen and he regains his edge which leads to his time in the Secret Six which was mostly Simone handling him in some really cool stories but then again that was all back when the last gasp of continuity mattered and character history was seen as something rich to mine and not an obstacle for current writers to have to overcome or circumvent or maybe worst of all just ignore.

If I may, I can't recommend the Smith, Meltzer and Judd Winnick era of Green Arrow enough. good stuff all around. Well worth the read for the characterization and again, mining the GA mythos for compelling stories while adding to the character. I didn't always agree with additions but I could tell these guys cared about the character.

Last edited:
XLtNQvO.jpg

I know it's popular now for people to **** on him but... Joss you magnificent bastard.
My respect for him as a person has gone way down, but it hasn't changed how I see his work. And I do love the majority of his work. Even if I feel like he's gotten stuck and hasn't evolved as an artist the way some of his Buffy contemporaries (like Drew Goddard and Marti Noxon) have.

My respect for him as a person has gone way down, but it hasn't changed how I see his work. And I do love the majority of his work. Even if I feel like he's gotten stuck and hasn't evolved as an artist the way some of his Buffy contemporaries (like Drew Goddard and Marti Noxon) have.
I feel like I have grown out of his work over the last five years or so, while still finding myself gravitating to newer shows, clearly influenced by Buffy, Angel and Firefly. Finding out the human being he is might have aided in just how much I have left his work behind. Still love me my favorite seasons and episodes of all those shows though. Still watch Pangs every Thanksgiving.

Well it kinda makes sense to me. Miley gave up trying to conform to the image everyone wanted from her long ago, and let her freak flag fly. The other two gave into pressure to control their image and be a certain kind of star. Moral of the story:

1506984619491.gif
I still think she went overboard with it (be it her true self or a rebellious act to break her innocent teen image) but that's her choice and since the world doesn't revolve around me I don't concern myself with it.

I love how someone gets called a millennial and is then promptly told to kill themselves because they're snowflakes and deserve to die for ruining this world is such a nice response to get nowadays.

XLtNQvO.jpg

I know it's popular now for people to **** on him but... Joss you magnificent bastard.

I wouldnt immediately give Whedon credit for that. That thermal image was created by an animator and it's just as likely the animator thought of that and included the cold thermal image without Whedon's input. It's also just as likely that Hiddleston made the suggestion.

Regardless of who is responsible tho it's a cool little detail. I've always enjoyed the little reminders that Loki is Jotun. I wish him being Jotun would have played a bigger role in Loki's MCU story arc. But its always treated like an after thought that he is the heir to Jotunheim and an ice giant.

I love how someone gets called a millennial and is then promptly told to kill themselves because they're snowflakes and deserve to die for ruining this world is such a nice response to get nowadays.
This was on the Hype today?

I just find it amazing anyone thinks it's okay to tell anyone to kill themselves. :(

I just spent half an hour looking in the mirror... thinking ... "damn Cory.. you are really really ridiculously good looking"

I just spent half an hour looking in the mirror... thinking ... "damn Cory.. you are really really ridiculously good looking"
I can safely say this has never happened to me. :p

hamsters dont have reflections. it's science.
Their deal with the Elder Gods cost them much... But they did win their struggle against the Squirrel Empire due to the sorceress power they were given. Thus the squirrel race is destined to live in the trees and bushes of the world never to know the joy and contentment of cedar chips.

I think I've come across every type of rodent indoors thus far.
Owned a hamster. Squirrel randomly popped in my house. A rat rode the train.
Just today, a mouse was scurrying the classroom.
Is that just a NY thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"