A New Era for the Wrestling Thread

Maybe something with matches, but also lame comedy sketches, and a group rap battle at the beginning of every episode. That would be history making.

Uh, hello??????? Have you watched their PPV Evolution? And I've already mentioned this show coming on AXS.TV next month

Uh, hello??????? Have you watched their PPV Evolution? And I've already mentioned this show coming on AXS.TV next month

Uh, hello??? Have you ever seen a Pink post, or perhaps GLOW?

Maybe something with matches, but also lame comedy sketches, and a group rap battle at the beginning of every episode. That would be history making.

How's your wrestling comedy troupe going these days? Did you guys have any Holiday themed shows?

How's your wrestling comedy troupe going these days? Did you guys have any Holiday themed shows?

We did our second original show at the beginning of December. Smaller audience, but the material was stronger, and we did a promo-based sketch that killed (I wrote it, but was not in it). We're working on drawing a crowd now. Some Xmas themed elements as well (a Secret Santa exchange that goes wrong, we try to pitch angles that are clearly based on Home Alone and Jingle All The Way).

Damn....I was hoping this thread title would be "The Wrestling Thread is Fickle!"

AEW already have buzz and also have financial backing from Tony Kahn & his family. They just need a TV deal with a good network that most would get. It would be in a position to fill the void left by WCW that TNA Impact failed to do.

The Becky/Cena stuff was great. And given that Cena has praised her repeatedly, I wouldn't be surprised is he wanted to work with her/put her over here.
Charlotte's outfit during that segment with Becky and Asuka, just WOW!! Not very "PG" now was it Charlotte. ;)
Mustafa Ali is already really over, I love it.
I wonder what they're doing with AJ? Is it building to a full-on Heel turn (I hope not), or just a more "edgy" babyface

AEW already have buzz and also have financial backing from Tony Kahn & his family. They just need a TV deal with a good network that most would get. It would be in a position to fill the void left by WCW that TNA Impact failed to do.

they would need a "Hulk Hogan" type who can move the needle and I have no clue who could be that for them.

How so?

I could see Kenny Omega joining them in a month if that's what he wants to do.

TNA Impact has many chances to fill the void left by WCW, but they blew it with management and financial problems that escalated in 2016. Since then most of their problems have been cleared as they had to rebuild their image last year.

As for a Hulk Hogan-type buzz, the only one who could do that is Hulk Hogan himself.

Damn, this man WAS wrestling. His importance to the industry transcended any individual wrestler. Okerlund was the WWF's best, greatest storyteller in its golden age. :csad:

I am very sorry to hear this Mean Gene will be missed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"