A New Era for the Wrestling Thread

When KUSHIDA does sign though, he's going to do well in NXT. His gimmick may have to change a bit, but he's probably still going to be named KUSHIDA. This is one of the great things about NXT, that a majority of the talents they sign get to keep their names when they enter Full Sail. They have done that with the male talents and the last few female signings (Candice LaRae, Mia Yim, Deonna Purazzo, Io Shirai, Jessamyn Duke and Marina Shafir and the ladies of NXT UK). And they might be known as the War Raiders, but Hanson and Rowe got to keep their names.

He'll do well in NXT but not the main roster.

Look what happened to Nakamura. In NXT, Nakamura had an amazing aura and came off like the biggest star on the planet. Got see him live in LA. It was only a house of about 3,500 but Nakamura there made it seem like 20,000.

Nobody on NXT currently is going to do well on the main roster, not even Ciampa, who's first main roster feud will probably be against Ziggler.

Jesus Christ...that Takeover UK man.
What difference it makes when you have people that work for and with the fans vs the people who try to please one specific old school thinking guy.

There was so much awesome stuff there...but the biggest goosebumps i got when WALTER appeared.
You hoped and thought about it, but when the music hit and he showed up...WOW.
NXT really shows what people love about Wrestling.

NXT Takeover Blackpool was awesome.

Walter makes his WWE debut and looks like a star.

I think taking a chop from Walter is probably more painful than being kicked in the nuts. Walter's chops are SAVAGE

Finn Balor stomping Devlin into the mat was satisfying.

I knew Grizzled Young Vets were going to win the UK tag belts.

Last edited:
Nobody on NXT currently is going to do well on the main roster, not even Ciampa, who's first main roster feud will probably be against Ziggler.
Ziggler was the main roster gatekeeper. Tyler Breeze career was killed in the womb thanks to his no buys feud with Ziggler and backstage heat.

Ciampa will possibly get Samoa Joe booking on the main roster. The despicable heel who never wins a feud or title.

In my opinion the booking of the current NXT crop should be this. Black should be the next Undertaker, Dream should be the next Rock, Gargano should be the next Daniel Bryan, Adam Cole should be the next Miz and Ricochet should be the next Rey Mysterio. I doubt any of them with get that kind of booking though.

Ziggler was the main roster gatekeeper. Tyler Breeze career was killed in the womb thanks to his no buys feud with Ziggler and backstage heat.

Ciampa will possibly get Samoa Joe booking on the main roster. The despicable heel who never wins a feud or title.

In my opinion the booking of the current NXT crop should be this. Black should be the next Undertaker, Dream should be the next Rock, Gargano should be the next Daniel Bryan, Adam Cole should be the next Miz and Ricochet should be the next Rey Mysterio. I doubt any of them with get that kind of booking though.

By the way WWE books its NXT call ups, Black is gonna be the next Gangrel

By the way WWE books its NXT call ups, Black is gonna be the next Gangrel

I have a feeling that they'll be a few dead writers impaled on stakes outside the Staple Centre if Aleister gets booked that way.

alexa-bliss.jpg

Cena got pinned clean....by Finn Balor. That is huge for Balor.

RAW was slightly entertaining, but kinda weird and random.

I'm guessing that they are building Braun Strowman to win the Royal Rumble, right? Otherwise, what's the point of him losing his title match.

I love that Finn Balor is getting a title push, but I hate that it'll probably result in him losing badly to Lesnar.

The Banks/Rousey feud actually picked up quite well, but it would have been better if Ronda was more intense and less "puppy dog". That might have been one of Sasha's better promos. Too bad we know how this feud/match is going to turn out. Banks deserves a title run, but it won't be with Rousey dominating the title OR with a Charlotte Flair and/or Becky Lynch feud begging to be done at Wrestlemania.

I like that they are doing Women's Tag Titles but I hate that the interview with Heyman (and weird entrance by that NXT dude) kinda overshadowed their intro.

I'm good with Bobby Lashley as IC champ, I do wish he would have beaten Lesnar for the Universal title during the Lesnar/Reigns/Lashley feud last year, but I think they can do good things with him holding that belt.

I have no clue what the WWE is doing with Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose. Both men should be contending for the Universal Title that Lesnar is holding hostage and Ambrose's heel turn is just weird.

I'm down for a Finn Balor push.

I find Otis being weird entertaining.

Pricilla Kelly out grossing Joey Ryan is impressive. The infamous tampon spot had all the old wrestling heads flipping out .

The Banks/Rousey feud actually picked up quite well, but it would have been better if Ronda was more intense and less "puppy dog". That might have been one of Sasha's better promos. Too bad we know how this feud/match is going to turn out. Banks deserves a title run, but it won't be with Rousey dominating the title OR with a Charlotte Flair and/or Becky Lynch feud begging to be done at Wrestlemania.
Its obviously building to the Horsewomen feud, after Ronda cost Becky and Charlotte the Smackdown title, and now Sasha is throwing up the 4 fingers.

Its obviously building to the Horsewomen feud, after Ronda cost Becky and Charlotte the Smackdown title, and now Sasha is throwing up the 4 fingers.

I cannot imagine Bayley with the same intensity the other three have. It's going to be hard to show that side of Bayley even though we've seen glimpses of it. Ronda will win, but I don't think it'll be clean as people think it will be. I could see a part where Sasha is so frustrated that Ronda hasn't tapped out to the Bank Statement that she causes a DQ. If Ronda were to face Bayley though, it would probably be a clean loss for the Huggable One.

I cannot imagine Bayley with the same intensity the other three have. It's going to be hard to show that side of Bayley even though we've seen glimpses of it. Ronda will win, but I don't think it'll be clean as people think it will be. I could see a part where Sasha is so frustrated that Ronda hasn't tapped out to the Bank Statement that she causes a DQ. If Ronda were to face Bayley though, it would probably be a clean loss for the Huggable One.

It would make more sense to really get the feud going if Charlotte/Becky cost Ronda the title to Banks.

If we're imagining the 4HW-NXT as the heels, not all of them have to be intensely angry. Becky has enough visible anger to power a 60-woman cage match in All-Japan. Bayley can be the smarmy one, the liar, the two-face. Like the Tully Blanchard of the group. I think her grinning, passive-aggressive beta-female personality can make it work.

there's no way they're going to let Balor beat Lesnar, right? :(

Roman's illness screwed the entire WWE Universal Championship scene up. I strongly believe if it had not been for Roman's illness, Brock would have been long gone from the WWE by now but Brock re-signing was out of desperation by the WWE because of the illness.

I think Alexa is okay in small doses.

Her and her fiancé Buddy Murphy have totally eclipsed Wesley Blake in the pecking order.

I hope so. I hate that the Universal title is held hostage and rarely ever on the show.
me too.

which is why I was glad Roman finally took the belt off of Lesnar. sucks about Roman's illness. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"