A New Era for the Wrestling Thread

While I wouldn't call myself a super die-hard fan of Cody's, even I can tell that he needs to win the main event at WM 40. Having Cody lose twice to Roman would just kill his momentum. Plus, I have yet to see anyone offer a credible reason as to why Roman should retain the title.

I'd like to think that Tripe H isn't that ignorant when it comes to booking. Speaking of which, Gunther really needs to drop his title as well. The guy has done all that he can with the IC championship. Frankly, guys like Jey Uso and LA Knight are in desperate need of a title reign. It's mind boggling on how they haven't won a singles championship yet while the likes of Logan Paul is the current US Champion.

Cody is winning because of the tension between the Rock and Roman. On Friday, Roman was very upset he didn't get to go home early and had to wait for the Rock. The Rock was very reluctant to acknowledge Roman.

As part time as Logan Paul is, when he shows up in WWE, he works as hard as all of the other WWE Superstars.

Logan recently signed a more full time contract. Obviously he won't be there as much as guys like Knight and Styles, but he's going to be around more often.

Smackdown NEEDS a full on time champion, though. Likely soon to be Cody. Though I'm not so sure at the moment.

Here's a different type of question:

Which wrestlers do you think are in the wrong roles? What I mean by that is which heels do you think should be faces, and which faces would be better off as heels?

Theory face turn off coming soon, and I think he'll be a very good babyface

Logan recently signed a more full time contract. Obviously he won't be there as much as guys like Knight and Styles, but he's going to be around more often.

Smackdown NEEDS a full on time champion, though. Likely soon to be Cody. Though I'm not so sure at the moment.

Which wrestlers do you think are in the wrong roles? What I mean by that is which heels do you think should be faces, and which faces would be better off as heels?

They have three already and in the same faction:

Cody is winning because of the tension between the Rock and Roman. On Friday, Roman was very upset he didn't get to go home early and had to wait for the Rock. The Rock was very reluctant to acknowledge Roman.

As part time as Logan Paul is, when he shows up in WWE, he works as hard as all of the other WWE Superstars.

I hope so. A part of me is still concerned on how Seth Rollins will factor into all this. I'm almost certain that they'll have him turn against Cody at some point during WM 40. The only question is whether he'll cost Cody the tag team match or the championship match.

In regard to Logan Paul, I just think it's too early to put a title on him. I definitely give Logan Paul credit for his in-ring skills and work ethics when it comes to the WWE. However, there are just so many other guys that deserve/need to have a championship run before he does.

Personally, I think it's a huge misstep not to have LA Knight compete for the US Championship at WM 40. There's nothing special about him having a regular match with AJ Styles.

I have a hard time buying the Miz as a face. He just works better as a heel. Also, I'd love to see what Gunther can do as a face.

In non WWE news, this is the dumbest sh** I’ve seen in a long time:

Seriously, what was the point of this spot besides getting seriously hurt?

I hope so. A part of me is still concerned on how Seth Rollins will factor into all this. I'm almost certain that they'll have him turn against Cody at some point during WM 40. The only question is whether he'll cost Cody the tag team match or the championship match.

In regard to Logan Paul, I just think it's too early to put a title on him. I definitely give Logan Paul credit for his in-ring skills and work ethics when it comes to the WWE. However, there are just so many other guys that deserve/need to have a championship run before he does.

With Drew already a heel, I can't see them turning Seth heel as well. Someone has to remain the top face on Raw while CM Punk is out. I can see Drew winning and Seth chasing.

With Drew already a heel, I can't see them turning Seth heel as well. Someone has to remain the top face on Raw while CM Punk is out. I can see Drew winning and Seth chasing.

Perhaps, but I could see Seth turning against Cody if he loses the WHC to Drew. Seth's excuse could be that he hated how no one was paying attention to him and that helping Cody made it easier for Drew to beat him.

Perhaps, but I could see Seth turning against Cody if he loses the WHC to Drew. Seth's excuse could be that he hated how no one was paying attention to him and that helping Cody made it easier for Drew to beat him.
Also, Drew could turn back into a face if the Bloodline causes his match to be thrown out, unless they do it where he unleashes his rage on Jey Uso to the point where (in kayfabe) Jey's career is on life support and he does the same to Sammy Zayn as both were former Bloodline and then almost ends Seth's career for getting involved in Bloodline affairs and getting their match thrown out. Whether or not he would do the same to Jimmy and Solo remains to be seen, especially if they make Drew someone who is on a violent rage because the Bloodline threw his title shot out the window. I can't see the match being thrown out though. I do think that there will be some sort of agreement between Drew and the Bloodline where the Bloodline can interfere to the point where the match won't be thrown out and he takes advantage of it.

Since they're billing this as Seth doing this cause they need to destroy the Bloodline cause it's bigger than him or anyone person, it would feel like bad writing for him to then be like "Wait I lost my belt? Well forget the last 3 months of story, HEEL TURN! I am now suddenly aight with 100 more months of Roman being on top!" I cannot see them doing it. I don't think turning Seth heel really serves Seth much at all.

Since they're billing this as Seth doing this cause they need to destroy the Bloodline cause it's bigger than him or anyone person, it would feel like bad writing for him to then be like "Wait I lost my belt? Well forget the last 3 months of story, HEEL TURN! I am now suddenly aight with 100 more months of Roman being on top!" I cannot see them doing it. I don't think turning Seth heel really serves Seth much at all.

While true, it wouldn't be the first time that the WWE has forsaken logic just for the sake of (predictable) shock value.

While true, it wouldn't be the first time that the WWE has forsaken logic just for the sake of (predictable) shock value.
I know, but most storylines are built with short term in mind, while the Bloodline and Cody story has had so much great long term building, the short term shock I think wouldnt work for the grander story

If we go by that logic for Seth, then I also don't see how you guys could think Rock would swerve Roman. You want to milk this feud, so don't have Rock turn on his cousin right away, you lose out on a great grudge match between Cody/Rock.

If we go by that logic for Seth, then I also don't see how you guys could think Rock would swerve Roman. You want to milk this feud, so don't have Rock turn on his cousin right away, you lose out on a great grudge match between Cody/Rock.
Roman doing something to push Rock over the edge cause he is threatened by his presence and tries to assert his dominance makes more sense as a story than having Seth turn for reasons would

Other issue for me would be Roman wins, then what? Him losing sets is on path to Rock vs Roman. But if he wins, who is next?

Last edited:
I have a theory that Cody has an ace up his sleeve in his war with the Bloodline.....a certain star of the series Peacemaker. He already has issues with the Bloodline based on his last stint in the WWE plus there are rumors that the WWE wants him in Mania in a non-wrestling role that is also impactful.

SUblE.jpg

SUblk.jpg

SUbl3.jpg

SUbl9.jpg

SUblh.jpg

SUblv.jpg

I have a theory that Cody has an ace up his sleeve in his war with the Bloodline.....a certain star of the series Peacemaker. He already has issues with the Bloodline based on his last stint in the WWE plus there are rumors that the WWE wants him in Mania in a non-wrestling role that is also impactful.

Nah, what I want is when they confront Roman and Rock on Friday (let's say it's a contract signing too), they get Rock and Roman super hype leading to them signing the contract for the title match without reading it much.

At which point, Cody and Seth remind them that they really should've read the fine print. Because they just agreed...to an old friend of The Rock's being the special guest referee.

The last time they were at odds, Rock got his one victory.

He ain't letting The Rock give Roman another fluke victory.

It quite literally brings stuff from The Attitude Era full circle.

Darby Allin is genuinely not seeing 50 at this rate

He's symbolic of the lack of control Tony Kahn has over AEW, I saw highlights of Revolution, it's sad Sting's last match was an indierific garbage match against 2 boy band escapees, seeing him taking glass bumps was bad enough but Darby's ladder/glass bump was virtually attempted suicide.

I saw some of Ospreay vs Take****a as well, it's a shame, Osprey is an incredible athlete but he's stuck in that no-selling headdrop gymnastics style match routine as most of the rest of that roster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"