A New Era for the Wrestling Thread

My body is ready for a Gunther vs Ilja finals for the King of the Ring

They are on the same side of the King of the Ring Bracket, so the best that they can do is Semi-Finals.

SmackDown’s first round matches will be:

• AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton
  • Baron Corbin vs. Carmelo Hayes
  • LA Knight vs. Santos Escobar
  • Bobby Lashley vs. Tama Tonga

They are on the same side of the King of the Ring Bracket, so the best that they can do is Semi-Finals.

SmackDown’s first round matches will be:

• AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton
  • Baron Corbin vs. Carmelo Hayes
  • LA Knight vs. Santos Escobar
  • Bobby Lashley vs. Tama Tonga
Yeah, just saw the format for the King of the Ring. This brand split nonsense keeps on ruining my hopes

i'll settle for a Gunther vs. LA Knight finals then

SaRJi.jpg

SaRJ6.jpg

SaRJj.jpg

SaRJR.jpg

SaRJ8.jpg

The long shots WWE has been using lately have been just beautiful. A lot of story being told in these shots.

Backlash was a good show, Cody and AJ tore the house down in the main event while Priest and Jey Uso had a good showing and the triple threat for the Women's World Championship was a pacey contest, Bayley catching Naomi with a quick roll-up was a neat finish.

The Women's Tag Team match was really competitive, lots of near falls, I'm glad the Kabuki Warriors weren't just squashed and looked strong in defeat. Kairi was the star of the match and brilliantly got into the Jaded finisher in a sequence that showed strength and timing from Jade Cargill as well. On offense Jade can hit her big spots impressively but she's very clunky on mobile exchanges and really awkward when it comes to selling and awaiting to take a move. At the moment she's kind of like a modern day Sid, an incredible, physical, statuesque specimen who looks like she just walked off a comic book page, she's very raw and stiff in how she moves in the ring, but there's money there.

Tanga Loa debuting was interesting, I'm guessing him and Tama Tonga will reform their tag team from NJPW, the question now is will Jacob Fatu be the 4th member 🤔

Raw was very wrestling focused this week with the King and Queen of the Ring tournaments getting underway. The standout matches for me were Iyo vs Natalya and Gunther vs Sheamus which was a quality main event. I also enjoyed Dragunov vs Ricochet, and the vignette on Dragunov beforehand was exactly how he needs to be presented.

It's good to see Damage Control getting involved in the World title scene with Becky and Liv, I thought the way Liv suddenly exited stage left was a great heel move, she's leaning into her new persona perfectly. I also like the current IC title scene, the Sami vs Gable vs Reed triple threat at the next PLE was the natural move, and I wonder if Bron being unhappy with not being in the KOTR and Pearce saying he has something else for him will see him in that mix soon.

The Punk and McIntyre stuff is so well booked, it reminds of some of the old Austin/McMahon episodes of Raw when they were not wanting to put Austin in the ring to protect him from injuries, the tracking shot as Punk made his way through the arena to the ring was fantastic. I wonder if Punk's Glasgow comment is a hint that their match will end up being at Clash At The Castle, I'm sure Punk would love the heat. :D

I can't lie, I'm really goddamn conflicted on Gunther vs LA Knight. LA Knight needs something by now and Gunther's just come off his titanic IC reign. So both need to look strong. A part of me wishes Gunther was just focusing on the WHC tbh

With Jey Uso also in the tournament they have another guy who could do with getting a big win as he's lost his last three big title matches. I think looking at the brackets the Raw side final will be Gunther vs Dragunov, if their fantastic matches in NXT are anything to go by this would be the ideal way to showcase Dragunov to the wider audience.

The Smackdown brackets are really tricky to pick winners from, it looks like potentially an AJ Styles vs LA Knight final as the rubber match to their rivalry, but I wouldn't rule out Orton or Lashley winning that side and facing Gunther in the KOTR final.

So is there some reason as to why WWE hasn't announced the Smackdown side of the Queen of the Ring? I would expect they would announce the field during the Bump today.

Last edited:
NXT is a bright and fun show each week, I like how they've set the stage to crown the first Women's North American Champion and Roxanne Perez delivered another strong defence against Chelsea Green.

I had no idea who Wes Lee was until he appeared last week, but the excellent video package they showed at the beginning did a great job of catching me up and getting me interested in him, and I liked the way the show started by following him from backstage to the ring, I'm liking the new production choices in WWE's products these days. The match with Briggs was fine and much like the IC title scene on Raw they are developing the North American title scene well.

I'm not liking this angle they've put Trick Williams in, I know Lash Legend is his real life girlfriend but this storyline feels like some high school drama nonsense and I can't take Noam Dar as a serious challenger to Trick, even with his cosmic comic book name....and then there's his "Trick Willy Wonka" line....no, just no! :funny: ..... that was his "Sufferin Succotash" moment :nrv: HBK needs to make sure nobody gives him lines like that again.

My predictions for King and Queen of the ring winners right now are LA Knight and Tiffany Stratton. She'd be gloriously obnoxious as Queen.

That said, Jey Uso and Naomi could use big wins also, so I wouldn't mind them either.

Another future prediction Roman, Usos, and Naomi vs Solo, G.o.D, and Nia

My predictions for King and Queen of the ring winners right now are LA Knight and Tiffany Stratton. She'd be gloriously obnoxious as Queen.

That said, Jey Uso and Naomi could use big wins also, so I wouldn't mind them either.

Another future prediction Roman, Usos, and Naomi vs Solo, G.o.D, and Nia

There are people who want a Jey Uso vs. Tama Tonga final that will lead to a reunion between Jey and Jimmy.

As for the Bloodline itself, there's also Jacob Fatu coming and the New Japan contract of the younger brother of G.O.D Hikuleo is expiring soon. In the Indies there's an up and coming star named Zilla Fatu (Umaga's son). They also might sign Lance Anoa'i too. The WWE will corner the market on Samoans who are part of the same family (well, the G.O.D and Hikuleo are considered family by the Fatu/Anoa'i clan). AEW won't sign anyone from that family (I would not be at all surprised if they had interested in Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa, but a certain "Final Boss" may have convinced them to sign with the WWE).

There are people who want a Jey Uso vs. Tama Tonga final that will lead to a reunion between Jey and Jimmy.

As for the Bloodline itself, there's also Jacob Fatu coming and the New Japan contract of the younger brother of G.O.D Hikuleo is expiring soon. In the Indies there's an up and coming star named Zilla Fatu (Umaga's son). They also might sign Lance Anoa'i too. The WWE will corner the market on Samoans who are part of the same family (well, the G.O.D and Hikuleo are considered family by the Fatu/Anoa'i clan). AEW won't sign anyone from that family (I would not be at all surprised if they had interested in Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa, but a certain "Final Boss" may have convinced them to sign with the WWE).
I'd want WWE to include as many wrestlers as they can for Rock's faction of the Bloodline.

Stack the odds against Roman so much that his face turn becomes even more glorious

Jacob on Roman's side, Rock on Solo's. That's it. Do that at Survivor Series. Growing it too much wouldn't be wise. You don't want to nWo the Bloodline.

I wonder if Lashley is really injured or they just realised they didn't want Tama Tonga to lose his first singles match but also don't want to job Lashley.

Cody Rhodes vs Logan Paul at King/Queen of the Ring

I can see Jade Cargill Vs. Tiffany Stratton in the Queen of the Ring finals.

I can see Jade Cargill Vs. Tiffany Stratton in the Queen of the Ring finals.
Would be great. But I think they're on the same side of the bracket. So it would have to be a semi finals match.

Also, I thought Piper Niven did a good job of carrying Jade in their match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"