A Superhero I invented

I've tried to start one called Forlorne Fairytale, the title gives away the genre lol. I have a few chapters done already on it.

Cool, why don't you continue it?

How long are your chapters and how are they structured? How each is structured is a good idea about the writing style of a person, or at least a part of it.

Well I do some work on it once in awhile, the chapters are around sometimes 5 to 7 pages I think.

donald, where would you say does your strongest writing come from? Comics, utilizing scripts? Or from writing novels where much greater detail involved?

Do you mean what am I strongest at writing? Or what has inspired me to write?

Well I'm not sure. I can write out long stories such as a novel really good as well as comic books but I'm not sure where my strongest point would be.

Oh yeah I've given it alot of time to think about it, eventually I will try and get it published hopefully.

I just don't know when it'll get done, probably not for quite sometime i excpect.

Are you going to post any of your work? So far the Hype has only seen your character descriptions, a little sample of your work (comics or otherwise) would be nice.

The actual work. You post a lot of bios and pictures but not samples of the stories.

Well all the work I have on all of my comics is in a couple of folders, I'll try and get some of the pages of my comic posted on here once my scanner is installed again.

This is the very first picture I ever drew of Renegade when I first made him 5 or 6 years ago, his powers back then were super strength and speed, razor claws and animal senses, energy blasts and flight:
i276095425_98202_6.jpg

I think that costume is a lot better then the current incarnation, mainly because it is a departure from the "wolverine"-look (minus the mask though). You might want to consider going back to this design.

Well I made that in grade 5, but I dont think its better than his current one, and how is it a wolverine-look? Its black and Red with a skull and rib design, the only thing similar between the two is the wings on the mask but if you notice Wolverine's mask has big curved wings that stretch outward from his head, where Renegade's wings are more of a Batman type.
Well this is another look I've tried with him recently:
i276100377_33394_6.jpg

This is a rough copy of one of the pages in my comic, it didn't come out very good on the scanner:
i276103463_36911_6.jpg

Well, the thing about the first design you showed us is this: it resembled Alex Ross' concept a bit, so much so that the minds of individuals were immediately going toward that image.

Your current version of Renegade is much better, it has more originality. I would still get away from the claws though, the idea just doesn't seem to mesh well the character and his other abilities.

Well of course it would send individuals going toward an Alex Ross concept because I used one of his illustrations of his Wolverine costume and used Paint on my computer to paint over it to fit my character. As for the claws, why should I change it? I like the idea of someone with claws, and his claws dont have to mesh with his other powers, thats a loud of crap. Super-man has heat vision, super-speed, flight, and super breath, how do you explain those to mesh together? Good luck. Im still working on him and when Im done with his history and storyline, it should be alot more easier to understand.

This is the very first picture I ever drew of Renegade when I first made him 5 or 6 years ago, his powers back then were super strength and speed, razor claws and animal senses, energy blasts and flight:
i276095425_98202_6.jpg

I have to say I like this version of his costume. The only resemblance to Wolverine is the mask style a little but other than that it stands on it's own as original.

I just finished the second appearnce of Cobra Queen that I changed to Violet Viper. She is proving to be a worthy adversary for Nightavenger.

One Winner of the 2007 Spiderman 3 Contest

I just want to get this out in the open for everyone to know, some of you claim that my character Renegade is an exact duplicate of Wolverine. This is a pile of bull****. Yes, and I will admit that there are similarities between the two but not enough to prove that he is exactly like him. Here's an interesting fact, that none of you may know, but when I first made Renegade 6 or 5 years ago, I had absolutley no intention of him being like Wolverine, I wasn't inspired by Wolverine to make him or anything like that relating to Wolverine. It was only unfortunate that after many, many, many versions and changes did it occur to me that he had indeed become almost identical to Wolverine, but that was when I had first posted him here. After many more changes to this character has he become not a super-hero but something more in my comics. He has no 3 claws, no animal senses, he never trained as a samurai in Japan, isn't big and buff. Hes just a kid whose trying to find out who he is and to find his place in a world that is closer to its end than anyone realizes. And only he and his faith in not only God but in himself will he be able to save all of existence.

I just want to get this out in the open for everyone to know, some of you claim that my character Renegade is an exact duplicate of Wolverine. This is a pile of bull****. Yes, and I will admit that there are similarities between the two but not enough to prove that he is exactly like him. Here's an interesting fact, that none of you may know, but when I first made Renegade 6 or 5 years ago, I had absolutley no intention of him being like Wolverine, I wasn't inspired by Wolverine to make him or anything like that relating to Wolverine. It was only unfortunate that after many, many, many versions and changes did it occur to me that he had indeed become almost identical to Wolverine, but that was when I had first posted him here. After many more changes to this character has he become not a super-hero but something more in my comics. He has no 3 claws, no animal senses, he never trained as a samurai in Japan, isn't big and buff. Hes just a kid whose trying to find out who he is and to find his place in a world that is closer to its end than anyone realizes. And only he and his faith in not only God but in himself will he be able to save all of existence.

Uh, dude... You don't have to have exact copies from or intentions of duplicating Wolverine in order for the two to be simliar.

You have simliarities between Renegade and Wolverine. So many that he does look to be a clone of Wolverine. We say that to help, not to criticize. I think I'd much rather prefer that I heard my character was a carbon copy BEFORE I got too into the character's attributes and didn't want to change them.

Well actually I've been emailed and messaged about how my character is just like Wolverine. I have to say, being the only one who knows actually anything about this character, that I cant even see how he's like Wolverine. The two are so

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"