Inhumans ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 2

Where is my Inhumans blu ray? :o

They need to sell Inhumans Medusa wigs in fancy dress stores. :o

I want a Karnak pot farmer playset :hehe:

They need to release a Blackbolt karaoke singalong album.

So, among other shows, Inhumans officially gets the axe. Well, Anson Mount's got Star Trek on the horizon, so he's probably fine with this. And there can't be anyone surprised by this.

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/inhumans-canceled-abc-deception-the-crossing-kevin-probably-saves-the-world-1202802149/

‘Inhumans,’ ‘Deception,’ ‘The Crossing,’ ‘Kevin Probably Saves the World’ Canceled by ABC

ABC has canceled freshman shows “Inhumans,” “Deception,” “The Crossing,” and “Kevin Probably Saves the World” after one season each.

It starred Anson Mount as Black Bolt, Iwan Rheon as Maximus, Serinda Swan as Medusa, Eme Ikwuakor as Gorgon, Isabelle Cornish as Crystal, Ken Leung as Karnak, Ellen Woglom as Louise, Sonya Balmores as Auran and Mike Moh as Triton. Henry Ian Cusick guest stars as Dr. Evan Declan.

Gasp and shock! Said no one :o

Yeah, I think there were ways they could retool and make a better second season, but it certainly didn't deserve a second season after that first.

Unsurprising, but sad at the same time. This show could've been amazing for the MCU. A royal metahuman family on the moon is an interesting concept. But it was wasted because of incompetence. The Inhumans will never live this down.

Unsurprising, but sad at the same time. This show could've been amazing for the MCU. A royal metahuman family on the moon is an interesting concept. But it was wasted because of incompetence. The Inhumans will never live this down.

I think there's a chance they might because the show came and went and will soon be forgotten. They could be reintroduced in a future Fantastic Four movie (If Disney buys FOX) and in 10 years or so we might get a movie. Of course, I would have rather had a movie now as originally intended but what are you gonna do.

They could resurface in the films years down the line, but I doubt very much they were included in the plans through 2025 that Feige mentioned recently.

Inhumans is in an odd place right now. The Royal family story is dead, but the Inhuman mythology is alive in AoS. The past few seasons have been very Inhuman heavy, and even in the latest episode, Quake mentions her Inhuman lineage.

I think they should continue inhuman stories in AoS (or any spin off they make from AoS).
There's plenty of Earth based Inhumans stories they could explore. Ennilux, Orollan and Utolan are all Earth based inhuman settlements.

I actually think you could do a solid show about Reader. He's part hunter part fixer for Ennilix. Just think MIB mixed with Ray Donovan with super powers. Simple earth based stories. No CGI hair or Lockjaw effects.

Inhumans is in an odd place right now. The Royal family story is dead, but the Inhuman mythology is alive in AoS. The past few seasons have been very Inhuman heavy, and even in the latest episode, Quake mentions her Inhuman lineage.

I think they should continue inhuman stories in AoS (or any spin off they make from AoS).
There's plenty of Earth based Inhumans stories they could explore. Ennilux, Orollan and Utolan are all Earth based inhuman settlements.

I actually think you could do a solid show about Reader. He's part hunter part fixer for Ennilix. Just think MIB mixed with Ray Donovan with super powers. Simple earth based stories. No CGI hair or Lockjaw effects.

I was waiting for a cameo from a Royal on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Seeing YoYo and Daisy's reaction to one of them proclaiming their royal privilege would have been priceless, we'll worth the price of a Colby Smulders Maria Hill cameo was.

I think there's a chance they might because the show came and went and will soon be forgotten. They could be reintroduced in a future Fantastic Four movie (If Disney buys FOX) and in 10 years or so we might get a movie. Of course, I would have rather had a movie now as originally intended but what are you gonna do.

Nobody will remember this show. Rebooting won't be an issue. Now whether they choose to any time soon given that Feige doesn't seem to care about these characters is a different story.

Nobody will remember this show. Rebooting won't be an issue. Now whether they choose to any time soon given that Feige doesn't seem to care about these characters is a different story.

It's a separate universe.
Part of the multiverse.
Simple. :woot:

I actually like some of the cast. I really think Anson Mount did a good job and, while I did not like Serinda Swan at first, she really grew on me. All that being said, unless they plan to put them on the moon, they can spin it as a recast rather than a reboot with minimal effort.

I actually like some of the cast. I really think Anson Mount did a good job and, while I did not like Serinda Swan at first, she really grew on me. All that being said, unless they plan to put them on the moon, they can spin it as a recast rather than a reboot with minimal effort.

I think the whole cast deserve another chance. If AoS get's another season I'd like to see some on the cast make an appearance. I think Karnak would fit in perfectly. He has a pretty interesting relationship with Coulson in the comics.
He could make for a good mentor for Daisy too. Teach her about the history of Inhumans, train her etc.
Karnak_2.jpg

Anson Mount definitely deserves another chance. I think he was the best part of the show. I'd be extremely happy if he's MCU's Black Bolt

Isabelle Cornish aka Crystal can feck off though. Her performance in Inhumans is one of the worst acting I've ever seen

Yeah, it was a bad performance. She wasn't given a lot to work with, but she absolutely didn't do well with what she had. I suppose, to be fair, I didn't notice any accent issues, so there's that.

I only caught the first episode when it aired (wasn't impressed) and figured I would watch the rest on my cable's ON DEMAND system. Through one thing or another, never saw any more and it went off of the ON DEMAND. Today I was looking around and all 8 episodes are back on....so I have decided to watch and burn them to DVD. I'm a completest. It may be a bad show, but I'll have it on DVD (and not worry about buying it if it gets an official release.

I only caught the first episode when it aired (wasn't impressed) and figured I would watch the rest on my cable's ON DEMAND system. Through one thing or another, never saw any more and it went off of the ON DEMAND. Today I was looking around and all 8 episodes are back on....so I have decided to watch and burn them to DVD. I'm a completest. It may be a bad show, but I'll have it on DVD (and not worry about buying it if it gets an official release.

I consider myself a bit of a completest as well, I stop short of buying dvds for the shows, but even if I didn't I would draw the line with buying (or going through the trouble of burning on dvd) Inhumans. It was hard enough for me to just to watch the show. My hat's off to you sir.

All I'm out by burning the show to disc is.....a little less than 8 hours of my time (there were 8 episodes at around 50 minutes per episode, with a few commercials that you can't skip past) and 4 DVD discs (I put 2 episodes per disc so that I could record on 2 hour mode for better picture quality) that cost me about one dollar. And since I "watched" them while also doing things on my laptop like reading and modding things here on the Hype....it's not like it really took me away from things to do that.

I have to agree with the people who think it is a bad show. I particularly disliked the actress that played Medusa. Even ignoring the fact that the producers did the stupidest thing in the world and cut off her hair....I thought the actress was terrible.

Their colony on the moon looked as cheap as a fan made high school play.

I have to agree with the people who think it is a bad show. I particularly disliked the actress that played Medusa. Even ignoring the fact that the producers did the stupidest thing in the world and cut off her hair....I thought the actress was terrible.

She was terrible in the first episode. I would argue her performance quality increased as the show went on. I found myself surprised at times with what she could do. Maybe it was the stilted wig and clothes that contributed to it, but, yeah, she was terrible in that first episode.

Their colony on the moon looked as cheap as a fan made high school play.

The weird thing is, they actually spent a lot of time on making that set. There were some behind the scenes videos that showed all the effort, including some interesting design elements (using materials found in moon rocks to give it its shiny look). Some of the things were taken from the comics (the hall of statues). And, in the end, it still looked cheap as hell. I wonder if it was a poor directorial choice or because of the low-quality appearance, but we never really got a sense of the sheer scale of the set. It was apparently quite gigantic. I think the show would have benefited from a single camera shot as they went from room to room around the entire thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"