Inhumans ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 2

I think good lighting and all that technical work is also really important.

But everything did look cheap and low grade. It look nothing like what you imagined for Attilan.

Also the caste system for the people made the Royal Family sort of unlikable.

I thought the caste system was handled as well as it could be. It at least had a rational reason for existing (aside from the nebulous nature of what exactly they were mining) and mirrored a lot of different stories beyond just the Alpha Primitive stuff.

I thought the caste system was handled as well as it could be. It at least had a rational reason for existing (aside from the nebulous nature of what exactly they were mining) and mirrored a lot of different stories beyond just the Alpha Primitive stuff.

I don't think it was handled that well at all. The arguments presented in the show were very superficial. There's a way to really explore the ideas and show the debate but it was all so poorly written everyone just comes of as unintelligent.

I thought the Throne Room, the communications room, and Black Bolt Isolation room were well designed but everything else was as bare bones as it could get. It mostly comes down to writing, there are ways of using what they do have for solid world building, but they forwent that to be lazy and uninspired

I read INHUMANS in FANTASTIC FOUR back in the 60's and 70's....I don't remember if there was a caste system where some of the people didn't have powers (I thought all the people there had powers)....but the cool thing was seeing all the variations of people looking weird and wild.....didn't see much of that in the series. Triton was in a couple of episodes, Medusa had the wild hair in first episode, first episode had girl get butterfly wings.....but mostly the Inhumans were normal looking people in black or grey clothes looking morose. That was exciting.....not.

I read INHUMANS in FANTASTIC FOUR back in the 60's and 70's....I don't remember if there was a caste system where some of the people didn't have powers (I thought all the people there had powers)....but the cool thing was seeing all the variations of people looking weird and wild.....didn't see much of that in the series. Triton was in a couple of episodes, Medusa had the wild hair in first episode, first episode had girl get butterfly wings.....but mostly the Inhumans were normal looking people in black or grey clothes looking morose. That was exciting.....not.

Don't forget the big dog :cwink:

The idea of an Inhuman's powers affecting their social standing comes from the Jenkins/Lee Marvel Knights run circa 1998. Before that, the only thing close to a caste system was the Alpha Primitives.

Attilan also looked terrible.

Ragnarok was more inspired and Kirby-like in its design.

While I agree, there are a couple different artists that could have been drawn from. I don't actually think of Kirby as the definitive Attilan artist. I had started a thread before the show started with the different looks of Attilan over the years. For example, George Perez drew it like a medieval castle for some reason. To me, the iconic version is the one John Byrne drew, which had an almost Russia meets Alice in Wonderland vibe to it.

Now I don't really think the show used much of any comics design. The one element I can definitively point to that the show used was from either Bret Blevins' Graphic Novel or from John Romita Jr.'s time on Daredevil. That was the hall of statues.

While I don't think the whole set looked visually impressive, I think they could have done more to show just how big it was. I think they put far more work into it than was visible in the final result.

I think some of the sets looked nice, they really want to keep the lunar aspect having everything be either grey, black, or white which can work in the royal buildings. The throne room, communications room, and Black Bolts sphere room were well made. But pretty much everything else was not fully realized or completely bare bones. There was zero effort into making Attilan look like a living breathing city. All we saw was the same 5 sets giving no real idea where they are in relation to each other. There's a lot you could explore even on tight budget but the refused to get creative and even try. Hell even adding different establishing shots could have really help gives us an better idea of the city

I think most of the budget went to Lockjaw and getting it out for Labor Day in less than a year.

I wonder if they knew they were going to destroy the sets at the end of the season? They had to create them from scratch, which is no small task, but they would end up having to do something else the following season if there had been one.

I realize they probably aren't going to release this show on BluRay and, if they did, they aren't going to spend a lot on special features, but I honestly think the behind the scenes would be way more fascinating than the actual show.

I wonder if they knew they were going to destroy the sets at the end of the season? They had to create them from scratch, which is no small task, but they would end up having to do something else the following season if there had been one.

I realize they probably aren't going to release this show on BluRay and, if they did, they aren't going to spend a lot on special features, but I honestly think the behind the scenes would be way more fascinating than the actual show.

Unless they were planning on flashbacks I am sure the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. SSR, Framework, Lighthouse could have been used for their new Hawaiian location.

I can't see the actual show runner giving us a behind the scenes. We would see a barber shop and a line on the accounting ledger. The good guys having bad society and the villain having a point was much better done in Wakanda than Attilan

Technically, we don't know whether their new location would be in Hawaii or not.

I have no idea if Scott Buck would give behind the scenes stuff. Frankly, even if he were just passive aggressively defending it in commentaries, it would still be fascinating. But I know the set designer has done some behind the scenes stuff, they could just expand that by actually walking through the set. I would have loved to see Anson Mount and Serinda Swan taking about all the different signs they used. Then they'll probably put some CGI artist talking about Lockjaw and maybe someone else with some fluff piece about Hawaii or about IMAX.

Like I said, they'll probably not release any BluRay or, if they do, go as cheap as possible, but I think they'd benefit from releasing it as a premium package and try to get OCD collectors to buy it rather than anything else.

I don't see why they would want to keep the sets of a failed one and done show.

I think it will likely see a release in the UK eventually.

Jeph Loeb says it's possible Inhumans characters could appear in other shows

Nothing at all confirmed, just an "I hope so." In the comics, this was often the role for Inhumans as they were relatively obscure guest appearances. I certainly wouldn't put it beyond the realm of possibility to see a character or two appear with Lockjaw in Agents of SHIELD. But I also could see a strong possibility of that not happening.

Jeph Loeb says it's possible Inhumans characters could appear in other shows

Nothing at all confirmed, just an "I hope so." In the comics, this was often the role for Inhumans as they were relatively obscure guest appearances. I certainly wouldn't put it beyond the realm of possibility to see a character or two appear with Lockjaw in Agents of SHIELD. But I also could see a strong possibility of that not happening.

Doubt we'll see Lockjaw due to budget reasons, but I can see Karnak teaming up with Daisy like he did in the comics with Secret Warriors.

I'm still hoping to see Reader at some point too. Maybe a buddy cop thing with him and Frank McGee.

Hope so. We love these characters and the actors are the best!

Literally his entire answer. I can't wait until the day when it's newsworthy that a media personality sneezes. Or, in this instance, Jeph Loeb simply shrugged his shoulders if asked about Defenders appearing in Avengers 4, followed by the headline 'Marvel TV Head Leaves Door Open for TV And Film Divisions To Cross Over.'

Of course it is possible but it is not probable. Most of these actors have new jobs somewhere else and I would hope most of them do not want to be reminded of the terrible job done on Inhumans either.

Jeph Loeb....Lol. People still listen to that guy?

Literally his entire answer. I can't wait until the day when it's newsworthy that a media personality sneezes. Or, in this instance, Jeph Loeb simply shrugged his shoulders if asked about Defenders appearing in Avengers 4, followed by the headline 'Marvel TV Head Leaves Door Open for TV And Film Divisions To Cross Over.'
Exactly, you always have to look at the actual question and answer. In fact this was a part of a Reddit AMA. In order to increase article counts the writer will make each and every comment it's own article if it can make a catchy enough title.

This is really non-news, he's basically saying "no, but it's still possible"
Jeph Loeb....Lol. People still listen to that guy?

Well he's the head of Marvel Television which is the department of marvel that responsible for pretty any show from them. So AoS, the six Netflix series, Cloak and Dagger, all current marvel cartoons as well and cooperating with Fox on Legion and gifted. Basically he has Kevin Fiege's job but for TV. So wanting to listen or ask questions (specially if you care about the television side) makes a lot of sense.

I certainly wouldn't mind if Serinda Swan showed up on SHIELD. I mean they mention the Inhumans every week anyway but she may have gone back to Ballers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"