Abuse of Power Thread (Cops, Governments, Etc.) - Part 2

effffffffff that.

effffffffff that.
Hey... I have a brother and I don't think I could do that myself.

Which is why I find it all the more admirable, especially given how there was an attemp by some to drag the victim's name through the mud by police and some in media (Aaaaaand... Some folks who post in this thread... But I digress...) despite him being guilty of nothing more offensive than being in his own home.

Forgivness is incredibly hard. I can't help but respect the brother's words and actions here.

Hey... I have a brother and I don't think I could do that myself.

Which is why I find it all the more admirable, especially given how there was an attemp by some to drag the victim's name through the mud by police and some in media (Aaaaaand... Some folks who post in this thread... But I digress...) despite him being guilty of nothing more offensive than being in his own home.

Forgivness is incredibly hard. I can't help but respect the brother's words and actions here.

To each his/her own. Without getting too deep into it I'll just say I'm on the opposite end with the boldfaced part.

forgive.jpg

I'll take, "Things That Never Happened" for $600.

If anyone here did what you're saying you would be able to reference their post fairly easy. You claim "some in the media" attempted to smear Botham Jean's name. Surely you can provide examples of this as well? I'm aware of the Fox News affiliate in Texas who tweeted that marijuana was found in the apartment. Who were the others?

I'll take, "Things That Never Happened" for $600.

If anyone here did what you're saying you would be able to reference their post fairly easy. You claim "some in the media" attempted to smear Botham Jean's name. Surely you can provide examples of this as well? I'm aware of the Fox News affiliate in Texas who tweeted that marijuana was found in the apartment. Who were the others?

Brilliant defense. "This never happened except for the time it happened."

Yes... The real victims when unarmed Black Americans get killed are the people that go out of their way to portray the dead in an unfavorable light.

And yes, the marijuana thing was picked up and disseminated by various media outlets. So it wasn't an isolated incident it was spread, and for the purpose of trying to make the man look bad in some eyes. And the release of the info was defended here.

Of course... Could have been worse. He could have had Skittles in his apartment. Then it would have been an open and shut case of self defense in which I suppose that people with certain predilections would spend years justifying.

She will be just fine.... She will probably write a book about it and then get a job at Fox News (and yeah, it wouldn't shock me if people see her as some kind of victim)

But you're right, at least she was found guilty... it's still something

I don't think she can profit from her crime. Son of Sam law or something.

brainwashed.jpg

^This is some sick, brainwashed s**t. I mean the brother and the bailiff are bad enough. I've NEVER heard of a judge coming down to comfort a murderer.

71241132_10156738707207201_3009724965764202496_n.jpg

Screenshot-70.jpg

Yeah I get that you kinda have to come off as the bigger person when you're black because any negative reaction can be used to scapegoat you. I'm only one of a few black guys in my office and we all kinda know we can't act TOO out of line with certain issues.

brainwashed.jpg

^This is some sick, brainwashed s**t. I mean the brother and the bailiff are bad enough. I've NEVER heard of a judge coming down to comfort a murderer.

71241132_10156738707207201_3009724965764202496_n.jpg

Screenshot-70.jpg

This is a ridiculous take. It's literally saying it's wrong for a black person to forgive. I can understand personal feelings on the outcome of the trial but that doesn't give someone the right to tell you how to live your life according to your principles. What God fearing person gets upset over forgiveness?! We have the right to be angry and the right to forgive.

And we as black people definitely don't reach out and forgive after every violent act. I've been known to participate in a riot or two if a feel nobody cares about justice for us. Still, I also know there are people better than me out there as well. People that can approach terrible situations with love and forgiveness. It's not for everyone.

Not an attack on you Rock. Just the people you posted.

Last edited:
Brilliant defense. "This never happened except for the time it happened."

Yes... The real victims when unarmed Black Americans get killed are the people that go out of their way to portray the dead in an unfavorable light.

And yes, the marijuana thing was picked up and disseminated by various media outlets. So it wasn't an isolated incident it was spread, and for the purpose of trying to make the man look bad in some eyes. And the release of the info was defended here.

Of course... Could have been worse. He could have had Skittles in his apartment. Then it would have been an open and shut case of self defense in which I suppose that people with certain predilections would spend years justifying.

If you gonna claim that someone tried to muddy the reputation of Botham Jean then prove it. But you can't reference the post in which that happened because it doesn't exist.

Now I'm guessing that comment was another one of your passive aggressive attempts to insult me so perhaps you are thinking of these posts from last year;

Debate swirls over the search of Botham Jean's apartment

The attorneys have questioned why police would have including searching for “narcotics” in the affidavit seeking to search the Jean’s apartment.

Legal experts say there are valid reasons investigators would have done so.

“When you’re conducting an investigation, the whole point is you’re trying to figure out what happened. You don’t know what’s important,” said Chris Mulder, a Dallas attorney. “You get the warrant out of an abundance of caution and you list in the warrant anything that could possibly be relevant … so that nobody can complain about it later. It’s just good police work.”

Mulder and other legal experts say investigators would not want to risk evidence being thrown out because they did not include it in the search warrant. Legal experts pointed out that if police had not included narcotics in the search warrant and drugs had been found, for instance, in Guyger’s belongings left in Jean’s apartment, then that evidence would have been inadmissible in court.

“You go ahead and put it in there just in case you find it,” Mulder said.

He also says they may have included “narcotics” in the search warrant because someone may have already seen it out in the open in the apartment.

“I’m sure everybody saw it when they went in there to treat the man who had been shot,” Mulder said. “It’s in plain view. They’ve got to collect it."

The attorney and Jean’s family also were upset that the news that marijuana was found became public on the same day that his funeral was being held.

“The fact that, moments after this funeral, we’re now addressing questions like this tells you the issues that we have with police officers,” attorney Daryl Washington said. “And quite frankly, the fact that they released this information shows that police officers are known for covering for each other.”

However, the timing could have been coincidental. Thursday marked the deadline for the search warrant return – the list of items taken from the apartment – to be taken back to court. WFAA obtained its copy of the return from the court.

Among the items taken in the search were two bullet casings, a police backpack, Guyger’s ballistic vest and two used packages of medical aid.

A search of a crime scene is standard procedure. In cases where a person cannot voluntarily give consent for a search, investigators routinely obtain search warrants. Otherwise, investigators would risk that the evidence that was obtained would later be thrown out by a judge.

A consensual search was conducted on Guyger’s apartment in the hours after the shooting, according to information WFAA obtained from a source close to the investigation that was later confirmed by Merritt.

It is unclear if police took anything during that search. The source said he was unsure if anything was taken because investigators did not provide an inventory.

Lawyers on Friday also accused Dallas police of “preferential treatment” toward Guyger and alleged officers were leaking information to the media.

Search warrants, it should be noted, are court documents and thus are public record. Consensual searches are not public record because they aren’t accompanied by any corresponding court documents.

"And why not post the contents of the perps apartment or whatever bag she was carrying the night of the shooting??"

When Dallas Police turned in the results of the search warrant it included the shell casings from Guyver's gun, her backpack, her vest, two packs of medical aid, the small amount of weed and grinder all in the same report.

The lawyer for the victims family, Lee Merritt, will claim that was a smear against Botham but of course he would. His job is make the police look horrible and to get as large of a settlement out of them for Botham's family (and himself) as he can. He is obviously biased and wouldn't be any good if he wasn't. Also worth noting he is the same lawyer from this wonderful story; After Trooper Falsely Accused Of Rape, Officer With Same Name Gets Death Threats

So where did anyone try to smear Botham Jean's reputation? I posted an article with a lawyer explaining the legal process.

Another quote from myself on the subject;

"Is it legal in Dallas? If not, then its the police job to confiscate it. It and his grinder were taken along with several other items including some of Guyvers. Then a local Fox station keyed in on the weed as one of the items taken. That's not on the police, that's on that news station. The family's lawyer will spin it that way, but that's their job at this point to make the police look bad and get as large a settlement they can (which his family deserves).

For all I care, he could have had a brick of weed in his apartment and that wouldn't justify what happened."

#460Sep 15, 2018

Where's the attempt at a smear???

You falsely claim again that I've been defending George Zimmerman for years which isn't true as I've already proven. Ive never put much thought into the case until the last year and a half or so after reading all the misinformation here.

Speaking of, what is true is that for at least the last four years you have been on this forum claiming George Zimmerman physically assaulted Trayvon Martin first which has never been proven. I've pointed this out to you, and you still use that lie.

So ask yourself, how good is argument really when you have to lie to make it work?

If you gonna claim that someone tried to muddy the reputation of Botham Jean then prove it. But you can't reference the post in which that happened because it doesn't exist.

Now I'm guessing that comment was another one of your passive aggressive attempts to insult me so perhaps you are thinking of these posts from last year;

So where did anyone try to smear Botham Jean's reputation? I posted an article with a lawyer explaining the legal process.

Another quote from myself on the subject;

"Is it legal in Dallas? If not, then its the police job to confiscate it. It and his grinder were taken along with several other items including some of Guyvers. Then a local Fox station keyed in on the weed as one of the items taken. That's not on the police, that's on that news station. The family's lawyer will spin it that way, but that's their job at this point to make the police look bad and get as large a settlement they can (which his family deserves).

For all I care, he could have had a brick of weed in his apartment and that wouldn't justify what happened."

#460Sep 15, 2018

Where's the attempt at a smear???

You falsely claim again that I've been defending George Zimmerman for years which isn't true as I've already proven. Ive never put much thought into the case until the last year and a half or so after reading all the misinformation here.

Speaking of, what is true is that for at least the last four years you have been on this forum claiming George Zimmerman physically assaulted Trayvon Martin first which has never been proven. I've pointed this out to you, and you still use that lie.

So ask yourself, how good is argument really when you have to lie to make it work?

UH...HUHHHHH...

Listen... I get it... You think that private citizens have the authority to stop someone from going home for... Reasons. And that somehow when a person does this, again with no authority, that somehow that's NOT going to end up with the person getting stopped going "Are you a cop? Is the answer no? Well then kindly **** you, there's no reason for me to listen to you" and then the inevitable physical altercation that will result when the ******* stopping the person going home continues to try to exercise the authority they DON'T have.

And if you want to spend social capital on defending this and the proven piece of racist human garbage that killed the unarmed teenager which never would have happened if he hadn't forced a situation in the first place... Go nuts, as you have because you do it at the drop of a hat, just as you consistently play, or at least attempt to, a game of "racial politicts jujitsu" by posting story after story which you think proves all complaints about pervasive or systemic racism are unfounded because hey, here's a story where a person from minority group "X" did something bad.

Go crazy... Just don't have the expectation that other people won't see through the obtuseness of all that.

Oh, and PS the exact same "he's smokes weed" smear was also used to paint Martin as some kind of dangerous criminal so please... Spare me... Just... Spare all of us the nonsense.

UH...HUHHHHH...

Listen... I get it... You think that private citizens have the authority to stop someone from going home for... Reasons. And that somehow when a person does this, again with no authority, that somehow that's NOT going to end up with the person getting stopped going "Are you a cop? Is the answer no? Well then kindly **** you, there's no reason for me to listen to you" and then the inevitable physical altercation that will result when the ******* stopping the person going home continues to try to exercise the authority they DON'T have.

And if you want to spend social capital on defending this and the proven piece of racist human garbage that killed the unarmed teenager which never would have happened if he hadn't forced a situation in the first place... Go nuts, as you have because you do it at the drop of a hat, just as you consistently play, or at least attempt to, a game of "racial politicts jujitsu" by posting story after story which you think proves all complaints about pervasive or systemic racism are unfounded because hey, here's a story where a person from minority group "X" did something bad.

Go crazy... Just don't have the expectation that other people won't see through the obtuseness of all that.

Oh, and PS the exact same "he's smokes weed" smear was also used to paint Martin as some kind of dangerous criminal so please... Spare me... Just... Spare all of us the nonsense.

So you have no real, actual response to anything I just posted. Shocking! Nothing to support the claims you make that I've said this or that. On an internet forum where everything said is recorded and it would be easy to find where someone said something you can't do it.

Once again, you're lying about the Martin/Zimmerman situation. There is no proof that Zimmerman ever stopped Martin from going home. Repeating that lie again, and again, and again, and again doesn't make it come true. How did Zimmerman physically stop Martin from going home when Martin was running ahead of him, with his residence yards away and multiple routes home? Meanwhile Zimmerman has lost sight of him?

But you're not really interested in answering that question because you're not really interested in the truth of what actually happened, only the emotional aspects of the story.

I'll continue to discuss it at the drop of a hat because people here, you especially, will not let it go. More passive aggressive insults because you can't debate me directly on the subject or any other once the facts are presented.

I just explained again the bogus idea of the "marijuana smear" and it goes right over your head because that would mean having to read and understand the article I linked.

Yeah, seems like an awfully big coincidence.

I thought that too. It feels like someone murdered him in retaliation for telling what he knew.

The blue line.

Slain witness in Amber Guyger murder trial was prior victim of gun violence, sources say

Merritt initially tweeted that Brown had been shot in the “mouth and chest.” He tweeted two hours later that where Brown was shot was in dispute and that he had heard from a witness that the wounds were to Brown’s “buttocks and side.”

Merritt also said Brown’s mother told him that Brown had “no known enemies.” He said Brown was ambushed as he was exiting his car at his apartment.

WFAA has also learned that Brown was a victim of gun violence last year.

Last November, Brown was shot and another man was killed outside the Dallas Cabaret strip club on Walnut Ridge Street in Northwest Dallas.

Kendall Deshonn Morris has been indicted on charges of murder and aggravated assault in connection with the incident. He is currently out on bond.

The idea some had spread around that Dallas PD shot him for testifying is nonsensical considering his testimony may have helped Guyger. He testified that he himself had ended up on the wrong floor numerous times.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/crime/article235913537.html

A witness in the Amber Guyger murder trial who was fatally shot last week in Dallas was killed during a drug deal, Dallas police said Tuesday.

Capital murder arrest warrants have been issued for two suspects, Michael Diaz Mitchell and Thaddeous Charles Green, in the killing of 28-year-old Joshua Brown on Friday night at his Dallas apartment complex, Dallas police said in a Tuesday afternoon news conference.

A third suspect, Jacquerious Mitchell, was in custody Tuesday after being wounded in the confrontation with Brown on Friday night in Dallas, said Dallas Assistant Police Chief Avery Moore. The Mitchells are related, but Moore did not make any additional comments on that.

Authorities have gone to two houses in Louisiana looking for Green and Thaddeous Mitchell. Detectives remained in Louisiana on Tuesday searching for the suspects.

Acting on tips received during the homicide investigation, Moore said, 12 pounds of marijuana, more than 140 THC cartridges and more than $4,000 in cash were seized from Brown’s apartment during the investigation.

Jacquerious Mitchell provided these details to Dallas detectives:

Green contacted Brown about a drug deal and his two companions traveled with him from Alexandria, La., to meet Brown, police said.

When they arrived at Brown’s apartment complex, Thaddeous Green got out of a car and talked briefly with Brown before there was a physical altercation.

“Jacquerious Mitchell gets out of the vehicle, but Joshua Brown orders him back in the car and shoots him in the chest,” Moore said. “As Jacquerious Mitchell is lying in the vehicle, he hears two gunshots.”

Thaddeous Green is accused of shooting Joshua Brown, then taking Brown’s backpack and gun. Green jumped into the car which was driven by Michael Mitchell, Dallas police said.

Heh.

https://www.theroot.com/nobody-is-b...sRPELvbGa4D4DlPbbws0NeJq_dSjOknPrdq3e41bmHv10

Their story sounds suspect but no worse than if there was someone else behind it.

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh. And another one. Cop kills woman inside her home
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...33PL0xjmChFHTRUB0vby4lVpq50FuCrT4p63Oco3DFZhA

I expect white people not to know better or care but...damn, it was a black dude that called them. Obviously he didn't mean to get her killed but...siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh. BLACK FOLKS REALLY NEED TO THINK TWICE BEFORE CALLING THE LEGALY PROTECTED MURDER SQUAD. And it should go without saying.

It's ****ed up because of all the **** that a lot of residents don't want to deal with regarding crime yet calling the cops can cause even more problems.

He called a non emergency number for a wellness check. Didnt read the neighbor say anything about suspicious persons or anything.

I watched the bodycam footage. I didnt hear the cop announce his presence or say he's there for a wellness check. Just skulking around in the dark with a freaking flashlight. And then he screams at the woman through a window to show her hands and then shoots like a second later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"