Abuse of Power Thread (Cops, Governments, Etc.) - Part 2

Going back 5 generations? That is 2 more than I knew of.

CNN had a camera, they can't hide when there is a camera on them.

Associated Press - $1.5M to be paid to police chief who displayed Nazi insignia
A Suburban Seattle city will pay more than $1.5 million to settle a dispute with a former assistant police chief who was disciplined for posting a Nazi rank insignia on his office door and joking about the Holocaust.

Ralph, in calling for Kammerzell’s resignation in January, acknowledged that the decision to revisit the discipline issue would likely “come at a high cost.” The city said Friday it would pay him $1,520,000 to resign.

Part of why it's hard to get rid of bad cops:

Had the city simply fired him, officials said, he likely would have won back his job through arbitration due to federal and state labor laws.

The guy is a literal Nazi supporter and firing him was still too much work. The police unions are too strong and the laws protecting them need to be weakened severely.

I mean otherwise, let me join a union that would protect me from failing at my job and being a total *******. Even then I would still be a better person and make the effort more than half of these cops are.

And the cops are rioting again, this time against those protesting Dobbs. Weird how this never happens at right wing protests.

And given how many cops abused their power to sexually harrass women, I'm sure enforcing abortion laws will be fine...

Vice - Cops Put Handcuffed Black Man in Police Van With No Seatbelt. Now He’s Paralyzed.
Richard Cox, 36, is paralyzed from the neck down after New Haven police put him in the back of a prisoner transport van without a seatbelt and came to an abrupt stop, then dragged him into a jail cell.

At the press conference, Crump said Cox’s story bears a striking resemblance to the case of Freddie Gray, the 25-year-old Black man who died in Baltimore police custody after suffering a fatal spine injury. Although his death was ruled a homicide, the officers involved in Gray’s arrest avoided legal consequences.

“This is Freddie Gray’s case on video,” Crump said. “Thank God we have the video so they can’t deny what happened. They can’t deny that they had a man handcuffed and put him in the back of this paddywagon inappropriately.”

So OJ Simpson is upset because some cops got defunded. Saying "Trust me, we need them".

I'm just going to sit in a corner contemplating the reality.

So the city of Asheville police department is getting ready to riot on some protesters, and faked a letter to pre justify it.

I wonder if Microsoft were to release the IP address of the sender if it would end up being the Asheville police department or one of their officers.

High probablity it is but the Asheville PD won't look too closely into that...

Too many cops think they're reenacting Call of Duty or some warzone when and where they are not.

Police have qualified immunity to commit murder. Jailing people illegally isn't going to change much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"