After Nolan's BATMAN trilogy... - Part 1

I think Brad Bird directing 70s style Batman films can be good. Think that era of Batman would fit Birds directing style.

I wonder if Brad Bird would even be allowed to work for WB what with his Disney connections.

They might try and get him to direct a Marvel film in the future. Like future X-Men films or Avengers films. Maybe the reboot Fantastic Four franchise.

The things is, after seeing MI4, I think Bird would be too similar to Nolan. I mean I do want to see Nolan's style have a presence within the Bat movies, but not entirely. And I don't want to somebody like Del Toro take over, because he makes things just too bizarre and far too different from Nolan.

I'm not a supporter of Aronofsky for nothing! :p

His movies are fantastical, but he puts in the blend of realism that feels natural. That's the next step the franchise needs to take...a director that gently leads the movies away from Nolan, while still keeping his influence close to the chest, whilst also doing his own thing...Aronofsky is a good example for what needs to happen for Batman :)

Nolan and Brad Bird are totally different film makers.

Mission Impossible 4 had to fit in with the rest of the series. That limited what Brad Bird could do. But the man is capable of incredible comic book style and vision.

Look at his Pixar movies and Iron Giant. His imagination should not be underestimated.

MI4 was quite similar to Inception IMO. Namely them both being action thrillers :hehe:

I'm growing increasingly fond of the idea of a brad bird batman film, with a screenplay by paul dini and bruce timm. if not him then somebody who'll bring back the fantastical element to batman, like I would love for Guillermo Del Toro to do a batman film.

I haven't seen MI4 yet, but from the clips and footage I've glimpsed, I wouldn't say its *that* similar to Nolan. Yes, they both take place in a vaguely similar "hyper-real" setting, but Nolan has a darker, more brooding sensibility. Bird is more gonzo, less interested in making things realistic than in making them incredible. Sure, this means Batman wouldn't get as deep a psychological examination over the course of the film(s), but we've just gotten that with the Nolan trilogy.

exactly, we've already gotten the cerebral take on batman, hell we got that in the 80's with the Burton films. I think Brad Bird could bring some heart back to the bat films. not saying the character needs to get warm and fuzzy, but that doesn't mean it has be 100% cold and empty.

^ Yeah bascially Bird can bring actual omic book Batman to life. The Avengers proved you can use alot from the comics and make it work on the big screen. Bird is talented so he can do the same for Batman. Show the adventure side of Batman and the fantasy one aswell. Do Mr. Freeze and Riddler justice, Two-Face has been done justice and Bane will most likely be done justice too.

Bird is more likely to make a Marvel movie. He wouldn't risk souring his relationship with Disney in favour of making a Bat movie for their rival companies, not when they own Pixar :p

Bird is more likely to make a Marvel movie. He wouldn't risk souring his relationship with Disney in favour of making a Bat movie for their rival companies, not when they own Pixar :p

I hate to admit it but WB has their head so far up their azz when it comes to DC Entertainment that not only aren't they considering Brad Bird to direct one of their movies, the only thing that they are seriously looking to develop besides the Superman and Batman properties is....Nothing.

They have no clue. Damn waste is what it is. I would love if WB sold DC to Sony. Don't know about the quality but IMO they would at make a real attempt to development many of those rich characters.

What marvel film you think Bird would be best at making? I love to see him direct a Captain America film.

The obvious choice for Bird is FANTASTIC FOUR. A little too obvious, really. I could see him doing Power Pack or something like that. I don't think he's quite proven himself as a live action director yet. Would like to see a few more films before there's serious talk about him making a comic book movie.

If its a team superhero flick I rather him be doing X-Men or Avengers. But for solo guys I like Captain America or Ironman.

I hate to admit it but WB has their head so far up their azz when it comes to DC Entertainment that not only aren't they considering Brad Bird to direct one of their movies, the only thing that they are seriously looking to develop besides the Superman and Batman properties is....Nothing.

They have no clue. Damn waste is what it is. I would love if WB sold DC to Sony. Don't know about the quality but IMO they would at make a real attempt to development many of those rich characters.

It is a waste especially when they have no idea what to do with the characters yet they have Timm/Dini who seem to have no problem creating solid stories for each one of them that people love. Why they don't utilize them for their live-action films is beyond me.

Brad Bird has vision and talent and understands superheros. That's the most important things to direct a great Batman fim.

Don't think he can do something darker?

Who knew George Lucas could do something as imaginative as Star Wars after American Graffiti and THX1138?

Who knew Richard Donner could do a ground-breaking brightly colored Superman movie when his only movie previously was The Omen.

If a director has vision, talent, and understanding of a genre it's all that matters. Brad Bird could do a legendary Batman movie.

Who knew George Lucas could do something as imaginative as Star Wars after American Graffiti and THX1138?
Anyone with an IQ over 80?

The intangibles of Star Wars was very present in both THX and AG.

Brad Bird has vision and talent and understands superheros. That's the most important things to direct a great Batman fim.

Don't think he can do something darker?

It's pretty obvious after those two movies that Lucas had some range as a director. Not a ton, but some.

Who knew Richard Donner could do a ground-breaking brightly colored Superman movie when his only movie previously was The Omen.

I don't think anyone knew anyone could do a ground breaking Superman movie.

Richard Donner,however, had directed quite a few live action projects before THE OMEN.

My issue with Brad Bird has nothing to do with what tone he could do...but with his actual talent as a live action director. Wasn't all that impressed with MI4. I found his directing work to be pretty average action movie stuff. I don't want to go from Chris Nolan to someone who MIGHT be talented enough to be good enough to follow up one of the best superhero franchises ever.

and I thought his visual inventiveness is what made me interested in the film. I haven't seen any other MI film before it. the hall way screen sequence alone was fantastic.

My issue with Brad Bird has nothing to do with what tone he could do...but with his actual talent as a live action director. Wasn't all that impressed with MI4. I found his directing work to be pretty average action movie stuff. I don't want to go from Chris Nolan to someone who MIGHT be talented enough to be good enough to follow up one of the best superhero franchises ever.

Well Serenity gave no indication that Avengers would become a cultural phenomenon and the 3rd highest grossing movie of all time.

Anyone with an IQ over 80?

The intangibles of Star Wars was very present in both THX and AG.

THX gives no hint of imagination and cultural impact of Star Wars.

The movies may have a similar theme about rebelling against a tyranical system but they couldn't be any more different in many of other ways.

Most people would be bored to death or weirded out watching THX which is a bleak nightmarish art film.

Star Wars is an imaginative and fun space opera blockbuster with wookies, jedi and light sabers.

No one knew at the time George Lucas had such a vision with so much ground-breaking potential nesting in his brain.

No one.

It's far more plausible that Bird would direct a Disney/Marvel movie than a WB/DC one. Disney would easily snap him up because they own his main bread and butter, Pixar.

And I agree that he would be the perfect director for the FF reboot.

Brad Bird is too big for Fantastic Four.

He needs a bigger franchise: Avengers, Batman, or Justice League.

I think a Justice League movie would definitely suit him best. But it's more than likely he'll be nabbed Disney and Marvel.

Perhaps if he gave up his love for Pixar things would be different :hehe:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"