Agent Carter Agent Carter - S01E01 "Now Is Not The End"

I'm surprised you're taking that statement as a 'fix' because it creates another continuity issue because the SSR Director in the One-Shot is named John Lynch, while the SSR Director in the series is named Roger Dooley.

I just take the statement as bad wording. The link I have which is also last year makes it more clear IMO and is also more recent.

Below is just a snippet from it...

"We like that richness of not being respected by everyone else and, by the end of the one-shot, she won. We'd like to live there a little longer. So the easy answer is, and we reserve the right to change this, this all happens before the one-shot."

The scene was probably used as it was an action scene and they thoughtlessly included it. If you just take it as a generic action scene there are no problems.

Last edited:
So, the writer McFeely is arguing with himself about when the show takes place?

HILARIOUS

And I'm in the wrong for daring to question it when the guy writing it can't seem to keep it straight?

But the fact remains...what makes the most sense is if the show is doing what he said in this interview, which is placing the show in the middle of the One Shot.
http://collider.com/agent-carter-tv-series-christopher-markus-stephen-mcfeely

If you have a problem with it...call the writer of the show a troll, not me.

Moving on...

Ah I got nothing. (Ms. Atwell was great btw)

Made a few more wallpapers lol

After a second viewing (at work), I must confess this is a really solid episode. The intro portion at the beginning has several shots of Peggy kicking some butt, plus having some conversations with good old Captain America and Mr. Stark. I know the some of the kick butt segments are from the One Shot, but I don't think this is supposed to state that the One Shot happened prior to the series.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the One Shot happens after the series, or at least the first season. I guess we'll find out by the end of February.

I think Dooley is the mole/bad guy. It explains why he is so hot after Stark and would rather keep people occupied and nowhere close to looking elsewhere.

Also makes it easy for when Dooley is caught/busted, he's replaced by someone else (Possibly Lynch).

At one point I was wondering if Leviathan was a code name for Hydra (it still might be, can't tell yet) but I was hoping we would get expanded info on Zodiac...that kinda seems like a Zodiac symbol a guy was writing in the sand with his finger right?

You are incorrect, according to the writers of the show...this mini-series takes place in the middle of the One Shot...which is EXACTLY what I suggested would need to be the case.

That's picking nits. The case still holds true. Stark hasn't formed SHIELD and Peggy is still at the SSR. There are no continuity errors so far as I can tell.

I think Dooley is the mole/bad guy. It explains why he is so hot after Stark and would rather keep people occupied and nowhere close to looking elsewhere.

Also makes it easy for when Dooley is caught/busted, he's replaced by someone else (Possibly Lynch).

At one point I was wondering if Leviathan was a code name for Hydra (it still might be, can't tell yet) but I was hoping we would get expanded info on Zodiac...that kinda seems like a Zodiac symbol a guy was writing in the sand with his finger right?

I theorized on this quite some time ago...but no one cared to discuss the Agent Carter show because they wanted to talk about me.

Leviathan is an opposing group...kind of a Russian Hydra. In the comics, a group is supposed to share tech, but the Russians betray them, start Leviathan, and SHIELD/Hydra opposes them.

The symbol looks a bit like the Aries symbol to me (though, unfinished, with a squiggle line through it)...and in the comics, Aries was involved in trying to get these groups together in the first place. So, even though the story is quite different, it makes sense to include Aries if they are doing Leviathan.

Plus...as you said...Zodiac was/will be/not even the writer seems certain involved.

If you throw in a crooked SSR agent and potentially Vanko selling the arc reactor, you have a lot of moving parts, but it can be done.

That's picking nits. The case still holds true. Stark hasn't formed SHIELD and Peggy is still at the SSR. There are no continuity errors so far as I can tell.

All I know is, the writer of the show seems awfully unsure of when it takes place...giving conflicting quotes about the time frame.

But since you guys are all so positive, maybe Marvel should hire you guys...you know how this show fits into the timeline better than the people being paid to fit it in!

Moving on to other things, one bit I found interesting. I had originally thought that Tony based J.A.R.V.I.S based on the personality/memory patterns of Edwin Jarvis. It seems clear that Tony named J. out of affection for a person who was probably closer to him in his formative years than Howard was, but clearly J.A.R.V.I.S. and Jarvis are very, very different characters.

Edwin Jarvis has none of the sarcastic banter that JARVIS has. Edwin Jarvis, is very much a naive guy who is caught up in the thrill of adventure. He's very British, prim and proper, but he enjoys the rush and adrenalin. JARVIS cares little about adventure. He has his orders to carry out, but he has a very skeptical view of Iron Man.

Anyway, I'd always wondered if they'd introduce the human Jarvis and now that they have, I really like the angle they have played with both him and the A.I. JARVIS. Where the Jarvis from the comics, there were clear comparisons to Alfred, in the MCU they have drawn enough distinctions between both versions of Jarvis and any incarnation of Alfred we have seen, other than the fact they are all butlers.

All I know is, the writer of the show seems awfully unsure of when it takes place...giving conflicting quotes about the time frame.

But since you guys are all so positive, maybe Marvel should hire you guys...you know how this show fits into the timeline better than the people being paid to fit it in!

How about this...drop it now. I have enough complaints about you and several of the staff have told you to drop it....so just drop it already.

I dropped it a long time ago and people keep bringing it up...yet you only direct this to me? Funny how that works...I'm the one whose been trying to get people to drop the issue!

The quotes from the writer SHOULD have ended the discussion...but for some reason people won't let it drop.

However...since you're a mod...maybe you could just tell EVERYONE that the writers quotes are contradictory...so the issue is unresolvable at the moment. I mean...that sounds fair to me. The quotes ARE contradictory...there is NO WAY that ANYONE on this forum can know for sure what the timeline is...so they should probably stop attacking me over it.

Moving on to other things, one bit I found interesting. I had originally thought that Tony based J.A.R.V.I.S based on the personality/memory patterns of Edwin Jarvis. It seems clear that Tony named J. out of affection for a person who was probably closer to him in his formative years than Howard was, but clearly J.A.R.V.I.S. and Jarvis are very, very different characters.

Edwin Jarvis has none of the sarcastic banter that JARVIS has. Edwin Jarvis, is very much a naive guy who is caught up in the thrill of adventure. He's very British, prim and proper, but he enjoys the rush and adrenalin. JARVIS cares little about adventure. He has his orders to carry out, but he has a very skeptical view of Iron Man.

Anyway, I'd always wondered if they'd introduce the human Jarvis and now that they have, I really like the angle they have played with both him and the A.I. JARVIS. Where the Jarvis from the comics, there were clear comparisons to Alfred, in the MCU they have drawn enough distinctions between both versions of Jarvis and any incarnation of Alfred we have seen, other than the fact they are all butlers.

Yes, I think Tony just approximated Jarvis's personality when he created J.A.R.V.I.S. rather than some ghost in the machine type stuff.

Yes, I think Tony just approximated Jarvis's personality when he created J.A.R.V.I.S. rather than some ghost in the machine type stuff.

Or maybe it was originally based off of the human Jarvis, but in true Marvel AI fashion over time, developed it's own personality?

For example in the comics, Vision's brain patterns are based off of Simon Willaims and although there have been issues were they covered what simular likes/dislikes they have, they really are unique to each other.

Can we discuss the fact that Hugh Jones is part of the show? You know, the serpent crown wearing founder of the serpent squad closely associated with the squadron supreme? played by Ray 'Leeland Palmer' Wise? And ignore Heretic just not letting it go?

Or maybe it was originally based off of the human Jarvis, but in true Marvel AI fashion over time, developed it's own personality?

For example in the comics, Vision's brain patterns are based off of Simon Willaims and although there have been issues were they covered what simular likes/dislikes they have, they really are unique to each other.
That or the Edwin Jarvis changed (due to various life experiences, changed views, etc) between now and when Tony knows him. I mean, Tony won't be born for another, what, 25 years or so? I'd say that's enough time to develop a sarcastic streak and become more skeptical about certain things.

Just throwing it out there ;)

Can we discuss the fact that Hugh Jones is part of the show? You know, the serpent crown wearing founder of the serpent squad closely associated with the squadron supreme? played by Ray 'Leeland Palmer' Wise? And ignore Heretic just not letting it go?

I did not know that Wise's character was another from the comics. But indeed he is!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Jones_(comics)

Last edited:
To the mods...

I "let it go" over 24 hours ago.

However, as I accurately predicted many hours ago...people continue to bash me, continue to make the conversation about me...continue to lie and say that there is some issue that I refuse to let go. No matter how many times I beg for the subject to change, no matter how many times I clarify my position (which is CORRECT), they continue to post about me.

Please start moderating this thread and informing people to stop talking about me. Harassment and trolling are not supposed to be allowed on this board.

This hasn't been about continuity in over 24 hours...ever since its been people trolling me just for the sake of harassment. There is not a single person who has posted about me in the past day who has accurately described what my ACTUAL point was...and my ACTUAL point has been proven to be correct, after I dropped it YESTERDAY.

Further comments about me and falsehoods about some imagined stance that I am taking MUST SURELY be harassment and trolling.

I did not know that Wise's character was another from the comics. But indeed he is!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Jones_(comics)
Yeah, I mentioned it yesterday once or twice and given the importance of thecharacter in 616 I really wanted to discuss it (also a possible Serpent Squad-Leviathan connection) but for some reaseons sombody obsessed with two seconds of reused footage hijacked the Hype forums the whole day

To the mods...

I "let it go" over 24 hours ago.

However, as I accurately predicted many hours ago...people continue to bash me, continue to make the conversation about me...continue to lie and say that there is some issue that I refuse to let go. No matter how many times I beg for the subject to change, no matter how many times I clarify my position (which is CORRECT), they continue to post about me.

Please start moderating this thread and informing people to stop talking about me. Harassment and trolling are not supposed to be allowed on this board.

This hasn't been about continuity in over 24 hours...ever since its been people trolling me just for the sake of harassment. There is not a single person who has posted about me in the past day who has accurately described what my ACTUAL point was...and my ACTUAL point has been proven to be correct, after I dropped it YESTERDAY.

Further comments about me and falsehoods about some imagined stance that I am taking MUST SURELY be harassment and trolling.
This has been about YOU recently because YOU will not drop it or let it go...YOU feel you need to be vindicated so YOU will not ignore a single comment, YOU are continuing this. Everyone else wants it dropped, but because YOU continue to post about it they feel compelled to rebut YOU....so if YOU would start ignoring the posts where people are rebutting YOUR posts then we would not have anymore posts about YOU.

So....let me make this clear to everyone...and I mean EVERYONE....and yes, that includes you Heretic.......

EVERYONE IGNORE THE COMMENTS MADE BY HERETIC OVER THE CONTINUITY THING IN QUESTION. DO NOT QUOTE ANY OF HIS POSTS ABOUT THIS....DO NOT POST A REBUTTLE TO ANY OF HIS POSTS ABOUT THIS....DO NOT MENTION IT AT ALL OR THAT WILL BE THE ONLY THING DISCUSSED IN THE ENTIRE SHARON CARTER FORUM!!!!!!! HERETIC.....DO NOT RESPOND TO ANY POSTS THAT HAVE QUOTED YOU OR ARE RESPONDING TO YOU ABOUT THIS CONTINUITY THING...DROP IT...STOP IT....MOVE ON IN YOUR LIFE......

What do you think the chances are we will see Stark eventually make the "Grandmother" to Lola? He was REAL close in CA:TFA.

By others...he is including me in that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"