• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Agent Carter Agent Carter - S01E01 "Now Is Not The End"

Actually, people are STILL claiming that it is not an error. That is why I started arguing that it is. If people weren't claiming that its not a continuity error, then there would be no reason for me to have to point out why it is.

If its no big deal to you, then that is a totally different matter.

Oh, see...you apparently think that "some people" means C Lee and that I was absolutely talking about you in every word of that.
When you quote ME...and then say something like that....then yeah, I think you are talking about ME. If you want to make a general statement about a group of people...do not quote one individual and then make the statement.

When you quote ME...and then say something like that....then yeah, I think you are talking about ME. If you want to make a general statement about a group of people...do not quote one individual and then make the statement.

Oh...see...I didn't even know that you were taking that stance. I thought that maybe you were saying that some people will accept anything...like "Geez...that guy likes Ghost Rider 2" kind of comment...turns out, I was wrong.

But no worries...I have invented a storyline in my head that eliminates the continuity issue. Despite some people's claims, there IS an issue...but if I jump through enough hoops I can resolve it in my mind using imaginary adventures. I guess my issue is that I shouldn't have to do that.

I have no problem with those who accept that it is an error and move on because they enjoy the show. My issue is with those jumping through hoops to say that it is NOT a continuity error and calling me a troll for pointing out that is one.
IIRC, this whole monkeyfighting discussion started with everybody agreeing, that yes, it is a small continuity error but no big deal. Then YOU insisted it was a big deal, accused everybody and their moms & when people started to rationalize the error just because YOU can get an explanation you might be okay with things (and with things I mean actually you, Heretic) got really ugly.
That behavior I consider borderline trolling but at the very least it is incredible annoying

Oh...see...I didn't even know that you were taking that stance. I thought that maybe you were saying that some people will accept anything...like "Geez...that guy likes Ghost Rider 2" kind of comment...turns out, I was wrong.
I have been on here long enough to know that there every type of person imaginable on here....some will accept everything without question, some will hate everything without question, some will like part, etc etc etc.....and some just like to complain about things in general.....

I made a comment about something you said that had absolutely nothing to do with the Carter "one shot" that has you riled...

You responded in general (but right after another poster quoted what I said) about how "everyone else" on here would react to something....so I quoted only the first part of your post that could have been referring to me and answered it.

You then quoted my response and made a statement about how some people will love anything...which I then rebutted.

But no worries...I have invented a storyline in my head that eliminates the continuity issue. Despite some people's claims, there IS an issue...but if I jump through enough hoops I can resolve it in my mind using imaginary adventures. I guess my issue is that I shouldn't have to do that.
First of all...I am not worried in the least about this....mainly because I have not seen the one shot so I have no opinion on it one way or the other, and secondly because I have seen nothing in movies or TV that has been 100% absolutely perfect in continuity. I have seen some giant continuity errors that make the least observant person scream to the gods that something is wrong, and I have seen the most minute of errors that mean absolutely nothing really in the long run....since I have not seen the "one shot" I can't comment on how bad this is, so have no worries about it or how you deal with it.

Secondly, from what I have read in here, the only person who has "issue" with the continuity is you...so if they have no problem with it...continuilly griping about it and attacking the posters who don't have a problem with it just makes you an annoyance.....and annoyances can easily turn into problems if they can't control themselves.

IIRC, this whole monkeyfighting discussion started with everybody agreeing, that yes, it is a small continuity error but no big deal. Then YOU insisted it was a big deal, accused everybody and their moms & when people started to rationalize the error just because YOU can get an explanation you might be okay with things (and with things I mean actually you, Heretic) got really ugly.
That behavior I consider borderline trolling but at the very least it is incredible annoying

Then you dont remember correctly.

Some said it was an error, but no big deal. Some said it wasnt even an error at all. I...NOT TALKING TO THOSE WHO SAID IT WAS A SMALL ERROR...corrected those who claimed that it wasn't an issue at all. Some of those who viewed it as a small error then jumped in bashing me...because I dared to criticize the show, I guess. It ended up being those who didn't think it was a big deal siding with those who didnt think it was an error at all against me because I actually bothered to point out that it exists.

People with functioning eyes will note that I have repeatedly said that my comments were not directed at those who accepted it but thought that it was a small deal...that my comments were exclusively to those claiming that it wasn't an issue at all.

And yes...I can justify the error to myself...BY INVENTING NONEXISTENT STORIES. I shouldn't have to do that!

Is it a small deal? Maybe...its not huge. These things happen in something as massive as the MCU. My issue is SOLELY that people have claimed that it was not an issue at all and didn't need to be addressed. Those people apparently invented imaginary stories in their heads to justify it...and then...for some reason...now think that their imaginary stories are officially part of the MCU and everyone should just accept their word for it.

5sn6W9Z.gif

Secondly, from what I have read in here, the only person who has "issue" with the continuity is you...so if they have no problem with it...continuilly griping about it and attacking the posters who don't have a problem with it just makes you an annoyance.....and annoyances can easily turn into problems if they can't control themselves.

Thats kind of my point. I think it's baffling that there is what appears to be (meaning...you have to invent imaginary stories to make it work) a giant continuity error...and people not only dont care...but they refuse to accept that it is even there.

I mean...I guess I can see where it could get annoying though. But you have to understand...when someone watches the One Shot and the first episode and doesn't see an issue at all that should be resolved...minor...major...whatever...NO ISSUE...than its just...confusing.

And no one here has been attacked more than I have. But you know...thats okay because Agent Carter was awesome and its wrong to have any problems with it.

Last edited:
Then you dont remember correctly.

Some said it was an error, but no big deal. Some said it wasnt even an error at all. I...NOT TALKING TO THOSE WHO SAID IT WAS A SMALL ERROR...corrected those who claimed that it wasn't an issue at all. Some of those who viewed it as a small error then jumped in bashing me...because I dared to criticize the show, I guess. It ended up being those who didn't think it was a big deal siding with those who didnt think it was an error at all against me because I actually bothered to point out that it exists.

People with functioning eyes will note that I have repeatedly said that my comments were not directed at those who accepted it but thought that it was a small deal...that my comments were exclusively to those claiming that it wasn't an issue at all.

And yes...I can justify the error to myself...BY INVENTING NONEXISTENT STORIES. I shouldn't have to do that!

Is it a small deal? Maybe...its not huge. These things happen in something as massive as the MCU. My issue is SOLELY that people have claimed that it was not an issue at all and didn't need to be addressed. Those people apparently invented imaginary stories in their heads to justify it...and then...for some reason...now think that their imaginary stories are officially part of the MCU and everyone should just accept their word for it.
I'll write this in the biggest font possible because maybe you will understand me if I type real big:
they were not 'inventing stories', they were comining up with possible rationalizations for a minor error that might not even be an error at all, because we have not enough information yet to know this for certain, just to stop you from repeating over and over again that this potential error is somehow ruining all our lives or whatever nonsense you were saying.
I'm really losing patience with you, Heretic. I wasn't that annoyed by another poster since Alexei left us

Anywhoooooooo…

So, I want to talk the dynamics between Peggy and Jarvis. Apologies if this was brought up earlier in this thread. But Peggy was just dynamic with him. I loved the role reversal, with Peggy getting the Bruce Wayne/James Bond treatment and Jarvis her Alfred/Q. Not only did they nail the comedic parts, but D'Arcy insisting that Peggy not do what she does alone as he was bandaging her up was so touching.

Though I do detect sparks between Peggy/Souza. Gjokaj is in the running for Celeb Crush '15. Um, ditto Dominic Cooper.

Actually, there wasn't a single character Atwell didn't spark with. She was so good. So. Effing. Good.

I need all the episodes now. Damn.

Lyndsy Fonseca !! I forgot she was in it .

She has gotta be a sleeper agent. If there was no Jarvis I could have seen how she would somehow get dragged in to the wider story as Peggy's sidekick .As it is she may be a bad guy .I definitely think that the PTB wouldn't have hired that actress to just serve pie given what she has been doing for the last few years .

I am convinced (until the show dashes my hopes) that Fonseca is Yelena Belova (sp?) the 1st Black Widow, I think? I mean, she and Vanko could be in cahoots, yeah?

Okay… it sounded good in my head… :woot:

Anywhoooooooo…

So, I want to talk the dynamics between Peggy and Jarvis. Apologies if this was brought up earlier in this thread. But Peggy was just dynamic with him. I loved the role reversal, with Peggy getting the Bruce Wayne/James Bond treatment and Jarvis her Alfred/Q. Not only did they nail the comedic parts, but D'Arcy insisting that Peggy not do what she does alone as he was bandaging her up was so touching.

Though I do detect sparks between Peggy/Souza. Gjokaj is in the running for Celeb Crush '15. Um, ditto Dominic Cooper.

Actually, there wasn't a single character Atwell didn't spark with. She was so good. So. Effing. Good.

I need all the episodes now. Damn.
Yeah, she kind of has chemistry with everyone, doesn't she? Sign of a star right there. :up:

But Peggy was just dynamic with him. I loved the role reversal, with Peggy getting the Bruce Wayne/James Bond treatment and Jarvis her Alfred/Q. Not only did they nail the comedic parts, but D'Arcy insisting that Peggy not do what she does alone as he was bandaging her up was so touching.
I don't know about 'touching', but I agree that this scene was very well made.
Jarvis is the second best butler on CBTV shows right now and would be the best if Pertwees Alfred in Gotham wasn't so fricking badass

I don't know about 'touching', but I agree that this scene was very well made.
Jarvis is the second best butler on CBTV shows right now and would be the best if Pertwees Alfred in Gotham wasn't so fricking badass

I guess it's a question of personal taste. I found myself getting a little choked up during that moment, not just Peggy trying to be stubborn (and also a little arrogant), but having her rose-colored glasses on with Steve. She, of all people should've known that Rogers had Bucky and the Commandos and her backing him up every step of the way. But she's been on her own for so long now, trying to regain the position of power she had during the war, that she doesn't think she can have anyone on her side, that if they help her out that's some evidence that she's too weak. Even awesome support from poor Souza and Jarvis.

I loved Atwell's vulnerability and arrogance in that moment. It got me in my dark shell of a :hrt:

Easily my favourite pilot for a comic book show in recent years. And if it continues with the quality, I see it being my favourite of the 6 on air right now. It definitely has the best lead of them, in my opinion.

I guess it's a question of personal taste. I found myself getting a little choked up during that moment, not just Peggy trying to be stubborn (and also a little arrogant), but having her rose-colored glasses on with Steve. She, of all people should've known that Rogers had Bucky and the Commandos and her backing him up every step of the way. But she's been on her own for so long now, trying to regain the position of power she had during the war, that she doesn't think she can have anyone on her side, that if they help her out that's some evidence that she's too weak. Even awesome support from poor Souza and Jarvis.

I loved Atwell's vulnerability and arrogance in that moment. It got me in my dark shell of a :hrt:
It's a sense of pride I can relate with too, even moreso in her scene with Souza. I was in a similar spot a decade or so ago around my coming out. Those scenes are nice little touches

Well put :up:

I'll write this in the biggest font possible because maybe you will understand me if I type real big:
they were not 'inventing stories', they were comining up with possible rationalizations for a minor error that might not even be an error at all, because we have not enough information yet to know this for certain, just to stop you from repeating over and over again that this potential error is somehow ruining all our lives or whatever nonsense you were saying.
I'm really losing patience with you, Heretic. I wasn't that annoyed by another poster since Alexei left us

I must be the only one who can view the posts of those who have said that there is no continuity conflict. People HAVE posted that there is NO conflict between the two. Those people are WRONG. There is a conflict...but its one that the viewer can explain away by jumping through some hoops.

I also have rationalized a potential solution to this error that DOES exist. I called it making up stories...you dont like that wording...whatever...the fact is that Marvel has not bothered to fix it yet...and when you view the One Shot on its own, there does not appear to be any need for a space in time to be created, nor does including space even make sense in the story. It becomes both a prequel and a sequel to this mini-series. When viewed together, there is a continuity problem. If people want to say that they don't care...then thats wonderful...but I'm not a troll just because I do care and hope that Marvel does a better job in the future. Since AT THE MOMENT its a continuity error, it should not be off-limits for people to complain about this error. The people who have an issue with this error should not be labelled trolls. The show is not perfect. No movie or show is. We should be able to discuss its imperfections without attacking people and trying to pretend that the imperfections don't exist.

Again...and I know this will be ignored...my issue is SOLELY with those who claim that no continuity error exists because they have fixed it in their own mind with invented stories or assume that Marvel will fix it themselves someday. Until/unless Marvel fixes it, a continuity issue most certainly does exist. If you accept that one exists...regardless of your thoughts on that...then this comment is not for you and there is no reason for you to think that I am talking to you.

Well,in fairness,it did seem rather odd that the guy could immediately get over his flashblindness and be in good enough senses to run/drive himself out of a huge complex that Peggy & Jarvis barely made it out of in a speeding car before the ginormous explosion.

If you want to say it's contrived,yeah,sure.I won't be losing any sleep over it though.:shrug:

Well,in fairness,it did seem rather odd that the guy could immediately get over his flashblindness and be in good enough senses to run/drive himself out of a huge complex that Peggy & Jarvis barely made it out of in a speeding car before the ginormous explosion.

If you want to say it's contrived,yeah,sure.I won't be losing any sleep over it though.:shrug:

Yeah...they wanted that follow-up scene, so they got there. They couldn't really explain it in a way that made sense, so they simply decided to not bother explaining it. Some may have no issue with that. Personally, I think it's incredibly lazy writing and expect better from the talent involved in this show. For me, it is made worse that they made some poor continuity decisions in the beginning of episode 1, and then in the beginning of episode 2 showed that there was a lack of care in making the events from even the first episode make sense in connection to the second. The two together makes me quite worried about the show going forward. That doesn't make me a troll. It makes me a guy with an opinion. That doesn't mean that I'm right...but it certainly doesn't mean that people mocking my opinion and calling me a troll are right either. In fact, it kind of makes them trolls, since criticism is allowed on this board.

Absolutely blown away and proud of Hayley, very classy. I thought she'd be good but this was great. It helps I for one really liked the first Captain America movie a lot and so I'm glad we get to spend more time in that world, if even for one season. I hope we get another.

For me it felt more like a movie because of the setting and production value. I can see why they might make a lot less episodes as I think one reason is it must be a lot more expensive to produce than say, Agents of Shield.

Yeah, if one wanted to boil it down to a little blurb you could say that if you liked or loved CA:TFA then you will probably enjoy this show. If CA:TFA didn't do it for you then this probably won't either.

I have a lot of Peggymeta floating in my head after those first two episodes. I also think it's another aspect of the interesting sexism stuff they're playing around with.

Heretic, what does it matter to you if some people don't see the usage of generic action footage from the One Shot as constituting a continuity error?

Just finished walking the first two episodes and LOVED them! Everything about this show is such perfection thus far. Enjoyed every minute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"