Agent Carter Agent Carter - S01E02 "Bridge and Tunnel"

My ears sure perked up at the mention of the Goodman, Lieber, Kurtzberg & Holliway law firm.

Oooh, how far are you? Such an underrated show. :hrt:

And yeah, I hadn't thought about it, but it would be really cool if they brought in original Black Widow. :up:

Only through episode 9. We're also watching Justified too ;)

NIKITA is brilliant. I want Fonseca to get a chance to kick a ton of butt here too ;)

What was Kevin Heffernan doing in this? Seems like an unusual bit of casting even for a bit part.

I am really desperate for her to be Black Widow #1. It would seem like such a waste of Fonseca's talents if she didn't have a more action-y role.

I'm not sure why it's a waste of her talents to give her a role that isn't typecasting her. It seems like she's doing a fabulous job so far.

What was Kevin Heffernan doing in this? Seems like an unusual bit of casting even for a bit part.

THAT'S HIM! Kept racking my brain about who he is, maybe he shows up in future eps.

Yeah, but I'd pretty much do anything to get my butt kicked by Hayley too :hrt:

I'm not sure why it's a waste of her talents to give her a role that isn't typecasting her. It seems like she's doing a fabulous job so far.

That's true. I guess I just want her to kick some butt too and be a canon Marvel character.

She is really great though. Like, she looks at Peggy like she really wants to be her friend... Can't blame her.

That's true. I guess I just want her to kick some butt too and be a canon Marvel character.

She is really great though. Like, she looks at Peggy like she really wants to be her friend... Can't blame her.

If she kicks butt it is most likely going to be Peggy's. "Did somebody order betrayal?"

It's not like Fonseca only does "ass-kicking" roles. Her roles in Kick-Ass and How I Met Your Mother certainly weren't. It's just that Nikita is probably her most famous role, she's proven that she can do those kinds of roles well, and this is a comic book show centered around a kickass heroine who's also a spy. So it just fits.

If she kicks butt it is most likely going to be Peggy's. "Did somebody order betrayal?"

Ever since I heard that Peggy will be dealing w/ some sort of betrayal, I've been keeping my fingers crossed that she'll cross paths with Black Widow #1. And either Fonseca or Regan would be perfect for that.

When is Bridget Regan supposed to start airing?

It's not like Fonseca only does "ass-kicking" roles. Her roles in Kick-Ass and How I Met Your Mother certainly weren't. It's just that Nikita is probably her most famous role, she's proven that she can do those kinds of roles well, and this is a comic book show centered around a kickass heroine who's also a spy. So it just fits.

Yeah, pretty much the reason I want her to be Peggy's "reluctant" nemesis or something. An interesting foil for Peggy, in that she's her "mark" but actually starts caring for Peggy… and then has to betray her. The MCU has Raina, they could use another great female villain/character of ambiguous loyalty.

Only through episode 9. We're also watching Justified too ;)

NIKITA is brilliant. I want Fonseca to get a chance to kick a ton of butt here too ;)
Heck yeah, that's some good TV watching. And trust me, the best stuff is yet to come with Nikita! I think the 2nd half of S2 is easily the best run of the series. But that show's one of the rare ones that never really faced any kind of significant drop in quality throughout it's entire run, imo, so it's all good. :up:

It would definitely be fun to see her kick butt here too. I like your idea of her being the "reluctant" nemesis. But at the same time, I can see how it would be nice to just let Peggy have a normal, actual friend, haha, so I'd be happy either way I guess.

Oooh, how far are you? Such an underrated show. :hrt:

And yeah, I hadn't thought about it, but it would be really cool if they brought in original Black Widow. :up:
Also was thinking about the first 3-D man. Wasn't he around in the 50's?

Wow, this show is off to an amazing start, it's got an Alias type of vibe mixed with Marvel comic book goodness. Why the heck couldn't Agents of Shield start off like this when it debuted. I'm loving Peggy, she's tough, kickass and one hell of an agent.

I'm willing to cut them some slack with how AoS started out. It was Marvel's first serious foray into live action TV since the old days of Bixby and Ferrigno. At least with the MCU movies they were able to hit the ground running with the first Iron Man movie because they'd spent the previous decade watching New Line, LionsGate, Universal, Fox & Sony adapt their characters to film and had clearly been taking good notes on what did and didn't work with all their 16 live action Marvel films that went before Iron Man. And making a good TV show and a good theatrical movie series are different challenges. Thankfully, they improved quick enough on the TV front.

Yes, the current state of Agents of SHIELD and the debut of this show prove that they are very much finding their footing at this point, and it's exciting to watch. Makes me even more hyped for the Netflix shows.

Yeah, in HIMYM there was no action from Fonseca's character. She just sat on a couch for 9 years. :hehe:

Maybe just Jarvis who reminded me of Giles. He dressed like librarian era G man

Last edited:
Nope. I got a Steed and Mrs Peel vibe from them.

Peggy may be close to Mrs Peel but Mr Steed was a cool cold professional which Jarvis is most definitely not. Jarvis comes from the great tradition of unflappable ultra competent British butlers like Jeeves except he has an actual separate home life from Howard and Peggy.

So...Carter's friend...is she anyone in the comics or connected to anyone in the comics? Or is she an original character?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"