• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - S2E7 "The Writing on the Wall"

Why can't they be introduced ? This is all in the same universe after all. So why cant they ?

Highly unlikely since Marvel has been hiring key production people first before casting characters for the film . I dont see casting happening for television without a directors input for the film.

Well,I'm pretty glad to see the "writing" storyline wrapped up.Of course,it brings even more questions of what this "city" is.

The hunt for Ward was the cooler plot.Nice to see Ward still working for SHIELD.After all,he gave them the Ralph Bashki guy.:awesome:

I'm not a fan of going back to the disturbing imagery,but it gave Gregg a chance to show off his acting chops again.

Last edited:
I actually believe that Ward was saying that since Strucker was overseas, then there had to be someone in charge in the US that he could talk to (promopting Bakshi to mention Whitehall).

But one thing I did miss...what happened to that tattoo guy? SHIELD jail?

Coulson mentioned he was handed over to the authorities for crimes he committed "before Tahiti".

At the recent press conference, Kevin Fiege said that we'd be seeing a build-up or clues or something (I forget the actual word) to the Inhumans sooner than we think. That means that it's not too soon.

Well,I'm pretty glad to see the "writing" storyline wrapped up.Of course,it brings even more questions of what this "city" is.

The hunt for Ward was the cooled plot.Nice to see Ward still working for SHIELD.After all,he gave them the Ralph Bashki guy.:awesome:

I'm not a fan of going back to the disturbing imagery,but it gave Gregg a chance to show off his acting chops again.

Ralph Bakshi lol

I'd much rather see an old mystery replaced with a new one than dragging out the same one forever. Events feel like they're moving at a good clip. dropping the monster of the week crap helps too.

At the recent press conference, Kevin Fiege said that we'd be seeing a build-up or clues or something (I forget the actual word) to the Inhumans sooner than we think. That means that it's not too soon.
Man Can't wait, if it does happen on Shield

This is worth a rewatch.
The memory scenes were really well done. The patients freaking out reminded me of the movie: "Jacob's Ladder".

It's gotta be attilan what else could it be maybe an older attilan like I saw someone else said that way you introduce it but not blow your wad on it on tv.

This is worth a rewatch.
The memory scenes were really well done. The patients freaking out reminded me of the movie: "Jacob's Ladder".

yeah that was pretty creepy. :up:

Was nice to watch an episode live for a change but man online viewing, Netflix and dvr have killed my attention span. If I can't rewind I'm screwed. I feel like I missed half the episode despite not moving out of my chair.

This is worth a rewatch.
INDEED it IS worth a rewatch!

I'm seeing people mention that they name-dropped Micro from Punisher...anyone got a quote that backs that up?

Was nice to watch an episode live for a change but man online viewing, Netflix and dvr have killed my attention span. If I can't rewind I'm screwed. I feel like I missed half the episode despite not moving out of my chair.

Dont smoke while you watch man.:cwink:

Unless this is an abandoned city on Earth, but the Inhumans live on the moon now.... ;)

They live on the moon presently in the comics, but where they are in the Marvel Cinematic Universe remains to be seen.

lol Wait til you're my age WT lol It gets rough. I love rewatching shows like Shield tho. There's almost always hidden stuff like "Trust Cap"

Dont smoke while you watch man.:cwink:

3hcO9rY.gif

lol Wait til you're my age WT lol It gets rough. I love rewatching shows like Shield tho. There's almost always hidden stuff like "Trust Cap"

Shoot I'm not that far behind you. I don't mind a rewatch either tho

They live on the moon presently in the comics, but where they are in the Marvel Cinematic Universe remains to be seen.

Heh, where have you been? They're in New York in the comics right now, on the remains of the city in the Hudson river. Before that, the Attilan floated over the city for months, and before that in deep Kree space for the longest time after leaving the moon.

Last edited:
really good episode once again. Are there any comic blueprints of Attilan out there somewhere that could maybe be comparted to what they gave us here?

I'm not a comic reader so I know practically nothing about the Inhumans, so I'm really intrigued by this season and where it could possibly head. I like learning about the comic world while I watch rather than reading about things beforehand.

Seems like the alien was maybe aiming for the Moon and crashlanded on Earth instead. Possibly why he was trying to give everyone the "map" to the city he was aiming for.

I'm still happy they haven't yet shown Phil or Skye to be aliens, I really want Phil to stay Phil and Skye to stay Skye, but I'm pretty sure something big will be revealed about who Skye is somewhere down the line. As long as it's done as well as everything else on the show has been done I won't be upset.

I'm going to have to re watch just to catch the welders name. Is he a comic book character? And, yes, there was a "Micro" name drop. Excellent episode.

The Inhumans aren't really "aliens" per se. They're humans that were experimented on/genetically altered by the Kree.

Why can't they be introduced ? This is all in the same universe after all. So why cant they ?

No one is saying "can't". They're saying they "don't have to be", just the idea of them is all that is needed and maybe finding one of their old outposts.

Even then, there's a myriad of reasons why they might not cast any of those big characters this early before their own movie. Several comic films right now are having trouble with some of the actors they're going after because they don't want to sign such inclusive deals. Also, there's numerous things that could happen between now and that movie. Actors could regret taking the role or change their mind and want out. Or, heaven forbid, something could happen to them preventing them from returning altogether. It's a gamble to cast something so far in advance, is all anyone is saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"