Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD - S02E16 - "AfterLife"

This is the first time I ever wanted to re watch an episode of agents of Shield

I saved this one and last weeks episode as well so I can watch a bunch all at once right before AoU.

Skye looked even hotter than usual tonight,I may add. :ilv: :woot:

Damn skippy she did

Makes you think, don't it? The trained master elite spy getting absolutely schooled by a mere scientist.

You have to remember Bobbi wanted to trust Simmons and she appeared to be doing what they wanted

Which reminds me, there were some obvious references to AoU from Deathlok. Should be more of those coming hard and fast for the next few episodes.

I was arguing about the fact that I feel it would be easy to crossover AoS with the MCU proper and someone was arguing with me that it would be too complicated and a lot of the GA would be alienated so I said this:

You act like it has to be some big ordeal to do this, it's not. Here is a scenario I just thought of that would work. Let me know what you think

We know at the start of AoU they are trying to wipe out Hydra. In the episode of AoS before the movie premieres Coulson finds out some intel about Strucker and send Mockingbird to investigate. At the start of AoU Hill goes up to Stark and says she has important info about Hydra from Coulson.

STARK: Isn't he dead?

Hill: You should talk to Fury about that, I'll fill you in later

Then Coulson pops up on screen and informs him about Strucker doing some kind of human experimentation and says he has an agent at the location with a beacon so they can find her since she can't handle it on her own.

Avengers head out and Hawkeye meets up with Bobbi, she gives him the rundown and says I'll be here to back you up if needed. Hawkeye makes some comment about her being cute, Avengers head in and whoop ass.

That hit's all the major points and would only take up a few minutes of screen time without confusing anyone in the GA and the fanboys like me get our reward for watching everything. Is this needed? Absolutely not, but it would be cool. Something like that would fit the story just fine.

Now granted they more than likely have a reason as to why they didn't do something like this if that was the case and I totally respect them either way. But let's not kid ourselves that doing little nods like that is super hard or would make the GA feel like they missed something important. As of right now SHIELD is nothing compared to what it once was and they probably wouldn't even be that big of a help to the Avengers right now so if they are excluded I understand. But when it comes time for IW 1+2 I would expect everyone to be on deck for Thanos since that is a universal threat, SHIELD, Defenders, everyone.

If something similar to that happens that will blow my mind :wow:

A few things...

List was with Strucker in The Winter Soldier. I'd assume that the Agents will probably take care of him and let the Avengers take care of Strucker.

For those of you thinking that Black Bolt has to show up...they have told much of the set-up story of Inhumans without a single Inhuman character from the comics showing up (except Gordon, who debuted in the comics after he appeared on tv). They can and will work around the royal family.

I'm kind of bothered that Skye's mom is alive. It opens up the possibility that Whitehall is still alive...and while it would be cool for him to get all Kraken on the team, I don't like how death means absolutely nothing in the MCU already.

Glad to see Deathlok back. Hope he's here to stay.

Uh, what? You think Thomas Nash and Thomas Ward are one and the same based solely on the name? They don't even have the same age (T. Ward is a few years younger than Grant)! I'm confused here! :huh:

What it really tells me is that the showrunners seem to be loving the name Thomas a little too much: besides Nash and Ward, we also have Calderon named with a variation of it, Tomás. Not that it surprises me, I recall at least 4 characters named William in Joss Whedon's Buffyverse, including fan favorites Spike and Angel (Liam is the Irish form of William).

And also because Ward was so quick to kill him. He was unable to speak for himself and it was possible that was due to drowning in a well. It would have been easy for Ward to convince Garrett to "rename" him and find a way to dispose of him. I'm not saying it is him, but I'm open to the possibility.

I'm kind of bothered that Skye's mom is alive. It opens up the possibility that Whitehall is still alive...and while it would be cool for him to get all Kraken on the team, I don't like how death means absolutely nothing in the MCU already.

In all fairness, it's not like they haven't hinted this already. They practically screamed that her Inhuman power was Healing Factor, the power to regenerate tissue much faster than the normal human and that was the secret of Wolverine's virtual immortality until Marvel took it away recently to carve their way for a Death of Wolverine story. I'd be more shocked if they didn't bring her back.

But good point on Whitehall, I didn't think of that possibility until you mentioned it. I wonder if they'll go through it.

I'm with Son of Coul all the way.

Civil War begins on the SHH boards!

lol...I'm with you. Coulson has become one of my favorite MCU characters.

Agents Of SHIELD has been hitting it out of the park this season! And tonight? What a fun, twist-filled episode! I'm lovin' the SHIELD vs SHIELD storyline...it's a logical step.

If they connect this show to something in AoU like Deathlok hinted at I am going to flip the f*** out!

The episode he appears in airs a week after AoU's world premiere and a day before it releases overseas. So, yes, definitely.

So would it take place during the events of Age of Ultron? Or will that episode not air until the 28th?

I want an episode of just Son of Coul & Hunter driving (or flying) around the world making wisecracks and genuinely just kicking back and having fun... Hunter definitely seemed to have more wisecracks in him tonight :)

And also because Ward was so quick to kill him. He was unable to speak for himself and it was possible that was due to drowning in a well. It would have been easy for Ward to convince Garrett to "rename" him and find a way to dispose of him. I'm not saying it is him, but I'm open to the possibility.

Thomas wasn't even named at the time, not even with an alias like Christian was - his younger self was credited in "The Well" as Maynard. I'd also think that they wouldn't off the second most important character in Ward's backstory like an afterthought.

No, I'm pretty sure he's still alive and that we'll eventually see him, if we haven't seen him already (*cough* Lincoln *cough*).

So would it take place during the events of Age of Ultron? Or will that episode not air until the 28th?

Age of Ultron wil be released in selected markets a week before the US. I, who live in Brazil, for example, will be able to see it on the 23th.

Thomas wasn't even named at the time, not even with an alias like Christian was - his younger self was credited in "The Well" as Maynard. I'd also think that they wouldn't off the second most important character in Ward's backstory like an afterthought.

No, I'm pretty sure he's still alive and that we'll eventually see him, if we haven't seen him already (*cough* Lincoln *cough*).

Age of Ultron wil be released in selected markets a week before the US. I, who live in Brazil, for example, will be able to see it on the 23th.

I'm interested in that one too, but I don't know what indication we have that Ward's family has any inhuman DNA. I mean wouldn't Christian Ward have used it if he knew?

Edit: And post as many AoU details as you can!!!!

I'm interested in that one too, but I don't know what indication we have that Ward's family has any inhuman DNA. I mean wouldn't Christian Ward have used it if he knew?

Not necessarily. Christian's whole reason to hate Thomas and want him dead was because their mother favored him above Christian himself and Grant, so there's a chance he's the son of an affair of hers and not from Ward Sr. If the Inhuman gene comes from this supposed other father then he's unique in the family.

Glad to see Deathlok back. Hope he's here to stay.

That point is really starting to annoy me as well. They really need for character deaths to stick and mean something. Tripp and Lucy Lawless' character had better stay gone.

As for next week, I love how they found the one way Coulson would have to turn to Ward. Their meeting should be the best moment of TV this entire month.

So what do we call Skye's new friend, Static Shock?

Not necessarily. Christian's whole reason to hate Thomas and want him dead was because their mother favored him above Christian himself and Grant, so there's a chance he's the son of an affair of hers and not from Ward Sr. If the Inhuman gene comes from this supposed other father then he's unique in the family.

That's a stretch. It isn't uncommon to favor the youngest.

Are we ever going to see Cal "Hyde out" because you'd think he'd done it by now.

I'm assuming Cal just hasn't developed the right formula or taken enough of it at this point. I think they could go full Hyde in later seasons. Him being slapped around this episode and caged should give him enough incentive to make his formula more powerful.

Admit it. You were trying to look up her towel when she was on the table weren't you?:oldrazz:

Why wouldn't Skye's handler strip her completely before treatment? He said she wasn't completely naked. That's the first sign that Inhumans are NOT as smart as they pretend to be. :loco:

Im gonna have to watch this episode on abc Go. I just moved and the dish is not up yet. How long does it take for abc to put this episiode up?

I just checked an other source. and they got the episode. Downloading now!

Last edited:
HOLEEEEEEEEEEE ^&*()^&*(&* BABY!!I FREAKING DUG
THE UPGRADED DEATHLOK.... ABOUT FREAKING TIME!!!hahahahahah and loved Coulson when Hunter said why didnt you tell me" cause i wanted to see the look on your face! it was Priceless!"
This is getting good!!
only i want freakin BLACK BOLT!( i know i know! i gotta wait for the flick but one can hope!)
Am I the only rooting for the real SHIELD to win this?
yes!and why doesnt this surprise me that you would be on that dude's side!
TEAM COULSON all the way baby!

Last edited:
Another good episode.

Skye's mom is alive. (shocked me too)

Coulson and Hunter cracking jokes. Classic.

Fitz schooling Bobby and taking Coulson's "tool box" (the little cube thingy)
And Simmons helping him and making him sandwiches, too!

Deathlock is back and helping Phil!

Man, I'm so glad I continued watching this show. :)

Pretty soon it will tie into Age of Ultron.

That's a stretch. It isn't uncommon to favor the youngest.

In all honesty I'd rather have Thomas be a full brother to Grant and Christian than just a half-brother, but if he ends up being Inhuman they might want to guarantee that the whole Ward family won't suddenly be going through terrigenesis as to keep the Inhuman numbers short.

All I know is that #ItsAllConnected. If they intend to introduce Thomas in the story they'll do so interwoving him with the main storyline or not bringing him in at all. And quite honestly, if I do turn out to be wrong about Lincoln being Thomas - would not be the first time, but that's a good thing, this would be a terrible show if we were able to guess every single development in advance :) - the writers better do better than last episode to justify his existence. I can't be only one who rolled my eyes over how excessively flawless he seems to be or how overly cutesy some of his scenes with Skye were (Skye's the limit? Really? :whatever:), he's bordering too much on being a Mary Sue to my taste so far.

Last edited:
So nobody else thought that it was kind of weird that Lincoln referenced smoking weed to Skye? That seems a little edgy for ABC and the MCU haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"