Alejandro Gonzalez to helm.....Birdman

I'm a little intrigued. Certainly Gonzalez has a good resume so far.

First Gargoyles and now this. Hollywood getting me all excited and then when I read the details, my excitement goes away.

"Emma Stone, Naomi Watts, Zach Galifianakis, Michael Keaton to Star in 'Birdman'"

As opposed to Gonzalez Inarritu's usual soul-searing dramas, Birdman is a dark comedy that follows a former actor, who once played an iconic superhero, as he mounts a Broadway play based on a Raymond Carver short story in a bid to reclaim past glory. However, the play’s egotistical leading man threatens to throw everything down the tubes.

Keaton, who played Batman in the 1989 and 1992 Tim Burton movies, is the comic book movie star trying to regain his credibility.

Stone will play Keaton’s daughter, fresh from rehab and now his assistant. Watts will be an actress in the play, while Galifianakis will play the production's conniving producer.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/emma-stone-naomi-watts-zach-425990

I was getting ready to yell BIIIIIIRRRDMAN!!!!

The gallons of blood I would shed for Michael Keaton to play Harvey Birdman.

Hopefully they get George Clooney or Christian Bale as the ego maniacal actor!

I'll be looking forward to this.

Edward Norton joins! :D

http://www.deadline.com/2013/03/edw...o-gonzalez-inarritus-ensemble-comedy-birdman/

EXCLUSIVE: Edward Norton has been set to star in Birdman, the dark comedy that will be directed by Alejandro Gonzalez Innaritu for Fox Searchlight and New Regency. Norton joins Michael Keaton, Emma Stone, Naomi Watts and Zach Galifianakis in a film that will be shot in a Broadway theater in New York beginning mid-April. A former actor (Keaton) who once played a superhero puts together a play on Broadway that is based on a short story by Raymond Carver. Unfortunately, the ex-superhero’s plans to soar again are threatened by his egotistical lead stage actor. Norton will play that actor. Birdman is produced by Inarritu, John Lesher and Robert Graf. The director wrote the script with Nicolas Giacobone, Alexander Dinelaris and Armando Bo. While Norton is as identified with serious dramas as much as Inarritu (who’s making his first comedy), this will be the actor’s third straight film with a comic sensibility. He was most recently seen in Wes Anderson’s Moonrise Kingdom and he just wrapped Anderson’s followup, The Grand Budapest Hotel. Norton is repped by WME.

Sounds a bit like Death to Smoochy since Ed Norton is involved, cant wait, loved that movie!

Stone finished filming SM? didnt they start in march?

His name's Alejandro Innaritu. Gonzales is his second/middle name. Might wanna fix that title...

The fact that Keaton is in this is enough to get me excited.

Stone finished filming SM? didnt they start in march?

I don't think she's done filming ASM2. Birdman will probably have a quick shoot or she'll commute between both projects.

oRAjv3X.jpg

Keaton makes for the worst Dynomutt ever. :oldrazz:

Seriously. Slap a big red F on the guy in the costume and you've got Blue Falcon.

Makes me want to see Keaton return as Older Batman one day.

Is that make up on Keaton?... or he just aged a lot since The Other Guys! Wow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"