Alfred Pennyworth in the reboot

With a new Batman movie series, a new Alfred is inevitable. How would you like to see Alfred portrayed in the upcoming reboot, and who would be best to play him?

Personally, I'd like to see the formula mixed up a bit from the previous two series. Where Michael Gough and Michael Caine played more elderly, nurturing types, I wouldn't mind seeing a more involved, war-toughened Alfred that plays more on his army background. Maybe make him a little younger (late fifties as opposed to early-mid seventies like the previous two Alfreds) and get him more involved in the action. I'm not saying he should fight crime alongside Batman, but I'd like to see him more hands-on in the detective work as a supporting figure to Bruce.

Of course, he still should have that fatherly feel to him, but I'd like to see a little more from him this time around. I think Batman: The Animated Series is a good model to base him on.

Maybe my ideas are terrible, but that's just my way of seeing it. How would you like Alfred to be portrayed?
The Alfred you're looking for is basically the Batman earth one Alfred. Pretty much everything you wanted all wrapped into a tough hard nosed Alfred.

Ralph Fiennes or Alan Rickman would pretty much require an Alfred with more of a sardonic drill-master style to him, with perhaps a bit more tough love than usual. And I could see both actors playing an Alfred fresh from government service or his acting career.

If we got a younger Alfred than I want a Leslie Thompkins for him to flirt with

Ian McKellen, while not my 1st choice, could be a good Alfred

thumb-600x400-64929ad2ca176a44209afec5f6f170c1.jpg

I have to admit, I'd really want to see a Batman movie with Pierce Brosnan as Alfred. It would just be fun to know that not only can Alfred kick ass, but that he probably will at some point during the movie.

Ninjas invade Wayne Manor!
BLAM!
Alfred: Welcome to Gotham!

here's Alan Rickman rocking a mustache. he should be the new Alfred. right age, has the look, and definitely has the acting chops.

Alan%20Rickman-LMK-081438.jpg

His voice is too sinister sounding to me lol

But he should be looked at.

Also by the time the franchise starts, guys like Rickman and Dalton will be 73 and 74. Pierce Brosnan will be just 65. Would he be the youngest Alfred if picked?

Got to be Timothy Dalton, for me. He is a wonderful actor with a lot of charm, but seriously underused.

Hot_Fuzz_56078_Medium_zps3b66ee74.jpg

I want a poll for this thread. Tried starting one but something wouldn't let me :huh:

Lot of good choices around here. Liam Cunningham, Timothy Dalton, Pierce Brosnan, Alan Rickman, Jeremy Irons, or Michael Gambon..

I don't want Ian Mckellan he's got enough franchises. Anthony Hopkins would be great but hes Odin...

i will be truly dissappointed if peirce brosnan isnt our new alfred. he would make for such a new fesh take on the character! he is absolutelt my #1 pick. if not him.......hmm...alan rickman sounds good i guess. i liked the timothy dalton pick,too :)

Nighy's too miserable imo.

The trick is to look for an actor who suits, not only the characterization of Alfred best, but also who could pull of the sensitive father type to young disturbed Bruce Wayne.

And also bring something different, while also being faithful to the source material. That's when Pierce Brosnan came to mind :woot:

Nobody for Stephen Fry?

It was a joke at first, but the idea is growing on me.

i like hugh laurie and stephen fry. but no to laurie and HELL no to stephen fry.

Brosnan would be a great choice, but he still seems very young for "Alfred" unless they give him action scenes.

Brosnan would be a great choice, but he still seems very young for "Alfred" unless they give him action scenes.

He will likely be in his mid-60s by the time they get around to doing the reboot. That's not too young for Alfred, especially since Alfred seems to be middle-aged in the comics anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"