BvS All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - - Part 307

Goes to Show that the man understands what poetic is as much as he knows how to be Subtle. XD

Snyder seriously thought anyone would allow him to name this film "Son of Suns and Knight of Nights"? Come on dude!

Well…

It’s clear from the interview that Snyder really disliked the studio imposed title. He even ridiculed it. So in a way, he was “seriously” suggesting that any number of alternatives titles (even the clumsy poetic ones) would have been better than “vs.”

Well…

It’s clear from the interview that Snyder really disliked the studio imposed title. He even ridiculed it. So in a way, he was “seriously” suggesting that any number of alternatives titles (even the clumsy poetic ones) would have been better than “vs.”

The one he suggested was not better, it's even worse.

I think someone somewhere said should've used Superman/Batman: Public Enemies just like the comic.

The one he suggested was not better, it's even worse.

Snyder disagrees. :cwink:

In the interview (which I’ve only seen in printed form), it seemed like Snyder just spitballed a suggestion. But he added “or something that’s a bit more poetic.” Lots of folks concentrating on the spitball and ignoring the “or something [else]” part.

Back in the day, I defended the “Batman versus Superman” moniker. But for purely utilitarian and commercial reasons. It’s the first time Bats and Supers are together on the big screen. And they’re feuding. So — truth in advertising — you spell that out in the title. But it ain’t pretty.

Since Batman V Superman is a prequel to Justice League, one may argue that this sub-forum belongs here (kind of)

As more time goes on, I grow fonder of this movie and Snyder’s DCEU efforts. It’s still not my favorite stuff in the world, but I can definitely see the merits of the “Snyderverse”.

BvS, in particular, is probably the most drastic turnaround in terms of my feelings on Snyder’s DCEU films. I went from heavily disliking it to actually liking it quite a bit for all the things it tried to do (successfully or otherwise).

Battinson is still better than Batfleck, though. ;)

Last edited:

Not my favorite Batman, but it is Affleck’s best look in the role. As a completist, I’m tempted to pick this one up just so I’ll have all the Batmen when all is said and done.

Really cool.

I enjoyed Ben in the role of Bruce/Batman. Another one of those instances when an actor, with a great take on a character, gets caught in a bad script.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"