All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - Part 91

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Zodfather: Heresy

With some Jor-El-Zod bromance and liberal shots of Faora kicking interplanetary ass.
Lara: You did more than just hang out on those dragon-fishing trips? Didn't you...

:oldrazz:

It is about Krypton, it is about Jor-El and Lara, it is about Superman. Lets not get technical about something that isn't technical. And you don't make that without the guy who can fly.

It'd in Superman's world but it wouldn't be about Superman.

I think a Krypton prequel would be really interesting and quite fresh. I'd love to see it, but it'd never happen.

I know we can't know, but I would not assume to say for sure we won't see Crowe and Costner in follow up films.

Hey at least we get more Adams and Lane that sure as hell tops them. :oldrazz:

:o

I actually want Martha to move into Metropolis for a while. "But you can't be", when she tells him how the damage Zod had done to her home could be replaced. It could be Clark wants her close by?

I want to see Clark remodeling the old Kent house. Discreetly of course.

The Kent Farm will be moved to a secret penthouse in Metropolis. :awesome:

I think any chance of Lane coming back means Costner could return in flashbacks.

I'm not sure if it's just me thinking this, but did anyone else get the impression that it actually hurts an kryptonian to use heat vision? Nearly every time we saw Superman or even Zod use Heat vision, they had to close their eyes again and shake their head off, almost as if using that ability bothered their eyes.

I'm not sure if it's just me thinking this, but did anyone else get the impression that it actually hurts an kryptonian to use heat vision? Nearly every time we saw Superman or even Zod use Heat vision, they had to close their eyes again and shake their head off, almost as if using that ability bothered their eyes.

Yeah I definitely got that! They always screamed when they used it. I think it just hurts when you do full intensity as when Clark was melting ice and healing Lois he seemed fine.

I liked it though. If someone, even a Kryptonian had full intensity heat beams blaring from their eyes it would surely have some effect.

yes.

but I think that's more due to the "laser heat vision" being a relatively new thing to both of them.

so it causes them pain and discomfort and they're not used to it.

Clark was using heat vision before ( ever since he was a kid ), but that wasn't the "laser beam" kind.

Either that, or it makes their vision blurry for a moment.

^ I always thought heat vision had a tremendous amount of eye strain so that it eventually hurts to use, and that they have to "relax" to be more comfortable.

I wonder if Heat Vision saps some of the solar power that their body collected, thus causing some pain.

Things like that added a nice texture to all the proceedings. Over all this made me feel like I was when I read the Byrne run when I was a wee lad. This was presented as if it were happening, as if the whole fictional world had weight. Down to Clark and others blinking hard and grabbing their temples after intense use of heat vision.

I actually want Martha to move into Metropolis for a while. "But you can't be", when she tells him how the damage Zod had done to her home could be replaced. It could be Clark wants her close by?

Good idea. I definitely wanna see Martha return in the sequel. The Clark scenes with Martha are nice to watch in MOS. And she can serve as superman's weakest.

To people who complained (and are still complaining) that the family was idiotic when stuck between Zod's Heat Vision and could've just travelled to their left, I managed to get my hands on that scene and deconstruct it for myself (for obvious reasons, I'm not going to post it here).

The verdict? The family was barricaded by the debris (not a stairwell or anything) from Superman and Zod's entry into the station. So really, they couldn't move past the left even if they wanted to. Thus, the only choice was for Superman to kill Zod, and the family wasn't idiotic (heck, that's a very brave father there for shielding his family from the heat vision).

To people who complained (and are still complaining) that the family was idiotic when stuck between Zod's Heat Vision and could've just travelled to their left, I managed to get my hands on that scene and deconstruct it for myself (for obvious reasons, I'm not going to post it here).

The verdict? The family was barricaded by the debris (not a stairwell or anything) from Superman and Zod's entry into the station. So really, they couldn't move past the left even if they wanted to. Thus, the only choice was for Superman to kill Zod, and the family wasn't idiotic (heck, that's a very brave father there for shielding his family from the heat vision).

but were they blocked by anything directly in front of them??

couldn't they just have run straight forward to get out of the way??

I don't remember if anything was blocking them on the front.......

but were they blocked by anything directly in front of them??

couldn't they just have run straight forward to get out of the way??

I don't remember if anything was blocking them on the front.......
The debris was blocking them on the front. Superman and Zod were standing right next to it. The family had no where to run.

the debris was blocking them on the front??

I thought they were blocked on their left side by a staircase or something, on their right by Zod's beam, and on their back by the wall.

but if the debris was blocking them on the front, what was blocking them on their left?

The debris was on the left side of the family (right by our perspective as an audience). There is actually no staircase that's blocking them, but rather a broken down and considerably large column. Think of it this way:

||| [Family][Debris/Broken Column]
||| (stones)[Debris/Broken Column]
||| (stones)[Debris/Larger stones]
|||
|||
|||
[Zod]
[Superman]

Nothing appears to be in front of them After analyzing the scene countlessly, there is some debris in front of them in the shape of medium-sized to small stones, meaning that they would have to be extremely strategic if they're taking a straight path, one trip to the right side (family's perspective, it'll be left from the audience's perspective) = death. But they were heavily distracted by the sudden heat vision being unleashed from Zod's eyes, that's when fear set in for them. I don't blame them for having a mental lapse in that case since people can be distracted during tumultuous disasters in real life. Plus, I have a feeling if they went out straight, that Zod would just escalate the situation (there was considerable speed from when Zod unleashed the heat vision to his neck snap scene, leaving me to reason that he would increase the speed if it meant absolutely killing them).

The polar bear was stock footage from a documentary. I feel like it was done to appease a certain producer ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"