All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - Part 91

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh. Cool! Hope you like it even more the 2nd time :awesome:

i just realized that he is driving on the bike through Metropolis without his glasses on. he even walks inside the DP building without the glasses. its already hard to accept that he has the same hair as Clark and that he looks like Clark Kent from smallville.

the scene is a a perfect scene because the camera is behind him and its building up to the Metropolis Clark Kent persona. so i like what i see. i think Snyder directed the best he could with what was on paper but.....

i guess this is one of the dumbest things i noticed in a movie in the last 10 years. and Bay is the king of stupid scenes. so again i like what i see but it is the definition of ''stupid''.

:hehe::awesome:

i just realized that he is driving on the bike through Metropolis without his glasses on. he even walks inside the DP building without the glasses. its already hard to accept that he has the same hair as Clark and that he looks like Clark Kent from smallville.

the scene is a a perfect scene because the camera is behind him and its building up to the Metropolis Clark Kent persona. so i like what i see. i think Snyder directed the best he could with what was on paper but.....

i guess this is one of the dumbest things i noticed in a movie in the last 10 years. and Bay is the king of stupid scenes. so again i like what i see but it is the definition of ''stupid''.

What are you talking about? Why is it stupid?

Stupid IS when you can't recognize "this" Superman behind a pair of glasses.

The thing I found weirdest about that scene, was how they shut down entire streets in Chicago to do that scene, and in the final film, all you see is a really out of focus shot over Clarks shoulder. A pretty expensive way to do a shot like that :huh:

What are you talking about? Why is it stupid?
its stupid writting from Goyer. why does he have the glasses if he didnt need them before going inside the elevator? even if you say now that maybe noone noticed that its Superman when he is on the bilke and when he is walking inside the DP . why would Clark think that he doesnt need them?

The thing I found weirdest about that scene, was how they shut down entire streets in Chicago to do that scene, and in the final film, all you see is a really out of focus shot over Clarks shoulder. A pretty expensive way to do a shot like that :huh:

:funny:

It is funny when you learn the lengths (and money) some films take to do something that seems short or very simple.

its stupid writting from Goyer. why does he have the glasses if he didnt need them before going inside the elevator?

Because he's not wearing them because he has bad eyesight? He's wearing them to look different in front of the people he's going to see every day, the people who will be there after he gets out of the elevator.

You know, as cool as a KRYPTON prequel would be (read LAST DAYS OF KRYPTON), I'm okay with just seeing more of it in future films, via flashbacks or what have you.

Because he's not wearing them because he has bad eyesight? He's wearing them to look different in front of the people he's going to see every day, the people who will be there after he gets out of the elevator.
hahaha. :woot:

so Clark thought what you wrotte. and he didnt think that it would be smart to have them on the second he walked out of his new apartment. it makes sense to Clark to put on the glasses before going up with the elevator and before meeting with Perry? he of course didnt get the job without meeting him so he was already there days before this scene.

thats why i like SHH. before writting the post you spend seconds coming up with an explanation. of course there is none because it doesnt make sense. but you still did it. thats what i call a good fanboys. this is positive.
:cwink::up:

i like SHH members like you who are not hiding behind a lie. you like the movie and you will support it no matter what. respect :up:

so Clark thought what you wrotte. and he didnt think that it would be smart to have them on the second he walked out of his new apartment. it makes sense to Clark to put on the glasses before going up with the elevator and before meeting with Perry? he of course didnt get the job without meeting him so he was already there days before this scene.

I don't imagine Perry was waiting at the door of the elevator so he could introduce Clark to everyone. He could have just finished his interview. I didn't say Clark thought what I said. But it makes sense that he'd be more concerned about the people who see him every day and know his name and where he works thinking he looks like Superman. Instead of a random passerby who would say "oh, that guy looks kinda like Superman. Alright. Now to never see him again."

Did he have to put them on in the elevator? No. Could he have put them on earlier? Sure, if he wanted. But the shot looked cool and has no negative effects on the story, so who cares? Still don't see why it's stupid as opposed to just a detail.

hahaha. :woot:

thats why i like SHH. before writting the post you spend seconds coming up with an explanation. of course there is none because it doesnt make sense. but you still did it. thats what i call a good fanboys. this is positive.
:cwink::up:

i like SHH members like you who are not hiding behind a lie. you like the movie and you will support it no matter what. respect :up:

People have glasses for different things....

Some wont need them whilst driving but they are pretty much blind when it comes to reading books.

Plus it would take a real dick to say "hang on a minute you weren't wearing those glasses earlier when you were outside and I was in here where I couldn't see you, therefore your whole life is a lie and you are Superman".

Taking criticism with "RELEASE THE WORLD ENGINE" which I do is a nitpick. That complaint is just incomprehensible.

Everyone already says it's unbelievable that Clark fools anyone with a pair of glasses. So I don't mind if they are playing it loose with the glasses. So far, outside of the military and Lois, no one got a perfect look at Superman. Most people ran past him or saw him from afar, when all hell was breaking loose. And how big are the chances that he keeps running into people as Clark Kent, who he saved earlier as Superman?

People have glasses for different things....

Some wont need them whilst driving but they are pretty much blind when it comes to reading books.
i bow down to you how you are trying to twist this.

i am not talking about what people think that Clark doesnt have the glasses on while driving a bike. no no no. i am saying that he is wearing the glasses on his face to hide that he is Superman. by not having them on he is visible to people that he is superman. to his coworkers and to people on the street.

again bravo for trying to give an explanation that as Clark Kent the reporter he doesnt need his glasses for driving a bike and walking on the street. bravo :up::D

i am not talking about what people think that Clark doesnt have the glasses on while driving a bike. no no no. i am saying that he is wearing the glasses on his face to hide that he is Superman. by not having them on he is visible to people that he is superman. to his coworkers and to people on the street.

again bravo for trying to give an explanation that as Clark Kent the reporter he doesnt need his glasses for driving a bike and walking on the street. bravo :up::D

But that simply is not true in this version.

If the glasses hid that he was Superman wouldn't Lois be like "oh who is this?". This conversation is possibly a SHH low.

Why do you have to be so condescending to people trying to offer you an explanation to your complaint?

But that simply is not true in this version.

If the glasses hid that he was Superman wouldn't Lois be like "oh who is this?". This conversation is possibly a SHH low.
nice try Deserana. you almost had me. i already wrotte that maybe i was wrong.
s0pvJMS.gif

thank god that the final scene is on youtube and i could watch it to hear the dialoge. :lmao:

''I want you to meet our new stringer,i want you to show him the ropes.This is Clark Kent, good luck kid.''

Why do you have to be so condescending to people trying to offer you an explanation to your complaint?
because it makes no sense. even if you like the movie you would have to admit it. but some here can not do it. if someone would put a gun to your head you would try to find an explanation. and thats why i like you. thats how you do it. i am not trying to insult. :woot:

and i like the scene in the movie. :cwink:

I read somewhere that Perry's gonna be in on it. I wouldn't be surprised if that happens in the sequels.

nice try Deserana. you almost had me. i already wrotte that maybe i was wrong.

thank god that the final scene is on youtube and i could watch it to hear the dialoge. :lmao:

''I want you to meet our new stringer,i want you to show him the ropes.This is Clark Kent, good luck kid.''

Wait. What the **** is your argument?

I'm not someone who defends the film at every point. I've listed multiple times issues I have with the film.

You're problem? Something to do with Clark Kent and glasses... do you even know what your issue is?

Everyone already says it's unbelievable that Clark fools anyone with a pair of glasses. So I don't mind if they are playing it loose with the glasses. So far, outside of the military and Lois, no one got a perfect look at Superman. Most people ran past him or saw him from afar, when all hell was breaking loose. And how big are the chances that he keeps running into people as Clark Kent, who he saved earlier as Superman?
now we are going in the right direction. this post does make a little sense. Nathan good.

You're problem? Something to do with Clark Kent and glasses... do you even know what your issue is?
i used the word perfect for how Snyder directed the scene and i wrotte that i liked it. :cwink:

relax everything is under control. :yay:

i used the word perfect for how Snyder directed the scene and i wrotte that i liked it. :cwink:

relax everything is under control. :yay:

So me and HighFivingMF are trying to explain... nothing.

Or did you realize you were wrong? Also what's with the patronizing comments..

because it makes no sense.

Your argument and tone? I absolutely agree. Neither of those make sense. You're also continuing to press a point that nobody else thinks makes sense. Except instead of offering elaboration in favor of your point, you're just being rude and saying "nuh uh." For a scene you like no less.

Last edited:
Just saw This is the End tonight, really funny movie but we got a mobile phone advert thing that played the MOS Zod music on it, was so epic made me wanna watch it again :oldrazz:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"