All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 94

Status
Not open for further replies.
Injustice-GodsAmongUs2013-030-020.jpg

Last edited:
I was hoping they would've started off with the war on Krypton instead of watching Lara give birth. Later on when Clark discovers the fortress, Jor-El basically gave him an explanation to Krypton's destruction. I loved the look of Krypton. It was something different than the ice planet we're used to seeing, but I felt like they were trying to pull off an Avatar in the beginning.

I don't know a whole lot about Superman's mythology, so some stuff might not has bothered me as much as others. I just felt like they went overboard with the opening sequence. I would have preferred short and simple, rather than long and fancy.
Has Supermans birth ever been shown in a movie before?
I thought that it was a bold choice.
When we saw it,
My friend and I were deeply moved by the entire scene .

Hmm wonder if those Injustice panels were written before or after MoS was released :oldrazz:

Saturday my college band play Flight from Man of Steel....I geeked out

Has Supermans birth ever been shown in a movie before?
I thought that it was a bold choice.
When we saw it,
My friend and I were deeply moved by the entire scene .

To the overall story of Superman in this new DCCU, there must be some significance to us being brought into his legend from the actual moment of birth. My fear is that it is indicative of where they will end the story...

I haven't been reading Injustice, but I think I might just have to start :)

If you're a fan of the Clark and Lois relationship, then it's somewhat depressing to read the first two chapters.

If you're a fan of the Clark and Lois relationship, then it's somewhat depressing to read the first two chapters.

Lol yup. I'm not sure you should put yourself through it all over again Hopeful :oldrazz:

Still a great read. I'm up to issue 4 of the collected comics.

Picked up the Command Key necklace at Walmart in the Halloween section guys. 6 bucks.
z4pa.jpg

Nice! Is that command key available in the UK? Or does anyone know where I can order one online?

It will look sweet on my naked hairy on fire muscled torso! I'm sure Cavill and Snyder modelled bearded muscular Clark on groundskeeper Willie!

Grease me up woman!

Last edited:
Is there any other place besides walmart that sell these?

Is there any other place besides walmart that sell these?

There are some action figures that come with the command key. Not that I have purchased any action figures or anything.

Thanks for the heads up Tempest. Will check them out then.

To the overall story of Superman in this new DCCU, there must be some significance to us being brought into his legend from the actual moment of birth. My fear is that it is indicative of where they will end the story...
If the third movie was about Supermans death,
That means either a fourth film to bring him back ,
Or he comes back to life befoe the third film is over.
That last scenario is more likely .

What the heck happened to that Superman animation celebrating 75 years that Synder was directing and was shown at Comic Con?

There was all that talk about it and then... nothing.

If the third movie was about Supermans death,
That means either a fourth film to bring him back ,
Or he comes back to life befoe the third film is over.
That last scenario is more likely .

Kill him in his 3rd movie. Bring him back in the Second Justice League movie.
2127329-new101_18.jpg

In America ? You are damn right. Certain characters can be changed and fiddled with, and critics will be okay with it or even on board. From my perspective, after reading alot of MOS's reviews, it wasn't even the pacing or character development issues critics had with Steel, it was simply they didn't like the inclusion of science fiction into the Superman mythos. "It felt like a sci-fi action flick more than a Superman film." That's understandable. But i'm glad Superman was changed up. Film-wise, the character needed to be changed up and re-vamped to fit todays' audiences.
I've seen the film several times now, and it suffers from pacing issues. I bet you Snyder's nearly 3 hour cut might have fixed some of those issues. Or maybe made them worse, I don't know. It's just a classic case of fitting so much story into 2.5 hours. While I really, thoroughly enjoyed the film, I didn't "love" it. It was the best Superman film we've received since Superman II, but it's marketing didn't live up to the film's final product.
Then again, I was expecting this film to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. :oldrazz:
Synder, I love the guy to death, but all his films have the same pacing issues. That could really bite Superman vs. Batman in the ash. What if Snyder goes crazy and starts to bring too much of Batman's story into Superman's ? Or vice-versa ?

The sad thing is that a lot of those elements are present in some of the comics but people are so attached to the Donner Films and the superfical image of Superman.

It iratates me when people complain about superman frowning, looking angry, or being too violent. Sups is a dynamic character. It's not like he farts rainbows all the time.
zod_vs._superman.jpg

2708076-2652947-2623042-zod2.jpg

Superman-vs-Zod.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members